When did you start listening to kpop? (1 Viewer)

Joined
8 November 2019
Messages
57
Reactions Received
231
Location
Gravity❄️
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
My first time listening to kpop was back in 2012 and i remember a classmate telling me about it and how i should listen to it, the first group i listen was Shinee and i just fell in love with kpop even though it has change a lot.

So when was your first time listening to kpop?:pepelook:
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
October 2015, Big Bang was soon to be having concerts in my area and my co-worker was a PT DJ as well and he got free tickets to the Los Angeles concert. He wouldn't STFU about Big bang especially about Fantastic Baby. I mean I knew of Korean music because I was into dramas, hello Hong ki, but I wasn't tipped INTO kpop yet. I liked big bang songs, re looked up Hong Ki really got into Ft Islands LATER stuff and there Japanese releases, and then in November got to see BB in Anaheim.

Rest is history.

And really I got to see the worst/best of kpop fans straight off the bat. And for the worst I blame Anaheim Honda center for serving alcohol.

PS: remember Daesung's accident with the motorcyclist? Yeah well I was riding a scooter to the concert and some dumb sheet in a red Kia blaring bang bang bang nearly plastered me making an illegal left and caused a back up as I righted the scooter I tipped avoiding the MF. People are still hard on Daesung when there are plenty of people who have no excuses
 
Joined
8 November 2019
Messages
57
Reactions Received
231
Location
Gravity❄️
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
October 2015, Big Bang was soon to be having concerts in my area and my co-worker was a PT DJ as well and he got free tickets to the Los Angeles concert. He wouldn't STFU about Big bang especially about Fantastic Baby. I mean I knew of Korean music because I was into dramas, hello Hong ki, but I wasn't tipped INTO kpop yet. I liked big bang songs, re looked up Hong Ki really got into Ft Islands LATER stuff and there Japanese releases, and then in November got to see BB in Anaheim.

Rest is history.

And really I got to see the worst/best of kpop fans straight off the bat. And for the worst I blame Anaheim Honda center for serving alcohol.

PS: remember Daesung's accident with the motorcyclist? Yeah well I was riding a scooter to the concert and some dumb sheet in a red Kia blaring bang bang bang nearly plastered me making an illegal left and caused a back up as I righted the scooter I tipped avoiding the MF. People are still hard on Daesung when there are plenty of people who have no excuses
Sounds like an amazing story!:maheart:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Around 2010, my friend sent me some songs and i got hooked. I listened multiple groups, but at first it was probably SNSD, BEG, GDTOP and SHINee, mostly couple hit songs. Big Bang was first group i got into.
 
Joined
30 May 2019
Messages
72
Reactions Received
214
Location
Tangina Land
Website
www.youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Around 2011.
I was sick one day and had the TV on MTV. The segment for kpop came and 2NE1's I Am the Best played. A part of that song became stuck in my head the next few days and I was like "what song is this sound from" and from there I knew I had to look not just for what song it was (that being I Am the Best), but I also bothered looking up even more kpop songs just because.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,433
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
short version

2009 -10 first exposure was the death of bb and 21 for me, lollipop they never recovered from me seeing that video clip.
then SJ Sorry Sorry. it was fine but if i wanted to watch bg i would watch ones i could under stand :) BTM,BSB,NSync ect.
a month later i saw RDR>OH>Gee i was hooked..

long version

 
Joined
8 November 2019
Messages
57
Reactions Received
231
Location
Gravity❄️
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
short version

2009 -10 first exposure was the death of bb and 21 for me, lollipop they never recovered from me seeing that video clip.
then SJ Sorry Sorry. it was fine but if i wanted to watch bg i would watch ones i could under stand :) BTM,BSB,NSync ect.
a month later i saw RDR>OH>Gee i was hooked..

long version

The nostalgia...best kpop era in my opinion:bigcatlove:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,433
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
The nostalgia...best kpop era in my opinion:bigcatlove:
times were so different i totally had no clue the Hoot comeback happened until after it happened and Tiffany even got hurt and was out a month.
It was just so much harder to get info.
The boys was my first clued in CB.
 
Joined
8 November 2019
Messages
57
Reactions Received
231
Location
Gravity❄️
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
times were so different i totally had no clue the Hoot comeback happened until after it happened and Tiffany even got hurt and was out a month.
It was just so much harder to get info.
The boys was my first clued in CB.
Yes! Very different, also, varity shows invited both boygroups and girlgroups and there was no problem with shipping, there were many singing and dancing shows and idols were invited and it was so much fun!^^
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread