Who Will Be The Queens Of The 4th Generation? (1 Viewer)

Who Will Reign Supreme???

  • (G)I-DLE

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • ITZY

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • aespa

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • YGNGG

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BHNGG

    Votes: 2 14.3%

  • Total voters
    14
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I bet on Aespa and then BHNGG.

The hype for Aespa is really right now right now and if the weird AI concept flop, SM will probably give up on this idea anyways.

BHNGG is going to receive a lot of hype and attention too. I think that they could hit very big especially if BH allow them to participate in writing theirs songs like for theirs BGs. I don’t think that BH would be dumb to the point of not investigating about theirs own trainees past.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
BHGG risks accidentally getting BTS sasaengs into the group and causing issues... And thus a possible scandal lol

...again.

Did we all forget about Glam? (Not that they harassed bts but they did something similar regardless) :wimwim:

:jisoosmh:
I don't think BigHit is that stupid. They won't make the same mistake twice plus there is a big difference between just being a regular Army and being a full on saesang and wouldn't BTS recognise most of their saesangs since they follow them around all the time???
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I bet on Aespa and then BHNGG.

The hype for Aespa is really right now right now and if the weird AI concept flop, SM will probably give up on this idea anyways.

BHNGG is going to receive a lot of hype and attention too. I think that they could hit very big especially if BH allow them to participate in writing theirs songs like for theirs BGs. I don’t think that BH would be dumb to the point of not investigating about theirs own trainees past.
As long as BHNGG has public friendly songs then they're gonna be a hit!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don't think BigHit is that stupid. They won't make the same mistake twice plus there is a big difference between just being a regular Army and being a full on saesang and wouldn't BTS recognise most of their saesangs since they follow them around all the time???
I mean, true! But perhaps I'm more talking about the hidden ones that haven't really shown face yet. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but the possibility always lurks around every corner tbh. You never know what slips through, people are crazy lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
No, I don't. Did they debut before September '17?
GLAM debuted in 2012 and were active until 2015. Some of the members had a scandal where they were blackmailing another celebrity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
263
Reactions Received
423
Location
foggy atmosphere~
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
ITZY (for now) since only 2 out of the groups listed have actually debuted + established themselves already. Although, in the near future it could definitely be between aespa & BHNGG. Both are highly anticipated.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I bet on Loona tbh. They are just the absolute best
 
  • Love
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
No, I don't. Did they debut before September '17?
GLAM were BigHit's first idol group, they were a five member girl group and were all super talented but unfortunately one of the members got exposed for being a Leeteuk saesang and got kicked out of the group. They tried to carry on as a 4 piece but they never got popular and then one of the members and a friend tried to blackmail a super famous actor and ended up going to jail for a short time, I believe.

After this BigHit disbanded the group and stopped taking female trainees altogether, they sent some of their then trainees to Source Music and I believe a couple of them ended up debuting in GFriend but basically, GLAM is the whole reason why BH has never given BTS a sister group because they don't want their past controversies coming to light again...
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I stan them too but I just don't see them breaking through into the mainstream right now when they're only having one comeback a year...
I think that the way they comeback now is more so due to Haseul being in Hiatus.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think that the way they comeback now is more so due to Haseul being in Hiatus.
I know this sounds harsh but I really don't know whether BBC cares that much, it's not like she's one of the members that they feature a lot.
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
1) (G)-IDLE:
I love these ladies so much! I've been a fan of them immediately since their debut era but honestly didn't expect them to be this successful ngl lol. Talking about 2NE1, I think they show Korea and Asia can embrace weird and strong concepts, but your right they are usually 2nd place as we've seen twice now. For me my biggest problem I see is that they lack consistent ear-worm titles tracks. This may be heresy but tbh Soyeon is still a inexperience producer who struggles to produce songs that are repeat worthy consistently. The title songs from 2019 and omg were just...not exciting, good but not great n catchy. This makes them lack a era, where everything, charting, physicals, and digitals line up. (G)-IDLE hasn't left the the top 10 of idol ranking since last year, so the issue is not popularity but imo song choices. But hey being 2NE1 would be great! I actually think Soyeon, Yuqi, Soojin, and Miyeon have great personas that would attract the public or a certain segment, Cube just needs to give them more solo endeavors on the side. Soyeon= the rapper, producer, feature artist. Yuqi= the variety show it girl and China activities. Soojin= a it girl, could enter many fields. Miyeon= vocalist and actress.

2) ITZY:
ITZY hasn't fallen off but unlike lets say BP or TWICE they haven't gone from one major era to the next. Their debut is still I think their best performing song in SK. I think JYP needs to do two things; revamp their song choices, especially add real vocalization to their songs, end the talk-singing. DEBUT in Japan. Seriously I think ppl are underestimating ITZY, their very popular in SK and in Japan are just waiting to be a hit.

3) Aespa:
Idk. They could be the next NCT, Red Velvet or TWICE.

4) YGNGG:
I really don't know. Fandom is the huge reason why TREASURE is successfully, I don't think the GP is really into them. GG typically can't gain success off of fandom alone because their fans are usually a lot less. BP found a way to gain a huge fandom by the girls-every-girl-wants-to-be and tapping into entrenched pop culture archtypes like the Mean Girl, It Girl, Influencer, Pop Diva, etc etc established by US pop culture. The issue is that YGNGG won't get that demographic who already stan BP for obvious reasons and honestly the rest of the Kpop fandom seems already set against them. Idk about this group.

5) BHNGG:
They are the group I'm most sure that will succeeded. Given everything you said, they are the only GG I can see topping TWICE and yes BP in the first few years. The timing, agency, year, are ALL lined up. Big Hit just needs to choose the right concept and the right girls.

*Cube, what happened to that Westward advancement? That US debut will really propel them.
 
  • Love
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
1) (G)-IDLE:
I love these ladies so much! I've been a fan of them immediately since their debut era but honestly didn't expect them to be this successful ngl lol. Talking about 2NE1, I think they show Korea and Asia can embrace weird and strong concepts, but your right they are usually 2nd place as we've seen twice now. For me my biggest problem I see is that they lack consistent ear-worm titles tracks. This may be heresy but tbh Soyeon is still a inexperience producer who struggles to produce songs that are repeat worthy consistently. The title songs from 2019 and omg were just...not exciting, good but not great n catchy. This makes them lack a era, where everything, charting, physicals, and digitals line up. (G)-IDLE hasn't left the the top 10 of idol ranking since last year, so the issue is not popularity but imo song choices. But hey being 2NE1 would be great! I actually think Soyeon, Yuqi, Soojin, and Miyeon have great personas that would attract the public or a certain segment, Cube just needs to give them more solo endeavors on the side. Soyeon= the rapper, producer, feature artist. Yuqi= the variety show it girl and China activities. Soojin= a it girl, could enter many fields. Miyeon= vocalist and actress.

2) ITZY:
ITZY hasn't fallen off but unlike lets say BP or TWICE they haven't gone from one major era to the next. Their debut is still I think their best performing song in SK. I think JYP needs to do two things; revamp their song choices, especially add real vocalization to their songs, end the talk-singing. DEBUT in Japan. Seriously I think ppl are underestimating ITZY, their very popular in SK and in Japan are just waiting to be a hit.

3) Aespa:
Idk. They could be the next NCT, Red Velvet or TWICE.

4) YGNGG:
I really don't know. Fandom is the huge reason why TREASURE is successfully, I don't think the GP is really into them. GG typically can't gain success off of fandom alone because their fans are usually a lot less. BP found a way to gain a huge fandom by the girls-every-girl-wants-to-be and tapping into entrenched pop culture archtypes like the Mean Girl, It Girl, Influencer, Pop Diva, etc etc established by US pop culture. The issue is that YGNGG won't get that demographic who already stan BP for obvious reasons and honestly the rest of the Kpop fandom seems already set against them. Idk about this group.

5) BHNGG:
They are the group I'm most sure that will succeeded. Given everything you said, they are the only GG I can see topping TWICE and yes BP in the first few years. The timing, agency, year, are ALL lined up. Big Hit just needs to choose the right concept and the right girls.

*Cube, what happened to that Westward advancement? That US debut will really propel them.
Honestly, I feel like (G)I-DLE could do better than BP in the US... I just have this feeling...
 
  • Wow
Reactions: QueenGirlCrush
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
BHGG risks accidentally getting BTS sasaengs into the group and causing issues... And thus a possible scandal lol

...again.

Did we all forget about Glam? (Not that they harassed bts but they did something similar regardless) :wimwim:

:jisoosmh:
BH's bad luck with women lol. Hopefully they got the sasaeng out and keep them out of the group. I heard they had done extensive background checks on the potential members so I guess the sasaeng thing is why.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't think BigHit is that stupid. They won't make the same mistake twice plus there is a big difference between just being a regular Army and being a full on saesang and wouldn't BTS recognise most of their saesangs since they follow them around all the time???
Oh shit, imagine being able to recognize your stalkers....
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
BH's bad luck with women lol. Hopefully they got the sasaeng out and keep them out of the group. I heard they had done extensive background checks on the potential members so I guess the sasaeng thing is why.
You'd hope they wouldn't make the same mistakes twice but I have to admit that the fact they are debuting three or four girl groups next year does make me worry...
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Oh shit, imagine being able to recognize your stalkers....
Well if they are constantly following you around and harassing you all of the time, I feel like you'd remember at least the most prolific ones.
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenGirlCrush

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
itzy has a stable fanbase rn but i feel that either sm or yg's ngg will make it to the top instead of them :pepesmug:
IDK... I kinda feel like it's gonna take a while for YG to produce a idol group that will garner public support again.
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Honestly, I feel like (G)I-DLE could do better than BP in the US... I just have this feeling...
Don't bring the great Blink army to my girls! lol :nekosweat:

I don't care if they could be bigger or not , I just want CUBE and their American company to get off their "here's the English version like its 2013", and get on with the real promotion:pepeheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread