What are your favorite concepts in Kpop? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
OK I'm back

An mv where one of a gang members gets captured and help captive for a ransom, and the gang gets the money and it shows 2 possible endings. In one possibility they all get shot by the rival gang that held him hostage. In the 2nd no one gets shot but it turns out that the guy that was kidnapped was actually an undercover police officer and they get arrested.



In this one one of the gang members' sister/gf gets kidnapped by another gang member. He tries to figure out who the kidnapper is before realizing that it's a group member. He wonder who it is; Yongguks the one obsessed with fire, Jongup with shooting people even if theyre dead, Zelo and Youngjae with money. He gets a message from the kidnapper telling him to kill Himchan, who's the leader of them all. Himchan realizes, and when Daehyun tries following him he takes away his gun. The kidnapper text Daehyun the location, and he find his sister/gf dead. The gang (minus Daehyun) go somewhere but are ambushed by police. Daehyun shows up and a shoot out begins. Everyone gets shot basically, and everyone seems dead minus Daehyun, whos dying but not quite dead. Jongup gets up and Daehyun realizes that it was him. Jongup shoots Daehyun, and it turns out Jongup had a bulletproof vest all along which is how he's alive. It cuts to a scene of them playing poker, where Jongup wins a round, implying that greed is the root of evil.


There's a lot of ways to interpret this mv. The most obvious bit is that the 6 members are looking for signs of their love. Whether its 6 different manifestations of the same person or 6 individual stories is up to interpretation, but to me I think its 6 different manifestations. With that perspective, it seems like Himchan is the last stage. He finds the memories and after the reel is over, he points a gun at the mirror. In the mirror he's reflecting, showing himself pointing a gun at his head, and he shoots. Whether he's killing his past or himself is also up to interpretation, but I think he's killing his past self, not his present.

All these mv tell stories and are quite longer than the song itself, so they take instrumentals and parts of other songs and mix them in to lengthen it. They're all pretty elaborate and riveting. I'll post some non bap non story ones later when I think of some.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
These two are romantic dark and they have similar concepts to each other but I still like them so here:



A SHOOT FOR YOU CAUSE YOU ADDED THE SUPERIOR BOP OF THE BOP FROM HEIZE AND DEAN (shoot is a super good TOOT aka. a good job was done here)
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy and Darkseid

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
okkkk I want to use song no one mentioned here for the concepts

I really love a chill but intense concept something like what Woo Wonjae and Dean do. What comes to mind are :
Instagram:


Cash:


I also love a dreamy and more magical concept that WJSN heavily does:


I also love a modern twist on a disco isnpired song. I was thinking of Ending Credit by the queen Uhm Junghwa


I just enjoy retro but done with new and surprising twist that make things not so foreign to us more modern
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Suzy and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
OK I'm back

An mv where one of a gang members gets captured and help captive for a ransom, and the gang gets the money and it shows 2 possible endings. In one possibility they all get shot by the rival gang that held him hostage. In the 2nd no one gets shot but it turns out that the guy that was kidnapped was actually an undercover police officer and they get arrested.



In this one one of the gang members' sister/gf gets kidnapped by another gang member. He tries to figure out who the kidnapper is before realizing that it's a group member. He wonder who it is; Yongguks the one obsessed with fire, Jongup with shooting people even if theyre dead, Zelo and Youngjae with money. He gets a message from the kidnapper telling him to kill Himchan, who's the leader of them all. Himchan realizes, and when Daehyun tries following him he takes away his gun. The kidnapper text Daehyun the location, and he find his sister/gf dead. The gang (minus Daehyun) go somewhere but are ambushed by police. Daehyun shows up and a shoot out begins. Everyone gets shot basically, and everyone seems dead minus Daehyun, whos dying but not quite dead. Jongup gets up and Daehyun realizes that it was him. Jongup shoots Daehyun, and it turns out Jongup had a bulletproof vest all along which is how he's alive. It cuts to a scene of them playing poker, where Jongup wins a round, implying that greed is the root of evil.


There's a lot of ways to interpret this mv. The most obvious bit is that the 6 members are looking for signs of their love. Whether its 6 different manifestations of the same person or 6 individual stories is up to interpretation, but to me I think its 6 different manifestations. With that perspective, it seems like Himchan is the last stage. He finds the memories and after the reel is over, he points a gun at the mirror. In the mirror he's reflecting, showing himself pointing a gun at his head, and he shoots. Whether he's killing his past or himself is also up to interpretation, but I think he's killing his past self, not his present.

All these mv tell stories and are quite longer than the song itself, so they take instrumentals and parts of other songs and mix them in to lengthen it. They're all pretty elaborate and riveting. I'll post some non bap non story ones later when I think of some.
Ayy I knew you'd bring some BAP in here, I love their cinematic style storytelling lmao.
Tbh One Shot is kinda cheesy af but that's why I enjoy it. On the other hand, Angel is just :maheart:

Speaking of stories, T-ara did some epic MVs back in the day. Especially this:



It's a post apocalyptic world, governments have fallen, and it's gangs fighting for dominance. Rumors begin to swirl about a young girl with mysterious abilities, played by Dani, who's protected by her sword wielding, motorcycle riding badass unnie Hyomin. However, evil post apocalyptic queen Jiyeon and her murdering gang find them, have an epic fight where Hyomin is cut down and left for dead. Jiyeon kidnaps Dani and hooks her up to a machine. Meanwhile Hyomin is rescued by a mysterious man and lies in a coma for six years, before waking up and deciding to get revenge.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Ayy I knew you'd bring some BAP in here, I love their cinematic style storytelling lmao.
Tbh One Shot is kinda cheesy af but that's why I enjoy it. On the other hand, Angel is just :maheart:

Speaking of stories, T-ara did some epic MVs back in the day. Especially this:



It's a post apocalyptic world, governments have fallen, and it's gangs fighting for dominance. Rumors begin to swirl about a young girl with mysterious abilities, played by Dani, who's protected by her sword wielding, motorcycle riding badass unnie Hyomin. However, evil post apocalyptic queen Jiyeon and her murdering gang find them, have an epic fight where Hyomin is cut down and left for dead. Jiyeon kidnaps Dani and hooks her up to a machine. Meanwhile Hyomin is rescued by a mysterious man and lies in a coma for six years, before waking up and deciding to get revenge.
That MV is iconic :sj_weary:

And heres for some more concepts
Cant forget the literal concept kings Vixx
We've got Hades


We have vampires on the moon


We have Voodoo Dolls


We've got perfume the story of a murderer


Oh and we have 1NB with literally the goriest mv ive ever seen
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
That MV is iconic :sj_weary:

And heres for some more concepts
Cant forget the literal concept kings Vixx
We've got Hades


We have vampires on the moon


We have Voodoo Dolls


We've got perfume the story of a murderer


Oh and we have 1NB with literally the goriest mv ive ever seen
Oo I've seen the Vixx ones ofc but that 1NB one has me intrigued :susPepe:

Gore you say :sj_weary:


No mention of detectives/sleuths Shinee solving a case with the help of ghost Jessica? :haylul:



I'd like to know which detective has ever dressed up like Taemin tho :wimwim:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Oo I've seen the Vixx ones ofc but that 1NB one has me intrigued :susPepe:

Gore you say :sj_weary:


No mention of detectives/sleuths Shinee solving a case with the help of ghost Jessica? :haylul:



I'd like to know which detective has ever dressed up like Taemin tho :wimwim:
I take no responsibility if you get traumatized :wimwim:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I take no responsibility if you get traumatized :wimwim:
Oh wtf :lisalaugh::jisoosmh:
I was ready for the gore you know, kept thinking oh he cheated on the women, so they just gonna kill him for revenge. But then sudden cannibalism wtf :lisalaugh:
Why was his "wife/gf" crying when watching him make out with the other woman then lol.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Oh wtf :lisalaugh::jisoosmh:
I was ready for the gore you know, kept thinking oh he cheated on the women, so they just gonna kill him for revenge. But then sudden cannibalism wtf :lisalaugh:
Why was his "wife/gf" crying when watching him make out with the other woman then lol.
Told you it was wild
And I think they used the other woman as a trap sort of, so maybe she wasnt sure until then, idk
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Told you it was wild
And I think they used the other woman as a trap sort of, so maybe she wasnt sure until then, idk
Yeah I didn't expect it would get THAT graphic towards the end lmao but I like it :haylul:
Were the cannibals members of the group? I couldn't tell :wimwim: Maybe they were just actresses lol.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,389
Reactions Received
151,401
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I didn't expect it would get THAT graphic towards the end lmao but I like it :haylul:
Were the cannibals members of the group? I couldn't tell :wimwim: Maybe they were just actresses lol.
You're asking the person that cant tell people apart? :wimwim:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread