Discussion Unpopular k-pop opinions (2 Viewers)

twelveloona

Trainee
Reaction score
"Genie" by Girls' Generation/SNSD is super mediocre and overrated; I prefer C.J. Lewis' English demo/remix more (and am sad that it isn't available outside Japan)

Honestly, even Taeyeon said the same thing. Unpopular opinion because it is the point of the thread after all, but I prefer "I Got a Boy"

Twice does have powerhouse vocalists (such as Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Nayeon) and I think people only see them as vocally weak due to their cutesy image and popularity among children/teenagers

I wish people would shut up about Solji for one second and care about the other EXID members for things apart from their beauty/hotness (like with Hani; she's not just hot, she's also one of the group's best singers. I don't even stan her, because my bias in EXID is the other member whose vocals are never talked about because everybody just keeps on talking about Solji: Hyelin)

Reactions: Lady_Camellia

TicTok_Togruta

✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Reaction score
Junji from OnlyOneOf looks like Nam Taehyun to me.

Angel

Trainee
Reaction score
Red Flavor is mediocre and I can’t get the hype around it. The only part I like is the chorus(without the mini dance break) and the rest is ‘meh’
Power up>>>>>>>>>

lexus

Lex with the sex, flex, and texmex
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
Some Blinks seriously need to stop throwing so much hatred at other YG groups just because they're having a comeback or debut before Blackpink. I understand Blinks being frustrated with the lack of a comeback, but taking it out on other YG groups is beyond ridiculous. Stop being angry with the groups and get angry with YG instead.

Reaction score
Ship
I just stumbled upon this and began watching it and was completely underwhelmed by it and then scrolled down to see the comments gushing about how they cried watching the performance because it was that great, how everything was perfect, and that LOONA has proven themselves to be the best of the 4th generation. I'm sorry, but did we watch the same performance?

Here is my thing-I believe that LOONA has a butt load of potential but they haven't peaked and they haven't reached it yet and this performance does nothing but prove that they really aren't there yet...but it's possible for them. The vocals were incredibly soft and a bit hard to hear over the instrumental. The dancing wasn't bad, but I noticed mistakes and slip-ups here and the stage presence wasn't bad but also not fully there either.

They have so much potential but people need to stop kissing their asses and blowing mediocre performances out of the water as something more than they are-I also want to say I'm happy that Gowon and Vivi got more lines here though since BBC refuses to give them some in LOONA's own songs.

They have potential, but are they the best? Not by any means, but will they in the future create a new standard or blow up as they deserve too? Probably.

I'm sorry for this long-winded rant, I was just so flabbergasted by my reaction to the performance versus everyone else. You are free to love and enjoy this performance all you want, especially if you are a diehard orbit-do what you do. Just don't sell this as something it isn't.

Ahsoka

♡ You are valid and loved ❤
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
SM doesn't hate Exo or Red Velvet and underpromote them. Both groups get more promotion than most other SM groups. Shinee went over a year with no comebacks more than once, even at the peak of their popularity, yet some exo-ls complained when Exo had gone 8 months without a comeback. The only boy group that has more promotion than Exo is NCT and that makes sense since they're a newer group. When they were younger Exo was constantly promoted, even before they hit big. Red velvet gets muliple comebacks a year, have solos and now subunits, many collabs, they were promoted so much better than f(x). Their stans need to stop making it seem like they're jobless.

amourpinks

Idol
Reaction score
I’m so sick of these hard ass choreos. I want to hear you SING! Not lipsyncing for your life.

Reactions: eclipsoul

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)