Why don't a lot of ARMYs accept multis? (1 Viewer)

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Yes but then again.
Are those screenshots representative?
10 ss may look like everyone is against them but in reality, it could be only those 10
After all, not everyone from a fandom is on social media or on forums. Maybe only 10% of Exo-Ls are on social media and Twitter. From that 10%, 3% may hate on BTS. It seems like a lot of that 3% is something like 300 people, but there are 1000s of Exo-Ls who don't take a part in that.

See what I mean? In the end, "many" is still not representative unless we count every person in the fandom, even those outside of social media. Then you can see the ratio of haters vs. non-haters
I'm as multi-fandom as you can get and I love many groups; some of whom actively bicker with each other here and there quite often.

And to be fair, it wasn't just a small amount doing it and it was very repetitive over the years. It goes much deeper than those 10 screenshots.

On the ARMY side of my fandom doings (for 3-4 years now) I've ran into many, many comments/opinions from say... exo-l against BTS and ARMY out in the wild that didn't just pertain to twitter. I'd just be minding my own business on AIM (now defunct RIP, but one of the last places I'd have expected to see it) and suddenly I'd see an exo-l dragging the shit out of bts and how they didn't deserve that very first daesang they won vs. exo at the time. And suddenly a ton of other exo-ls were joining in that I was seeing in real time, and not as just screenshots. While I was seeing that in my small corner of the internet... it was also happening on youtube, on twitter, on tumblr, etc. Everywhere. Like a bomb of anger just dropped and imploded on every platform suddenly from all fandoms. I wasn't actively searching for it and I wanted to avoid it but it felt like it was almost impossible to not see it if you were going to browse places that were public.

And then something else happened that was positive for BTS and there was even more negativity everywhere I looked. It was like a repetitive broken record of "so and so doesn't deserve this" and "so and so has less talent", etc. After years of actually watching this shit, I can see why a lot of army behave the way they do (however, it doesn't make it excusable and they need to move on and stop dwelling/fighting a battle they'll never win on a silly as fuck social media platform). Alienating oneself from "the rest" can definitely be a byproduct of constant negativity and slander lol, even if it's just that LOUD 3% that they keep seeing.

I don't agree with it and I don't participate in it as I know there are so many amazing people and fans in so many different fandoms to get to know, and that the "3%" who are being shitty don't represent everyone as a whole.

I also hate that I used exo-l vs army as an example but I felt like it was the easiest one to point out, I guess.
I love all of you nice, friendly, sane exo-l. I promise.


HOWEVER ALL THAT BEING SAID,


I don't think that's the only reason why there are "solo bts fans". Rather, it's probably just a combination of a whole bunch of other different factors. For example, like others have already said here: lots of these fans aren't "kpop fans". They don't care about kpop. They don't understand kpop. BTS is all they know and will bother with; and many of them are extremely young. The lure of a special "clique" can be very powerful.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yes but then again.
Are those screenshots representative?
10 ss may look like everyone is against them but in reality, it could be only those 10
After all, not everyone from a fandom is on social media or on forums. Maybe only 10% of Exo-Ls are on social media and Twitter. From that 10%, 3% may hate on BTS. It seems like a lot of that 3% is something like 300 people, but there are 1000s of Exo-Ls who don't take a part in that.

See what I mean? In the end, "many" is still not representative unless we count every person in the fandom, even those outside of social media. Then you can see the ratio of haters vs. non-haters
there were a lot of exols who participated in this project, it literally trended on twitter and the boys themselves saw it. i get that not everyone took part in it, but it wasnt just a small minority of fans, it was enough fans to make it trend on twitter. im not trying to say "All exols are bad and all exols hate on bts constantly!". Im just explaining why I think armys tried to separate themselves from kpop.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Probably newer fans like others have said, a lot of Armies who became Armies around their debut (myself included) were multifandom themselves. Honestly as somebody who is no longer in the fandom, newer Armies aren’t helping themselves in this. I haven’t listened to Persona, but even if I did and loved it, I wouldn’t go back to being an Army purely because of the newer Armies and how they feel so protective. It’s not worth the hassle.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread