📚📖BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD📖📚 (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Is an audiobook better than reading a book btw? I've never had an audiobook personally cause I never saw the appeal. I'll be checking Every Heart A Door Way
Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. There were some books that were made better by the audiobook. Like Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkin Reid...I would've been so bored without the audiobook for it. Also, The Turn Of The Key by Ruth Ware was creepy because of the audiobook.

Also found out a book that was supposed to creep me out didn't because I didn't listen to the audiobook (though the writing should've stood on it's own in my opinion). I will say I still prefer reading physically but audiobooks usually help me get out of slumps or continue to read through them because I don't really have to think about it?

Oh also they help me read multiple books at once.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. There were some books that were made better by the audiobook. Like Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkin Reid...I would've been so bored without the audiobook for it. Also, The Turn Of The Key by Ruth Ware was creepy because of the audiobook.

Also found out a book that was supposed to creep me out didn't because I didn't listen to the audiobook (though the writing should've stood on it's own in my opinion). I will say I still prefer reading physically but audiobooks usually help me get out of slumps or continue to read through them because I don't really have to think about it?

Oh also they help me read multiple books at once.
Hmmm I see.

Also, Every Heart A Doorway sounds really good. I'll be checking it out for sure!!

On another note, have you finished the Red Queen series? :seokeyes:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Hmmm I see.

Also, Every Heart A Doorway sounds really good. I'll be checking it out for sure!!

On another note, have you finished the Red Queen series? :seokeyes:
I'm REALLY enjoying it so far. It's also a quick read and the series is mostly completed.

And yes I finished Red Queen. Read War Storm last year actually XD
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I'm REALLY enjoying it so far. It's also a quick read and the series is mostly completed.

And yes I finished Red Queen. Read War Storm last year actually XD
Omg really???? Omg last time I checked you were still reading the 4th book XD Tell me opinions!! I keep on rereading it cause I just love it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Omg really???? Omg last time I checked you were still reading the 4th book XD Tell me opinions!! I keep on rereading it cause I just love it
Oh, my goodness I'm glad you loved it!

So personally I loved the finale. I thought it had all the action, war, and strategy that I wanted from it. I was a little sad at how Maven died I thought there should've been more to it given the circumstances but I also cried like a little bitch baby because he was my bitch baby. It's been a while since I read it though tbh so I can't say more than that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oh, my goodness I'm glad you loved it!

So personally I loved the finale. I thought it had all the action, war, and strategy that I wanted from it. I was a little sad at how Maven died I thought there should've been more to it given the circumstances but I also cried like a little bitch baby because he was my bitch baby. It's been a while since I read it though tbh so I can't say more than that.
So you can't imagine how grateful I am to you for suggesting that series! They are my favorite series out of everything I've read so far and I'm just not getting tired rereading them. The ending was a bit bittersweet for me cause I wanted Mare and Cal to be together and not the way they are with both of them being away from each other etc. Altho the future is promising for them and I gotta admit the ending was perfect.
Also, I loved the way Maven died tbh. And the significance of the whole room full of silent stones etc cause it just tied up so well with the whole story and Mare's ordeal from the 3rd book. Overall I was so happy with the book. Also, who doesn't love a good lesbian ending for Evangeline!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So you can't imagine how grateful I am to you for suggesting that series! They are my favorite series out of everything I've read so far and I'm just not getting tired rereading them. The ending was a bit bittersweet for me cause I wanted Mare and Cal to be together and not the way they are with both of them being away from each other etc. Altho the future is promising for them and I gotta admit the ending was perfect.
Also, I loved the way Maven died tbh. And the significance of the whole room full of silent stones etc cause it just tied up so well with the whole story and Mare's ordeal from the 3rd book. Overall I was so happy with the book. Also, who doesn't love a good lesbian ending for Evangeline!
I mean maybe I liked it I just wanted the scene to be bigger than it was and for me at the end of book 3 I wanted Mare to be alone so I was actually satisfied with how it ended in that regard. And of course I adore Evangeline's ending. I don't know to me the way it ended was good. I'm so glad you really like it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I mean maybe I liked it I just wanted the scene to be bigger than it was and for me at the end of book 3 I wanted Mare to be alone so I was actually satisfied with how it ended in that regard. And of course I adore Evangeline's ending. I don't know to me the way it ended was good. I'm so glad you really like it.
Yeah the ending was perfect. Bittersweet but perfect. It's just fits with the whole book and with the way things are.

Also, I think I might have mentioned it before but I love how every single character has flaws and they aren't the perfect beings like other books potray their characters. The author really did a great job with her characters
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yeah the ending was perfect. Bittersweet but perfect. It's just fits with the whole book and with the way things are.

Also, I think I might have mentioned it before but I love how every single character has flaws and they aren't the perfect beings like other books potray their characters. The author really did a great job with her characters
Hey I finished the fourth book and what the actual fuck
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I've finally read The Ghost Bride by Yangtze Choo. It's quite the story. I was a little averse to it for a while, but it's okay, I guess. The plot was fairly easy to follow, and I didn't hate how it ended. It was a little weird to read. Some of it was confusing, but I think it was a pretty easy read, and quite enjoyable.
 

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
THE GREAT LIBRARY!!!!! And I started the final book now XD
Lol okay then time to reread the books then XD

Good cause I'm not too into the book I'm currently reading. I started the Red Sparrow series but so far I'm meh (altho I haven't read too much of it yet so who knows I might change my mind)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Lol okay then time to reread the books then XD

Good cause I'm not too into the book I'm currently reading. I started the Red Sparrow series but so far I'm meh (altho I haven't read too much of it yet so who knows I might change my mind)
YOU!?!? NOT LIKE A BOOK!?!? WHAT!?!?!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
YOU!?!? NOT LIKE A BOOK!?!? WHAT!?!?!
Ikr??? Something is definitely wrong with me! I can't seem to put myself to read any new book for some reason and I have so many that I love based on the description x.x
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ikr??? Something is definitely wrong with me! I can't seem to put myself to read any new book for some reason and I have so many that I love based on the description x.x
Well shit maybe you've finally fallen into a reading slump!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Well shit maybe you've finally fallen into a reading slump!
Lmao it could happen! Or maybe I became a mood reader like you XD Altho I find this a bit hard tbh :P
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
MAYBE ITS TRUE THOUGH!
Sooooo I'm inclined to say I became a mood reader. I just can't seem to be able to pick up The Great Library to read o.o Or anything for that matter o.o
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Sooooo I'm inclined to say I became a mood reader. I just can't seem to be able to pick up The Great Library to read o.o Or anything for that matter o.o
OR you're in a reading slump hun
 
  • Like
Reactions: Marianthi

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread