COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“–BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“š (4 Viewers)

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
also, my friendโ€™s bf is starting the Shadowhunters and what does he decide is a good idea? Start in Lady Midnight
Omg okay he should NOT start with Lady Midnight!!! He should start with City of Bones!!! So many things mentioned in Lady Midnight are things that happen in the original series!!!!

Gotta admit, I loved Lady Midnight more than City of Bones tho :zoomeyes:

mysteric

.*๏พŸ+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she โ™ก her
Ship
Omg okay he should NOT start with Lady Midnight!!! He should start with City of Bones!!! So many things mentioned in Lady Midnight are things that happen in the original series!!!!

Gotta admit, I loved Lady Midnight more than City of Bones tho :zoomeyes:
I saw my other friend and he was just lying in the ground complaining about how he hates the first two books (he skips over them for all his rereads) but how important they are

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I saw my other friend and he was just lying in the ground complaining about how he hates the first two books (he skips over them for all his rereads) but how important they are
Well they ain't the best imo but they are so freaking important. The whole series becomes way better with book 3 and 4 and 5 are freaking amazing. Altho I gotta say book 2 is better than book 1 by miles

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she โ™ก her
Ship
What does everyone here look for in the ending to a book (other than it just being a good ending)? :dubuthink:
a feeling of fulfillment, like I didnโ€™t read an entire book for an ending that I expected halfway through the book, or that doesnโ€™t make any sense given the context
idk if that made sense or not

mysteric

Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she โ™ก her
Ship
I think that makes sense c: So, not predictable or irrational, basically? What if the book doesn't have any major twists?
I think it depends really
Sometimes major twists is what makes a book amazing, but other times itโ€™s just used to facilitate the ending the author wants, which is annoying

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Finished The sign of the four.
Now I'm re-reading "I, Robot" since im not sure where i stopped last time. And It's short and easy to read anyway, but very pleasant.

Foundation is cool too, but i need to finish this part with the couple babysitting a clown and a psychologist, trying to defeat a super mutant. I miss when the mcs were politicians or merchants, these new mcs are so useless and dumb lol

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
What does everyone here look for in the ending to a book (other than it just being a good ending)? :dubuthink:
I tend to like more when at the end of the journey, the main characters at least feel more mature after the whole experience

And if its an ending with a character arc where they discover it was all for nothing, that at least they build some good expectative for the sequel lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
The Starless Sea-Erin Morgenstern

I was SO hyped for this book to come out, preordered it and everything. Erin Morgenstern wrote my favorite book ever (The Night Circus) but that was in 2011 and when she !!!finallly!!! announced her new book I cried. Going into it I was rlly scared that my expectations were too high but oh my god yโ€™all :lovelycooky: She delivered!!!! I canโ€™t describe it beyond saying that the authorโ€™s just soooooo good at building like the aesthetic of a story and itโ€™s magical to read

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
if you wanna read something fun try T.J. Klune books
he is so funny

for example
"โ€žOh my god, Ox, your life is like those shitty sparkly vampire movies. That Iโ€™ve never seen and donโ€™t like at all, shut up.โ€ "

:pepeheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
The grandmaster of demonic cultivation is amazing :pepeheart: :pepeheart:
its a chinese novel but there is english fan translation if someoe is interested I can send the page
here is the summary:
As the grandmaster who founded the Demonic Sect, Wei WuXian roamed the world in his wanton ways, hated by millions for the chaos he created. In the end, he was backstabbed by his dearest shidi and killed by powerful clans that combined to overpower him. He incarnates into the body of a lunatic who was abandoned by his clan and is later, unwillingly, taken away by a famous cultivator among the clansโ€”Lan WangJi, his archenemy. This marks the start of a thrilling yet hilarious journey of attacking monsters, solving mysteries, and raising children. From the mutual flirtation along the way, Wei WuXian slowly realizes that Lan WangJi, a seemingly haughty and indifferent poker-face, holds more feelings for Wei WuXian than he is letting on.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Circe - Madeline Miller

Started out so strong I almost put it down because I was sure itโ€™d lose steam and be horrible at the end, but it didnโ€™t!!!!! You immediately vibe with Circe at the very beginning and the story keeps it that way til the last word. I lovedddddd the way the plot came together; everything felt perfectly in place and thought out. Main complaint was that it was just a ~little~ too feminist for my liking.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i finished Good Omens and it was rocked but my main takeaway was that aziraphale is super hot so the book extra rocked

Juniverse

Local Backstabber โ™ก
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Deobi
Wreck
When I was a few years younger I read this book called "Prisoner of Night and Fog".
It's about a girl who is Hitler's honorary "niece".
Basically, she falls in love with a Jew and together, they try and solve her father's murder.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Does anyone have any recommendations for shorter novels? I'm in the mood for a quick read, but I'm not too sure what to read. Any genre is fine!
First youโ€™re gonna have to say what you classify as short

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread