who have you lost touch with? (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
For me, it's most people I've met in my life... all my school colleagues and former "friends", and even my brother (I find that one really sad). I thought of this because my friend was like "wait you have a brother?!" the other day lol... It's also a bit annoying when I go back to my country and my parents' house and there's nobody to hang out with, but I made that choice for a reason, I know that I pretty much had to for my own sake. So how about you guys? and are you okay with how things are or do you wish it would have turned out differently..?

 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I've lost touch with so many people I can no longer count how many people it has been. :( I travelled around a lot due to my dad's work and I always ended up making the mistake of growing close to people. I was too young to keep in touch via phones or have an e-mail. I sent letters a few times to a friend but I moved away again and lost contact with her as well.

It feels strange. I was probably just a passing friend that they knew for a year or two who had to move away. But to me, they're special people who shaped my childhood. I still think about them sometimes and how they're doing now. If the girl with the strawberry blonde hair is even prettier now that she's older. Or if the girl who joined the school on the same day as me and everyone thought we were twins is still as short as ever. Or the boy was one of my closest friends still lives on the same street where we used to play so often.

The saddest part if anything happens to them, I'll never know. I get so worried. Hopefully, they're all living wonderful lives.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,623
Reactions Received
93,446
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Everyone from high school or college.
Now some of my sister's friends i am still in the loop on (fb that kind of stuff.)
But i have had best friends for years now and fb does allow me to keep up with some of the folks i met after univ.
as a guy once your friends get married until u too do it your out of the loop. in my entire life i have had 3 friendships that survived marriage.
(ok that is overly dramatic. things just change they no longer have the time.)
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
I've kept in touch with everyone I consider a close friend even though we don't see each other much has we all have individual lives and families were 28+ year old adults so it not like we can hang out after college and stuff like that. Funnily enough my friend sent me a text last week saying happy 14 year friend anniversary lol he will buy me dinner when when he comes back to london apparently xD
The Only people I've lost touch with are not because we faded apart more so because they died.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Everyone I've gotten close to.
Reading this again, it seems a lot darker than I intended it to come off as. I'm just not good at keeping people around me, but it oddly doesn't make me sad. I have one person in my life that I'm currently friends with, and I don't really feel the need to have close friends at this moment in life. If they come around though, I'm 100% willing to keep them close.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
My neices, due to family -issues- to put it lightly I moved out of state and they both were way to young to understand wy aunty left.

Other then that the only other person I loose touch with fate, if you believe in it, always ends up putting us back with each other again. Granted we only see each other physically once every turn of a century. Could see him on monday if I could get over my fear of highway driving since he's in vacationing in San Diego. ::sigh::
 
Joined
30 May 2019
Messages
72
Reactions Received
214
Location
Tangina Land
Website
www.youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
This one internet friend that I have. We used to talk regularly but now we've only been able to talk from time to time and I find it awkward to try to talk to them again because we had like 1 year of not talking and since I don't really know them on a personal level, I find it even more awkward to like greet them and ask about their life.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I think its normal to lose touch after High School. I didn't really go to HS so I wouldn't know... I had some friends in college who I don't talk to anymore, but thats more about the fact that those relationships were superficial at best, but then again college is a superficial time.

There's a couple of close friends I had in college, but I didn't have dinner with them or braid their hair... I consider them friends as I spent an average of 12+ hours speaking with them over the course of 4 years.. But when I started grad school I lost touch and it didn't really impact me that much. I'm sure Ryan is teaching at some Comm College. Josie is in Georgetown... Technically at an online program that Georgetown offers, but it still counts... Tyler is... fuck I don't know where Tyler is... and Laura is in Law School at U of M ...
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and kodoku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
my parents
That's either funny or sad.... Your post was sort of ambiguous. Some parents are premo embarrassment...
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
That's either funny or sad.... Your post was sort of ambiguous. Some parents are premo embarrassment...
my mom is abusive so I didn't mean it funnily
but I can see how someone can take it that way lol
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
my mom is abusive so I didn't mean it funnily
but I can see how someone can take it that way lol
Yeah... I'm going to have to change the like I gave to a general like... or I'll seem like a bully. lol.. But I have family members who majored in physical and emotional abuse, so I get it... Sometimes the best option is to leave. Family is nice, but when they are abusive drunks... its best to go find your own family...
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah... I'm going to have to change the like I gave to a general like... or I'll seem like a bully. lol.. But I have family members who majored in physical and emotional abuse, so I get it... Sometimes the best option is to leave. Family is nice, but when they are abusive drunks... its best to go find your own family...
lol no problem
and I totally get it, usually the best thing is distance
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread