COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

what do you think of the 2020 kpop debuts (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
so several groups have debuted this year, what do y'all think of these debuts?

personally, most of the girl groups that debuted this year are frigging awesome (ie STAYC, Weeekly, etc)

discuss <3

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I think the girls got the new guys beat if you ask me. STAYC isn't bad but not my cup of tea right now but I think WEEEKLY did great and I like Secret Number too as well as aespa.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Many good rookies debuted this year and I love Weeekly and StayC but in terms of impact the 2019 rookies esp Itzy and TXT are still unbeaten imo.

Treasure and Aespa were the most hyped rookies this year and while they did great in some metrics they haven’t become the sensations we thought they would right from debut. But they’ll get there. Itzy and TXT were immediate successes, so that’s the kind of contrast you can see between the two years.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I like MCND, P1Harmony and E´Last.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
p1harmony mcnd aespa and treasure i'm watching for the future!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Weeekly for sure got me interested.

Aespa i like if i am still not sure about the ai deal . Also it was a 'soft' sm girls debut. They seem to have kinda done this since fx.
first a digital single which does so so. then a solid well received album a few months later.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
Treasure and Aespa were the most hyped rookies this year and while they did great in some metrics they haven’t become the sensations we thought they would right from debut. But they’ll get there. Itzy and TXT were immediate successes, so that’s the kind of contrast you can see between the two years.
I think it also has a lot to do with the new charting on melon: it's significantly harder to chart, but once you start charting, a lot of non-fans start checking it out

secret number adding dita was probably one of the smartest decisions made: sea fans' votes are insane

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I think it also has a lot to do with the new charting on melon: it's significantly harder to chart, but once you start charting, a lot of non-fans start checking it out

secret number adding dita was probably one of the smartest decisions made: sea fans' votes are insane
Yeah the Melon chart reform had to do with it as well otherwise I'm sure both Treasure and Aespa would've charted on real time.

Aespa had it both ways imo- obviously they had the most predebut hype and that translated to their international stats- Spotify, Youtube and SNS being great but also a lot of antis which saw them get just 1.7 stars on Melon out of 5.

But from the Korean reactions I'm seeing, a lot of this negative opinion has already started swinging around so as long as they get a solid comeback and mini album, I think they'll have made up a lot of ground.

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
Yeah the Melon chart reform had to do with it as well otherwise I'm sure both Treasure and Aespa would've charted on real time.

Aespa had it both ways imo- obviously they had the most predebut hype and that translated to their international stats- Spotify, Youtube and SNS being great but also a lot of antis which saw them get just 1.7 stars on Melon out of 5.

But from the Korean reactions I'm seeing, a lot of this negative opinion has already started swinging around so as long as they get a solid comeback and mini album, I think they'll have made up a lot of ground.
teaser season was hell literally all the weibo comments on any aespa content was filled with hate but everyone just had amnesia over that period lmao
saw someone tweet that YooJimin_Out hashtag with other hate only to later bias karina lmao

enhypen did ok as well I think, but also got screwed over royally by charting reforms

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
teaser season was hell literally all the weibo comments on any aespa content was filled with hate but everyone just had amnesia over that period lmao
saw someone tweet that YooJimin_Out hashtag with other hate only to later bias karina lmao

enhypen did ok as well I think, but also got screwed over royally by charting reforms
Yes I keep forgetting about Enhypen though they sold the most lmao, Idk why, feels like they have a dedicated fanbase but not much noise outside of it :wimwim:

I have no worries about Aespa after seeing how RV and NCT both had slow starts lol, SM will keep investing until they are a success and usually they find good producers and end up with great discographies anyway so it's just a matter of time :sanapray:

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
Yes I keep forgetting about Enhypen though they sold the most lmao, Idk why, feels like they have a dedicated fanbase but not much noise outside of it :wimwim:
their first day sales were really solid but died down after that
apart from a few loud armys token stanning them, I haven't really seen any engenes out tbh
weird

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
their first day sales were really solid but died down after that
apart from a few loud armys token stanning them, I haven't really seen any engenes out tbh
weird
Yeah they had almost TXT level sales right at debut I was kinda surprised, Idk how they'll fare in the long run tho :wimwim:
Are they a permanent group or temporary like a Produce group?

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
Yeah they had almost TXT level sales right at debut I was kinda surprised, Idk how they'll fare in the long run tho :wimwim:
Are they a permanent group or temporary like a Produce group?
no clue tbh
I only knew about their sales since MYs and engenes were beefing, and I vaguely keep up with bh news because I'm interested in min heejin and her upcoming gg
:wimwim:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
no clue tbh
I only knew about their sales since MYs and engenes were beefing, and I vaguely keep up with bh news because I'm interested in min heejin and her upcoming gg
:wimwim:
I have no idea who either of those are but I know some Armys thought Nana was a BigHit trainee after the Dynamite singalong video and that was hilarious :wimwim:

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
I have no idea who either of those are but I know some Armys thought Nana was a BigHit trainee after the Dynamite singalong video and that was hilarious :wimwim:
yeah I remember when nana was trending because no one knew who she was... same thing happened with sooyoung at mama (I think)
:yolk:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
yeah I remember when nana was trending because no one knew who she was... same thing happened with sooyoung at mama (I think)
:yolk:
I can understand After School but people didn't know Sooyoung? :jisoosmh::yolk:

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
I can understand After School but people didn't know Sooyoung? :jisoosmh::yolk:
lady in the red dress was trending and I was so sad to see who it was :yolk:
though to be fair, some are still of the opinion that boa and snsd did nothing to promote kpop internationally when japan is like.. right there lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread