News YG Entertainment's New CEO (1 Viewer)

Joined
25 April 2019
Messages
6,439
Reactions Received
3,087
Location
Temple of the Cult of Yoshinori
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,833
Umm who is it?
It's a woman and she's their former CFO. Am I allowed to link competing newsites? I haven't found anything on Naver, Osen, Korea Times, or Korean Herald.
 
Last edited:
Joined
25 April 2019
Messages
6,439
Reactions Received
3,087
Location
Temple of the Cult of Yoshinori
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,833
Umm who is it?
It's a woman and she's their former CFO. Am I allowed to link competing newsites? I haven't found Naver or Korean Herald article.

Edit: Sorry, right after I posted, something started acting up.
 
Last edited:

Tir

Crawled out of some hole
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,410
Reactions Received
31,087
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Ship
I was about to post it :yolk: It's a woman and unfortunately, it isn't Jisoo 🙁

Umm who it is?

Hwang Bo Kyung. She has been at YG since 2001 and is a former Executive Director and CFO. We'll see if there are any changes but I'll remain skeptical for now and hold judgement until actual change is made

That said, she's inherited quite a big mess so we'll see how it goes
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
I was about to post it :yolk: It's a woman and unfortunately, it isn't Jisoo 🙁




Hwang Bo Kyung. She has been at YG since 2001 and is a former Executive Director and CFO. We'll see if there are any changes but I'll remain skeptical for now and hold judgement until actual change is made

That said, she's inherited quite a big mess so we'll see how it goes
I don't trust anyone on their board to improve things after Minsuk winning a vote of confidence :nayeonisdone:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's a woman and she's their former CFO. Am I allowed to link competing newsites? I haven't found Naver or Korean Herald article.

Edit: Sorry, right after I posted, something started acting up.
Well i have done threads about Soompi's articles including links and nobody has said anything to me about it yet, so i guess we are allowed ^^

That's pretty interesting. It's probably good it's woman, not that woman's can't do awful stuff, but at least u wouldn't expect her to be as mixed up with prostitution stuff.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I was about to post it :yolk: It's a woman and unfortunately, it isn't Jisoo 🙁




Hwang Bo Kyung. She has been at YG since 2001 and is a former Executive Director and CFO. We'll see if there are any changes but I'll remain skeptical for now and hold judgement until actual change is made

That said, she's inherited quite a big mess so we'll see how it goes
I was personally rooting for Dara, she promotes YG artists better than YG ever did :sakUwu:

It's quite interesting, but i guess we have to just sit back and see. Hopefully there is big changes and they show them to public too like we are doing this to prevent drug use, we are doing this to investigate and prevent being tied to prostitution and pimping, we are doing this to stay transparent to public..
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship


Well, seems more like just handing over to a long term employee, plus a woman as part of a PR tactic to start cleaning up their image maybe.
We'll see if things actually change with their management.
 

Tir

Crawled out of some hole
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,410
Reactions Received
31,087
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Ship
I was personally rooting for Dara, she promotes YG artists better than YG ever did :sakUwu:

It's quite interesting, but i guess we have to just sit back and see. Hopefully there is big changes and they show them to public too like we are doing this to prevent drug use, we are doing this to investigate and prevent being tied to prostitution and pimping, we are doing this to stay transparent to public..
Dara :maheart::maheart::maheart::sakUwu::sakUwu::sakUwu:

Apart from the prostitution side of things, there's still the tax evasion stuff that YG Entertainment is currently still knee-deep in and she was the CFO. We'll see
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Dara :maheart::maheart::maheart::sakUwu::sakUwu::sakUwu:

Apart from the prostitution side of things, there's still the tax evasion stuff that YG Entertainment is currently still knee-deep in and she was the CFO. We'll see
Oh yeah.. if there was tax evasion happening she would be the one people would point fingers on right. So making her CEO could just worsen YG's image.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I was about to post it :yolk: It's a woman and unfortunately, it isn't Jisoo 🙁




Hwang Bo Kyung. She has been at YG since 2001 and is a former Executive Director and CFO. We'll see if there are any changes but I'll remain skeptical for now and hold judgement until actual change is made

That said, she's inherited quite a big mess so we'll see how it goes
I agree 100%. It will take more than being a woman to clean the mess on YGE. Let's hope for the best.
 
Joined
2 January 2019
Messages
1,295
Reactions Received
3,701
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Im not even trying to sound bitter but the biggest problem that has made YG hated by their own groups fandoms is management . She was the head of that department which means....IKON's Japanese exile is partly on her, BlackPink's yearly appearance is partly on her, and halting CL's whole career is partly on her. Not to mention in a company so corrupt you can't be CFO and not know or take part. Sorry but I'm not buying this.
 

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
.
Joined
14 November 2018
Messages
2,778
Reactions Received
11,243
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i hope we get more content, but quality stays same or even better.. YG was extremely picky, which had bad but more good sides

lets hope the best :pepesmug:
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread