News BIGHIT LABELS to hold New Year's Eve Concert on Weverse (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I agree with what other Carats are sayin. It is BH's fault in interfering with the relationship that SVT has with MBC. They should not do this!
Like alright if they wanna keep BTS and txt away from mbc, but like....

SVT has NOTHING to do with this mess, why tf should they be dragged into it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Saythename17
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,058
Reactions Received
52,945
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,130
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I think MBC gayo daejejeon PD was wrong not having Gfriend n TXT on in 2019. They shdnt hv retaliated in a fit of pique tat BTS dint appear there n showed up at New York New Year's Eve instead.

If you think this conspiracy theory is false, then there's no reason to believe Bighit ordered SVT not to appear on MuCore either.

I dont trust MBC gayo PD not to pull the same stunt on Gfriend, TXT or others at 2020 Gayo either. Fool me once, shame on me. You dont get to fool me twice with the same tricks,(i hope). I look forward to Gfriend at least at this New Year's Eve concert after not getting them at all year end shows last year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wicked

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
The thing I hate the most is ARMY acting like all the fandoms under BH Label hate MBC the way they do...

When it's just like.... No.... MBC has done more for us than BH

Also on twt a carat told me to just not complain bcs it will just bring SVT hate... JUST... Fuck me

Yeah, it's pathetic. Most fandoms at least tolerate these stations because they do so well for the artists on them, and then you've got BH being petty children and withholding artists just to make a point....nah, fuck that. SVT deserve so much better than BH and their $$ factory, childish crap.

Not here for it.
I wanna be very clear that I'm not "one of the armies hating on MBC and expecting other fandoms to be as well" types. Honestly, I'm fairly neutral and generally don't care wtf is going on in the kpop world anymore since I mostly just worry about my real life issues lol. It's just that I've always distrusted all of the music award shows, even when I wasn't a fan of BTS, so there's that. /shrug

I'm not a carat or an obsessive twitter army, so I don't keep up on their relations with shows and whatnot, part of why I backed out lol.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I wanna be very clear that I'm not "one of the armies hating on MBC and expecting other fandoms to be as well" types. Honestly, I'm fairly neutral and generally don't care wtf is going on in the kpop world anymore since I mostly just worry about my real life issues lol. It's just that I've always distrusted all of the music award shows, even when I wasn't a fan of BTS, so there's that. /shrug

I'm not a carat or an obsessive twitter army, so I don't keep up on their relations with shows and whatnot, part of why I backed out lol.
Agree. I have no idea what type of relation certain companies have with groups unless they're my faves so to me, MBC is getting what they deserve. It's unfortunate that groups that have nothing to do with this drama are getting involved, but I always think it's better to look at the pros than the cons of everything.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AmysTeri

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Agree. I have no idea what type of relation certain companies have with groups unless they're my faves so to me, MBC is getting what they deserve. It's unfortunate that groups that have nothing to do with this drama are getting involved, but I always think it's better to look at the pros than the cons of everything.
SVT and MBC have been SO CLOSE since debut!

Their debut reality show was on MBC
Their One Fine Day variety show was on MBC
Their first win was on MBC
Seungkwan's first cast as a permanent member on a variety show was on MBC
SVT has always had amazing stages on MBC's Gayo, amazing collabs etc

So for me it isn't like.... I care about MBC, I don't care if they get other groups attending or not... it's just that SVT attending MBC and the relationship they have with MBC has benefited SVT so damn much and we always get amazing stages with them.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I wanna be very clear that I'm not "one of the armies hating on MBC and expecting other fandoms to be as well" types. Honestly, I'm fairly neutral and generally don't care wtf is going on in the kpop world anymore since I mostly just worry about my real life issues lol. It's just that I've always distrusted all of the music award shows, even when I wasn't a fan of BTS, so there's that. /shrug

I'm not a carat or an obsessive twitter army, so I don't keep up on their relations with shows and whatnot, part of why I backed out lol.
To me it's like.... a company is a company, whether they deal with idols or a broadcast company. So like taking a random broadcast company and a random idol company I wouldn't trust or distrust one over another.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I mean, are they really missing anything out though? They'll get more exposure going to this by BTS's millions of fans than they will the MBC gayo. I guess the only downside is that they might not be able to promote on music core as much...
As far as marketing groups though that would not benefit SVT. There's not going to be a large transfer or sharing of fans between BTS and SVT. Between the people who will only watch BTS's performance and fandom culture in which being a multi is stigmatized SVT is not gaining anything.

They lose a lot though when they miss out on show opportunities. SVT built up their fandom by general publics recognition and building relationships with these networks. That's how they have been successfully marketed and to a lot of carats Big Hit seems to be burning bridges that SVT have built and stifling them.

You cannot market every group the same way and pushing groups that have core fans in Korea to new foreign fans with no interest in them will not work and may even come at the expense of losing general public's attention and those Korean fans.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Like alright if they wanna keep BTS and txt away from mbc, but like....

SVT has NOTHING to do with this mess, why tf should they be dragged into it.
I can’t believe there was drama here and no one told me. Armys don’t like mbc????? Since when!!! I’m so out of the loop lol
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,579
Reactions Received
6,439
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I will agree this is the worst choice bighit has ever made
i love alot of bighit plans etc

but as a seventeen fan i have notice that there content has become less "seventeen" since joining bighit family
and it such a shame
they just slowly feel like a bubblier version of bts and a older version of txt
no point buying companies if you going ignore the everything what worked for the groups within those companies
seventeen has always been known as variety kings
with there amazing award show stages even when they were a small group

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread