COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“–BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“š (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Lol, idk, anything under 250 pages? Just something I could finish in a weekend or so.
Sorry I canโ€™t help you :nekosweat: got 200+ books and nothing under 250 lmao
Though if youโ€™re willing, Flowers for Algernon is ~300. Iโ€™m in the middle of it rn and itโ€™s pretty good

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
Reactions Received
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Bana
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
Sorry I canโ€™t help you :nekosweat: got 200+ books and nothing under 250 lmao
Though if youโ€™re willing, Flowers for Algernon is ~300. Iโ€™m in the middle of it rn and itโ€™s pretty good
Lol, you don't have to stick to that number. Honestly anything that is fast paced I could probably finish in a weekend:sanapray: I'll check that out though, thanks!

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Lol, you don't have to stick to that number. Honestly anything that is fast paced I could probably finish in a weekend:sanapray: I'll check that out though, thanks!
Manga would be my suggestion. They are shorter and easier to read and interesting. I've sadly only really delved into one so far and that is Tokyo Ghoul!

This is not a Test by Courtney Summers is a fast-paced book that I would recommend. Longer than you want but not SUPER long.

gongchan

Izz/Phoenix
Reactions Received
Website
theghostofwind.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Bana
Pronouns
he/him
Ship
Wreck
Manga would be my suggestion. They are shorter and easier to read and interesting. I've sadly only really delved into one so far and that is Tokyo Ghoul!

This is not a Test by Courtney Summers is a fast-paced book that I would recommend. Longer than you want but not SUPER long.
I love manga for quick reads, I have a ton and like to read them a lot. :maheart:
Iโ€™ll check that out! Thanks !!

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I read Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers. That book was so depressing TT
I've found that a lot of her books are that way (given I've only read two of them) but she intertwines it with something more that makes me completely obsessed.

potato

โ˜† Stan Yolkie โ˜†
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I don't where else to put my book reviews so here you go :nekosweat: :

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

I've heard bad reviews about this book. Not necessarily bad, but it seemed to bore people who had come across it which is why I put it off for so long. It remained at the back of my tiny little bookshelf for almost a year. But I finally picked it up and I was pleasantly surprised. I could see why people could have found it boring. The story is seemingly very plain. Aside from the dark twist, there is nothing too extraordinary about what the characters experience. You almost don't even notice the true darkness that surrounds the characters. It's all very normal. However, there are certain notion, small hints here and there there which uravels the tightly bound secret more and more which happen more frequently as you go through the book. The author has a really clever way of doing it which I really enjoyed only after finishing the book.

What I really love about this book is the real-ness of the characters. All the characters had both their good and bad traits and you realise you don't really love or hate one. There is a dislike/liking towards certain characters but your feelings change as the book goes on until it all becomes a little murky. I feel that's what real humans are like. A bit murky and neither good nor bad. There is a certain stillness to the whole book. It's all oddly serene and calm and passive despite the dystopian setting which makes it all a bit unsettling.

Despite what other people have said, I think it's a very good book and I do recommend it. It's a slow read though so if you like fast paced book, it might not be for you.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, that's true. I think she's a smart writer. I've found I'm mostly just really sensitive about what I read. Books tend to feel even more real to me than real life sometimes.
I feel that

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Books with female protagonists (preferably fantasy) that donโ€™t moan about how they hate being feminine? basically, none of the โ€œoh I hate dresses so much I want swords!!!!โ€ type of thing

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Books with female protagonists (preferably fantasy) that donโ€™t moan about how they hate being feminine? basically, none of the โ€œoh I hate dresses so much I want swords!!!!โ€ type of thing
You might like The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski-though it is low fantasy. The main character Kestrel is more about brains and strategy than anything else and is very feminine if you ask me.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
You might like The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski-though it is low fantasy. The main character Kestrel is more about brains and strategy than anything else and is very feminine if you ask me.
I tried that and couldnโ€™t stand it :( shame because I think youโ€™ve recommended it twice now lol

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I tried that and couldnโ€™t stand it :( shame because I think youโ€™ve recommended it twice now lol
LMFAO WELP I need to look through my shit and see if I can find something else to recommend.

Edit: The only problem is I can't seem to remember if the mains in any of my favorite fantasies are like this XD

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Not finished. I'm reading Smoke & Iron right now <.<
If I remember correctly (it has been some time since I read the books XD) it is really good. I think you'll like it a lot! Also, unless I'm confusing it with the third book, the ending will make you pick the next book immediately.

When you start reading the fifth book tell me! I want to read them again so that we can discuss them once we're both done!

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
If I remember correctly (it has been some time since I read the books XD) it is really good. I think you'll like it a lot! Also, unless I'm confusing it with the third book, the ending will make you pick the next book immediately.

When you start reading the fifth book tell me! I want to read them again so that we can discuss them once we're both done!
Ok I'll try! I've been on a reading streak this year and have read 19 books and am currently reading 3 all at once <.<

I will say the ending of Ash & Quill should have made me pick this one up immediately but also this one wasn't released back then so I was forced to wait and then got nervous about picking it up because of that WILD ending.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ok I'll try! I've been on a reading streak this year and have read 19 books and am currently reading 3 all at once <.<

I will say the ending of Ash & Quill should have made me pick this one up immediately but also this one wasn't released back then so I was forced to wait and then got nervous about picking it up because of that WILD ending.
Damn girl you have read a lot of book! What other books are you currently reading?

I haven't really read much this year as opposed to last year. 32 books so far (according to my Goodreads page) but I keep rereading older books that I love. I have so many new books but I can't read anything new for some reason x.x

Okay then I remember the ending of Ash & Quill then and not the ending of the 4th book. I remember that I had to wait for a week to read the next book cause it wasn't released yet XD Altho the 4th book was pretty good too it doesn't leave you in such a huge cliffhanger like the 3rd!

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Damn girl you have read a lot of book! What other books are you currently reading?

I haven't really read much this year as opposed to last year. 32 books so far (according to my Goodreads page) but I keep rereading older books that I love. I have so many new books but I can't read anything new for some reason x.x

Okay then I remember the ending of Ash & Quill then and not the ending of the 4th book. I remember that I had to wait for a week to read the next book cause it wasn't released yet XD Altho the 4th book was pretty good too it doesn't leave you in such a huge cliffhanger like the 3rd!
Yeah no the ending of Ash & Quill was insane.

Also, I'm listening to an audiobook of Every Heart A Door Way by Seanan McGuire. I've been meaning to pick it up for forever and I'm already really enjoying it. Also, I'm reading a collection of the original Grimm Brother Fairytales though that one is slow going since I'm rarely in the mood for it.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah no the ending of Ash & Quill was insane.

Also, I'm listening to an audiobook of Every Heart A Door Way by Seanan McGuire. I've been meaning to pick it up for forever and I'm already really enjoying it. Also, I'm reading a collection of the original Grimm Brother Fairytales though that one is slow going since I'm rarely in the mood for it.
Is an audiobook better than reading a book btw? I've never had an audiobook personally cause I never saw the appeal. I'll be checking Every Heart A Door Way

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread