📚📖BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD📖📚 (1 Viewer)

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
also, my friend’s bf is starting the Shadowhunters and what does he decide is a good idea? Start in Lady Midnight
Omg okay he should NOT start with Lady Midnight!!! He should start with City of Bones!!! So many things mentioned in Lady Midnight are things that happen in the original series!!!!

Gotta admit, I loved Lady Midnight more than City of Bones tho :zoomeyes:
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,366
Reactions Received
27,576
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
9,010
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Omg okay he should NOT start with Lady Midnight!!! He should start with City of Bones!!! So many things mentioned in Lady Midnight are things that happen in the original series!!!!

Gotta admit, I loved Lady Midnight more than City of Bones tho :zoomeyes:
I saw my other friend and he was just lying in the ground complaining about how he hates the first two books (he skips over them for all his rereads) but how important they are
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I saw my other friend and he was just lying in the ground complaining about how he hates the first two books (he skips over them for all his rereads) but how important they are
Well they ain't the best imo but they are so freaking important. The whole series becomes way better with book 3 and 4 and 5 are freaking amazing. Altho I gotta say book 2 is better than book 1 by miles
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,366
Reactions Received
27,576
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
9,010
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
What does everyone here look for in the ending to a book (other than it just being a good ending)? :dubuthink:
a feeling of fulfillment, like I didn’t read an entire book for an ending that I expected halfway through the book, or that doesn’t make any sense given the context
idk if that made sense or not
 
  • Like
Reactions: username1

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,366
Reactions Received
27,576
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
9,010
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
I think that makes sense c: So, not predictable or irrational, basically? What if the book doesn't have any major twists?
I think it depends really
Sometimes major twists is what makes a book amazing, but other times it’s just used to facilitate the ending the author wants, which is annoying
 
  • Like
Reactions: username1

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Finished The sign of the four.
Now I'm re-reading "I, Robot" since im not sure where i stopped last time. And It's short and easy to read anyway, but very pleasant.

Foundation is cool too, but i need to finish this part with the couple babysitting a clown and a psychologist, trying to defeat a super mutant. I miss when the mcs were politicians or merchants, these new mcs are so useless and dumb lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: username1

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
What does everyone here look for in the ending to a book (other than it just being a good ending)? :dubuthink:
I tend to like more when at the end of the journey, the main characters at least feel more mature after the whole experience

And if its an ending with a character arc where they discover it was all for nothing, that at least they build some good expectative for the sequel lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: username1
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
The Starless Sea-Erin Morgenstern

I was SO hyped for this book to come out, preordered it and everything. Erin Morgenstern wrote my favorite book ever (The Night Circus) but that was in 2011 and when she !!!finallly!!! announced her new book I cried. Going into it I was rlly scared that my expectations were too high but oh my god y’all :lovelycooky: She delivered!!!! I can’t describe it beyond saying that the author’s just soooooo good at building like the aesthetic of a story and it’s magical to read
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
The grandmaster of demonic cultivation is amazing :pepeheart: :pepeheart:
its a chinese novel but there is english fan translation if someoe is interested I can send the page
here is the summary:
As the grandmaster who founded the Demonic Sect, Wei WuXian roamed the world in his wanton ways, hated by millions for the chaos he created. In the end, he was backstabbed by his dearest shidi and killed by powerful clans that combined to overpower him. He incarnates into the body of a lunatic who was abandoned by his clan and is later, unwillingly, taken away by a famous cultivator among the clans—Lan WangJi, his archenemy. This marks the start of a thrilling yet hilarious journey of attacking monsters, solving mysteries, and raising children. From the mutual flirtation along the way, Wei WuXian slowly realizes that Lan WangJi, a seemingly haughty and indifferent poker-face, holds more feelings for Wei WuXian than he is letting on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jasque
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Circe - Madeline Miller

Started out so strong I almost put it down because I was sure it’d lose steam and be horrible at the end, but it didn’t!!!!! You immediately vibe with Circe at the very beginning and the story keeps it that way til the last word. I lovedddddd the way the plot came together; everything felt perfectly in place and thought out. Main complaint was that it was just a ~little~ too feminist for my liking.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Soleski
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i finished Good Omens and it was rocked but my main takeaway was that aziraphale is super hot so the book extra rocked
 

Juniverse

Local Backstabber ♡
.
Joined
1 January 2020
Messages
11,006
Reactions Received
21,104
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
498
Fandom
Deobi
Wreck
When I was a few years younger I read this book called "Prisoner of Night and Fog".
It's about a girl who is Hitler's honorary "niece".
Basically, she falls in love with a Jew and together, they try and solve her father's murder.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Does anyone have any recommendations for shorter novels? I'm in the mood for a quick read, but I'm not too sure what to read. Any genre is fine!
First you’re gonna have to say what you classify as short
 
  • Haha
Reactions: gongchan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread