COME JOIN US!
Join an amazing community of KPOP fans and start discussing about your favorite KPOP stars.
Register Now

Discussion 📚📖BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD📖📚 (1 Viewer)

Chahee

Gata-Gatakiriba! Gata-Gatakiriba! Gata-Gatakiriba!
Reactions Received
Ship
Finished The sign of the four.
Now I'm re-reading "I, Robot" since im not sure where i stopped last time. And It's short and easy to read anyway, but very pleasant.

Foundation is cool too, but i need to finish this part with the couple babysitting a clown and a psychologist, trying to defeat a super mutant. I miss when the mcs were politicians or merchants, these new mcs are so useless and dumb lol

Reactions: Bookworm

Chahee

Gata-Gatakiriba! Gata-Gatakiriba! Gata-Gatakiriba!
Reactions Received
Ship
What does everyone here look for in the ending to a book (other than it just being a good ending)? :dubuthink:
I tend to like more when at the end of the journey, the main characters at least feel more mature after the whole experience

And if its an ending with a character arc where they discover it was all for nothing, that at least they build some good expectative for the sequel lol

Bookworm

Idol
Reactions Received
I tend to like more when at the end of the journey, the main characters at least feel more mature after the whole experience

And if its an ending with a character arc where they discover it was all for nothing, that at least they build some good expectative for the sequel lol
I like these a lot :D I hadn't really considered the second before, that's so true. Thanks!

Reactions: Chahee

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Ship
The Starless Sea-Erin Morgenstern

I was SO hyped for this book to come out, preordered it and everything. Erin Morgenstern wrote my favorite book ever (The Night Circus) but that was in 2011 and when she !!!finallly!!! announced her new book I cried. Going into it I was rlly scared that my expectations were too high but oh my god y’all :lovelycooky: She delivered!!!! I can’t describe it beyond saying that the author’s just soooooo good at building like the aesthetic of a story and it’s magical to read

Reactions: potato

Soleski

Idol
Reactions Received
Ship
if you wanna read something fun try T.J. Klune books
he is so funny

for example
"„Oh my god, Ox, your life is like those shitty sparkly vampire movies. That I’ve never seen and don’t like at all, shut up.” "

:pepeheart:

Reactions: Chahee and potato

Soleski

Idol
Reactions Received
Ship
The grandmaster of demonic cultivation is amazing :pepeheart: :pepeheart:
its a chinese novel but there is english fan translation if someoe is interested I can send the page
here is the summary:
As the grandmaster who founded the Demonic Sect, Wei WuXian roamed the world in his wanton ways, hated by millions for the chaos he created. In the end, he was backstabbed by his dearest shidi and killed by powerful clans that combined to overpower him. He incarnates into the body of a lunatic who was abandoned by his clan and is later, unwillingly, taken away by a famous cultivator among the clans—Lan WangJi, his archenemy. This marks the start of a thrilling yet hilarious journey of attacking monsters, solving mysteries, and raising children. From the mutual flirtation along the way, Wei WuXian slowly realizes that Lan WangJi, a seemingly haughty and indifferent poker-face, holds more feelings for Wei WuXian than he is letting on.

Reactions: Chahee

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Ship
Circe - Madeline Miller

Started out so strong I almost put it down because I was sure it’d lose steam and be horrible at the end, but it didn’t!!!!! You immediately vibe with Circe at the very beginning and the story keeps it that way til the last word. I lovedddddd the way the plot came together; everything felt perfectly in place and thought out. Main complaint was that it was just a ~little~ too feminist for my liking.

Reactions: Soleski

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Ship
Does anyone have any recommendations for shorter novels? I'm in the mood for a quick read, but I'm not too sure what to read. Any genre is fine!
First you’re gonna have to say what you classify as short

• Haha
Reactions: TwentyOneJunhui

TwentyOneJunhui

✧・゚:* Network Love *:・゚✧
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
First you’re gonna have to say what you classify as short
Lol, idk, anything under 250 pages? Just something I could finish in a weekend or so.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimimis

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Ship
Lol, idk, anything under 250 pages? Just something I could finish in a weekend or so.
Sorry I can’t help you :nekosweat: got 200+ books and nothing under 250 lmao
Though if you’re willing, Flowers for Algernon is ~300. I’m in the middle of it rn and it’s pretty good

• Haha
Reactions: TwentyOneJunhui

TwentyOneJunhui

Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Sorry I can’t help you :nekosweat: got 200+ books and nothing under 250 lmao
Though if you’re willing, Flowers for Algernon is ~300. I’m in the middle of it rn and it’s pretty good
Lol, you don't have to stick to that number. Honestly anything that is fast paced I could probably finish in a weekend:sanapray: I'll check that out though, thanks!

Reactions: Jimimis
Reactions Received
Ship
Lol, you don't have to stick to that number. Honestly anything that is fast paced I could probably finish in a weekend:sanapray: I'll check that out though, thanks!
Manga would be my suggestion. They are shorter and easier to read and interesting. I've sadly only really delved into one so far and that is Tokyo Ghoul!

This is not a Test by Courtney Summers is a fast-paced book that I would recommend. Longer than you want but not SUPER long.

TwentyOneJunhui

Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Manga would be my suggestion. They are shorter and easier to read and interesting. I've sadly only really delved into one so far and that is Tokyo Ghoul!

This is not a Test by Courtney Summers is a fast-paced book that I would recommend. Longer than you want but not SUPER long.
I love manga for quick reads, I have a ton and like to read them a lot. :maheart:
I’ll check that out! Thanks !!

Bookworm

Idol
Reactions Received

I read Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers. That book was so depressing TT

Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Reactions Received
Ship
I read Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers. That book was so depressing TT
I've found that a lot of her books are that way (given I've only read two of them) but she intertwines it with something more that makes me completely obsessed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)