COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Group ♕ BIGBANG ♕ [Official] artist thread ~ Still Alive ~ (2 Viewers)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Name Big Bang / BIGBANG / 빅뱅
Formed BIGBANG The Beginning / BIGBANG Documentary (2006)
Debut August 19, 2006 (at Olympic Gymnastic Area, YG Family 10th Anniversary Concert)
Status on hiatus April 2018 - November, 2019 (due to military services)

Fandom Name VIP
Official light stick "Bang Bong"

Achievements
Awards won: 137 nominated: 199
Tour attendance MADE tour (2015), highest-attended tour in history by a Korean act: 1.5 million
Sales Flower Road (March 13, 2018), shortest amount of time for Korean artist to reach over a million sales in China: 3 days and 14 hours

Legacy

Big Bang is often credited with:​

• First mainstream hip hop idols, making hip hop concepts popular in kpop​
  • Showed that idol boy groups can make public friendly songs​
  • G-Dragon inspired many future kpop artist to write their own songs​
  • "Bang Bong" which was created by G-Dragon was first group lightstick in kpop​

Members

G-Dragon
(= G=Ji, Dragon=yong)

Full name Kwon Ji-yong 권지용
Born August 18, 1988
Position Leader, rapper, vocalist, songwriter
Also Solo artist, songwriter, fashion designer

Before: GD started his career as child singer and dancer in group Little Roo'Ra at age 6. After disbandment of Little Roo'Ra he became SM trainee for couple years focusing on dance. He became interested of rapping and songwriting, and featured as korea's youngest rapper at the time on People Crew's album in 2001 when he was 13.

Joining Big Bang: GD got recommend to Yang Hyun-suk by Jinusean's Sean and entered in trainee contract. Originally he was supposed to debut with Taeyang as hip hop duo GDYB and while training they made several features as duo and even released singles. However YG ent ended up scrapping the duo in favor of making boy group BIGBANG, which at the time didn't make GD who didn't want to be in boy group happiest.

"What we should really fear is not failure, but the heart that is no longer brave enough to take risks and embrace challenges"

Taeyang / SOL
(= kor. Sun)

Full Name Dong Young-bae 동영배
Born 18 May 1988
Position Lead Vocalist
Also Solo artist

Joining Big Bang: Taeyang auditioned to appear on Jinusean's music video A-yo as six grader and passed. Due to opportunity he met Yang Hyun-suk and convinced him to led him audition as singer, which he also ended up passing and became trainee at YG. He met GD at company and was supposed to become hip hop duo with him until plan was scrapped in order to make Big Bang instead.

"Big Bang is who made me who i am today. With them I laught the most, and i feel I can achieve things."

T.O.P

Full name Choi Seung-hyun 최승현
Born November 4, 1987
Position Rapper, lyricist
Also Solo artist, actor, art enthuastic, furniture designer

Before: T.O.P was interested of hip hop since small child, and during middle school he used to meet and rap together with his neighbour friend Kwon Ji-yong (later on G-Dragon). As teenager he performed as undeground rapper with name Tempo.

Joining Big Bang: T.O.P was contacted his childhood friend G-Dragon about YG entertainment scouting for members for boy group and GD wanting T.O.P to audition. They recorded demos together that they sent to company and T.O.P also auditioned- only to be rejected for being too chubby and not fitting the image of idol. After succesful weight loss of 20kgs, T.O.P auditioned again and became trainee.

"To be in Big Bang.. I don't think being a Big Bang has a definition yet. It's something that's unfinished"

Daesung / D-Lite
(= kor. Success)

Full Name Kang Daesung 강대성
Born April 26, 1989
Position Lead Vocalist
Also Solo artist, variety star

Joining Big Bang: Despite his parent's disapproval Daesung wanted to sing and become singer. He was encouraged by his high school teacher who saw potential in him. He eventually auditioned to become trainee on YG ent in open audition and passed, joining in reality show Big Bang the Beginning.

"People express their feelings through crying or anger. We, Big Bang, express it through music"

Former Members

Seungri / V.I (2006-2019)
(=kor. Victory)

Full name Lee Seung-hyun 이승현
Born December 12, 1990
Position Vocalist, maknae

Before Big Bang: Seungri was leader of dance team in his hometown as a kid which led him appearing as contestant in Shinhwa's reality tv show Let's Cokeplay: Mnet Battle Shinhwa. After this he auditioned to YG ent to become part of Big Bang with his dancing skills. Towards end of debuting documentary Big Bang the Beginning he was pitted against Hyunseung for last member spot in Big Bang and managed to win his place in group.

Later on: Retired from industry March 11 2019 due to his own accord

Hyunseung (2006)

Full name Jang Hyun-seung 장현승
Born September 3, 1989
Position Vocalist

Joining in Big Bang: Hyunseung auditioned to YG ent in 2004 at age 15, he didn't pass the first audition, but due to frustration went to meet Yang Hyun-suk and ended up passing after it. Technically he was only part of Big Bang predebut and during their reality show Big Bang the Beginning, where he got eliminated from the group after losing to Seungri and left YG ent.

Later On: BEAST 2009-2016, Troublemaker 2011-2013, Soloist 2015->

Attachments

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Discography

Newest release

Flower Road was released as groups farewell gift to fans ahead to their long hiatus while members conclude their military services. It includes both promise to return and wish to fans to wait for Big Bang on flower road.

"this is not the end of us, I hope we'll meet again when the flowers are blooming"

Albums

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Social Media

Official group:

G-Dragon:
https://twitter.com/IBGDRGN
http://www.instagram.com/xxxibgdrgn

T.O.P:

Taeyang:
http://twitter.com/Realtaeyang

Fan:
bigbangupdates.com

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Military release dates

G-Dragon: October 26, 2019
Taeyang: November 10, 2019
Daesung: November 11, 2019

Note: tbh, this is first artist thread i have made, but i couldn't deal anymore without bb artist thread :jisoosmh:

please spam lot of content here

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I haven't been updating this thread so:

Recap on GD's military release

Although his release is bit old news already, note that he said that other BB members will be released soon and they have talked together how they miss doing music. And that he will be back soon as true "G-Dragon". So i think there will be definitely more of his solo stuff and BB stuff coming.

Taeyang's release is 10th November and Daesung's 11th.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
We going to Coachella bitches :sj_weary:
Also comeback in Q1 :sanapray:

BIGB4NG is coming :pepeheart:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread