What does it take for you to stan a group (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I personally don't stan easily.

For me to stan a group, the music is the most importnant. If I don't love most of their music, I am not stanning. Simple as that.
Then in some cases I don't stan even if I like the music... For example Infinite and B.A.P! Those are usually old(er) groups and there is too much to catch up that I just go: I am just like I don't have the time and I don't want the heartbreak when they disband!

With a lot of the groups with who I don't stan because their music isn't really for me, I keep an eye on them. I keep an eye on the groups who I see as really talented and who could be what I want. Those groups are for example like Stray Kids and Monsta X at the moment. I like their personalities, I think they are REALLY talented, but their music is just missing that ooomph for me. If they ever do find that oooomph I will most likely stan!
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I don't stan easily either, but for me the two main things are music and just general vibe I guess?
A group can have good music that I really like and be really fun to watch, but if something feels off, I won't stan.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It really just depends, I guess. For my top 5 groups, it was:

-For SNSD, it just came naturally because they were my first ever kpop group and I was just really interested in them and their music.
-For CLC, my other bias group, it was because I watched one of the member's videos and became really interested in them.
-For Twice it took me a long time since I didn't really care for their music but when I finally found a song I liked and watched the members it just became natural to stan.
-For BTS, it was because of the fandom. There was so much content that I eventually decided to watch their videos and I really liked their personalities.
-For Red Velvet it was because of the music. I was really trying to get into other kpop groups after SNSD and they were the first who had music I really liked and were what lead me to discovering other kpop groups.

So I think for most of the groups I stan, it's all just been because of very spontaneous moments where they caught my attention, either because of their personalities or music, which got me hooked on them and eventually got me into them. I don't normally think "ok so now I'm gonna stan this group" it's more like... there are groups I keep my eye on and want to stan for various reasons, and when that moment comes when they click with me, that's when I stan them.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
They gotta have great faces!!!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I have no idea anymore.
Sometimes it takes me a year(s) to get into a group even though I like them (seventeen)
Other times I just see a member and fall in love and then proceed to stan (EXO)
Some I built love over a show (Twice)
And now I think I might start stanning ONF because I got addicted to one song which led me to listening to all their songs ans now they are like my most listened to lmao
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
  • music, I have to like/love 90% of discography.
  • one or more skills I can be interested in, like vocal, rap, dance, performance, songwriting, etc.
    • I don't care if I'm just a casual listener, but I need to be somewhat hyped about the talents of the groups I stan.
    • Btw, I don't think songwriting is a necessity, just cool to have and appreciate.
  • members with decent character (i.e., not Seungri and JJY).
That's about it. Varieties are a bonus but I don't care if they aren't the funniest people in the world, as long as I'm happy watching their shows. (Good thing BTOB, Monsta X, iKON, and Mamamoo are entertaining though!)
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
honestly, I could care less about visuals, music, heck, maybe even talent.
if they have wonderful personalities and shine in their special ways, I'm in love <3

rare groups with all the above are BTS, Twice, and Mamamoo
:oof_tea:
 

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
honestly, I could care less about visuals, music, heck, maybe even talent.
if they have wonderful personalities and shine in their special ways, I'm in love <3

rare groups with all the above are BTS, Twice, and Mamamoo
:oof_tea:
Mamamoo are true queens. I'd stan them even if they were boys
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Darkyoda47 and kuro
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkyoda47 and kuro
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkyoda47 and kuro

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
for the most part, cute visuals and good/catchy music. i don't really care much for variety because i never get around to watch most variety shows hehe
lol, I don't watch either
and welcome to KPS! <3
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread