Upbeat Or Downbeat? Your Kpop Style. (1 Viewer)

What's your style?

  • Upbeat, energetic, loud, fast, etc.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Downbeat, subdued, soft, slower, etc.

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A mix of both.

    Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Other: Comment!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    16

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Upbeat Or Downbeat? Your Kpop Style.





So we all love this wonderful world of Korean pop.

Spend all kinds of time listening to all the great music it produces.

But we all have our own niche!

Some like dance songs! Some like ballads! Some like jammers. Some like happy songs. And all kinds of others.

In a broad sense are you more a lover of upbeat, energetic tracks?

Or are you more a lover of slower, more subdued or maybe sad songs?

Give some examples of stuff you mainly spend your time listening to!




Me:


I'm predominantly a lover of more subdued, downbeat repertoire.

Ballads, slow jams, R&B, sad songs.

I enjoy a lot of more energetic tracks, but the majority of my listening is devoted to the softer side.

Examples:





 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I prefer Mid-Tempo more than anything, but my SS501 and TVXQ ballads give me life...

But I tend to be obsessed with songs like this: that have a sort of intense feel, but aren't necessary ballads and definitely aren't strict dance tracks, such as




​

Edit: Perhaps the word maudlin would be my definition of songs that I prefer. Perhaps with a dash of Melancholy.
 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
A mix of both, I guess?

I definitely listen to upbeat tracks quite a lot more, like probably 70% of my playlist consists of those. I just love songs that get me in a good mood, are catchy and just simply a lot of fun to listen to.

However when I do find a softer, slower song that I really like, I tend to love it to bits. I have a bunch of ballads that I'd easily put ahead of some of my upbeat favourites. I'm just pretty picky and tend to find many slower songs a tad bit boring, I guess.

Just leaving the greatest kpop track of all time here

 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I prefer Mid-Tempo more than anything, but my SS501 and TVXQ ballads give me life...

But I tend to be obsessed with songs like this: that have a sort of intense feel, but aren't necessary ballads and definitely aren't strict dance tracks, such as




​

Edit: Perhaps the word maudlin would be my definition of songs that I prefer. Perhaps with a dash of Melancholy.

Oh beautiful selections! Particularly Obsession.

I guess my dichotomy was meant to be more loose or colloquial and not in a technical sense.

Should have had a third category! As you pointed out it doesn't really allow the full range.

I'd put your choices in my "down" category haha
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,411
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
43530
43531

is why i am in kpop, but i will admit the songs i repeat most often are ballady. but that does not mean i am not listening to any of the fun one 3-4 times in a row.
like






but these kind tend to get repeated every time they come up.





 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
1,097
Reactions Received
2,827
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I’m more of an upbeat kpop person any song with a cheery beat and makes me feel good that’s the song I’ll listen to regularly
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
My most played tend to be on the chiller, downbeat side (maybe mid?)



 
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
It really depends on my mood
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I like a mixture of both. It usually just depends on my mood, but I've been listening to more slow songs recently.







And I guess this is the more upbeat song I've been listening to lately -

 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Majority of the time I do prefer more of a upbeat dance type of songs. Though for like certain group like TVXQ I like both their upbeat and ballad songs.







 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly a mix of both
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I have a preference for ballads but I listen regularly to all types of songs. It’s because I prefer sad and emotional songs.
Here are the ballads that I listen to the most :









 
Joined
12 June 2019
Messages
193
Reactions Received
460
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
14
It honestly depends on my mood.

《But today I'm definitely feeling whatever these songs are:
1. (G)I-DLE "Shiltago Malhae" (Also known as "Put it Straight", "Don't Say No")
2. April "Blue Bird"
3. ATEEZ "Wonderland"
4. Baby V.O.X "Doll"
5. Berry Good "Angel"
6. BIGFLO "Upside Down"
7. Everglow "Moon"
8. EXO "Love Shot"
9 - 10.Gaho "Fly", "Pink Walk"
11. Han Damhee "Moonlight Lovers"
12. Monsta X "Fallin"
13. SF9 "Now Or Never"
14 - 17. WJSN "I Wish", "Dreams Come True", "La La Love", "Miracle".》 


(G)I-DLE "Shiltago Malhae" (I've seen it translated as either Put it Straight or Don't Say No. Sooo I'd rather just say the Korean title)



April "The Blue Bird"



ATEEZ "Wonderland"


Baby V.O.X "Doll"


Berry Good "Angel"



BIGFLO "Upside Down"



Everglow "Moon"



EXO "Love Shot"



Gaho "Pink Walk", "Fly"




Han Damhee "Moonlight Lovers"



Monsta X "Fallin"



SF9 "Now or Never"



WJSN "I Wish", "Dreams Come True", "La La Love", "Miracle"







【17 songs in total. :nekosweat:.
I'm sincerely hoping y'all already NOW know of:
1. (G)I-DLE "Shiltago Malhae" (Due to Queendom. Thank goodness brought this song outta obscurity), 2. EXO "Love Shot"
3. all of the WJSN songs minus "Miracle", 4. April "Blue Bird" and 5. Berry Good "Angel".
I have little hope people will know of: 1. ATEEZ "Wonderland", 2. SF9 "Now or Never" and 3. BIGFLO "Upside Down".
Not counting those leaves a total of 10 songs. And then if by some miracle people know of ATEEZ, SF9 and BIGFLO that leaves 7 songs.】
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,594
Reactions Received
43,659
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,402
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
outside of kpop, i'm definitely more into the slower, sad songs but when it comes to kpop, it's somewhere in the middle. i'm not the biggest fan of ballads in k-pop, but i would any time prefer them over songs with heavy beat drop or so.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread