Performance Why just why (rant thread, sorry) ? (1 Viewer)

Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
624
Reactions Received
851
Location
In La La Land
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161
Gender
Other
I'm going to be honest there. As a starlight (Vixx's fan for the noobs here :susPepe:), I know of course Jellyfish has made a new BG : Verivery. But I was not impressed by them. Nice of course,but forgettable. lol and I forget them for a little while.

Still. I was not a Starlight right away (I became one when Voodoo Doll was out). And I thought perhaps it would be the same with Verivery.

So I stumble upon their new comeback. "Lay back" is an alright song. I like it better than their previous release anyways. But still, "Photo" is so much greater. This is the song for them, clearly. It totally suits them ! THIS should have been their title song !

See for yourself !



So I'm mad.

That's it.

The subject of this pointless thread. Don't mind me.

Huh.

:queen::queen::queen::queen:
 
Last edited:

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
PHOTO outsold, but ig they chose Lay Back since it can appeal more to the GP than PHOTO, not that this stopped other groups from releasing non GP friendly songs. Overall PHOTO does sound more like an intro song for an album to me rather than a fitting title.
 
  • Like
Reactions: whatever and potato
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
624
Reactions Received
851
Location
In La La Land
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161
Gender
Other
PHOTO outsold, but ig they chose Lay Back since it can appeal more to the GP than PHOTO, not that this stopped other groups from releasing non GP friendly songs. Overall PHOTO does sound more like an intro song for an album to me rather than a fitting title.
No wonder
I generally prefer intro songs (I find them more interesting) and even some well-made b-sides to title songs.
GIVE ME MORE INTROS THEN !
:queen:
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
No wonder
I generally prefer intro songs (I find them more interesting) and even some well-made b-sides to title songs.
GIVE ME MORE INTROS THEN !
:queen:
honestly tho, even shorter intros for other albums are mostly the best songs on the albums for me as well
 
  • Like
Reactions: whatever and potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
:nakypog::nakypog:

I really like Lay Back but this is amazing! I thought VeriVery's past releases have been okay too apart from Lay Back, which I think is their best title track so far. I love the concept they've had from Tag Tag Tag though (really showed that VIXX are their sunbae group). I like this song even more though. I miss when smaller groups used to do experimental stuff for title tracks too :c

I should also mention that I have an unhealthy obsession with Kangmin :ilovebread:
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: whatever and Ahsoka
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I wanna rant something. I'm not in to choreography, yeah I said it, but I like what VIXX does because it seems to tell a story. Each song like a mini musical. VeriVery seems to teeter between VIXX style choreography and the default jam as many dance moves in as they can. I think what is a big draw to VIXX is the story like dance. You see them dancing and your memorized and you start listening.

The songs great, the choreography is -OH LOOK shiney object
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
624
Reactions Received
851
Location
In La La Land
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161
Gender
Other
I wanna rant something. I'm not in to choreography, yeah I said it, but I like what VIXX does because it seems to tell a story. Each song like a mini musical. VeriVery seems to teeter between VIXX style choreography and the default jam as many dance moves in as they can. I think what is a big draw to VIXX is the story like dance. You see them dancing and your memorized and you start listening.

The songs great, the choreography is -OH LOOK shiney object
:joysip:
The choreo is OK, I guess. It is not detrimental to the song but it is nothing special either (or magnetic like Vixx's choreo used to be) Still, their voices really suit those kind of song. I hope they'll do more these kinds of concepts in the future.
I will pay more attention to them now lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: DrowningFishy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread