what does stanning a group mean to you? (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
yes but do you like the member's faces, thats the important part
I mean Jennie and Rose are, obviously, gorgeous. Lisa is alright... Who is the other one, I don't remember her name.
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
i'm so sorry for your loss
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Basically:

- I ❤ them. Duh. I can't stan group if I don't like the members.
- I like their songs. It doesn't have to be an incredible discography per se but if I overall like their music, then its fine. But if a group has shit music, even if they have amazing personalities then I probably won't stan them. (sorry nctzens but this is why I won't stan. Dream is not half bad though, Chewing Gum is good)
- I follow them. Like, I know when they have a comeback, what shows they appear on, etc.
- They click with me. This is kinda just personal but there are some groups with great personalities and music I like which I don't stan because they just don't have that "it" for me. It's hard to explain.
 
Last edited:
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,612
Reactions Received
93,427
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,194
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
There are rules.... I am a structured and orderly kind of guy.
most of these have developed over time. Ie i did not rush out and buy all of snsd's music when i first got into kpop i started with one album as i realized it was worth the 30.00 or so.

Must physically own the music if possible ( ie there is physical music to be had.) I do not stan everyone who's albums i own
Must spend an unreasonable amount of time on them, and care enough to go backwards if i find them late.(ie it took almost 2 years to catch up on snsd after finding them in 2010.)
Must like all the members. (if i only like a few members i do not stan by definition)
Must like the music. Deal breaker. ofc. Now i am brutal, canceling groups from debut rather than spending any time if the music fails.


for the rest covered in my intro post

Intro - Good Morning!!!! warning warning warning long post :)
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
For me I need to like most of the groups discography. I also need to like their personalities. If they have unlikeable personalities then I don't think I can fully stan them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread