COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

📚📖BOOK SUGGESTION THREAD📖📚 (4 Viewers)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Is an audiobook better than reading a book btw? I've never had an audiobook personally cause I never saw the appeal. I'll be checking Every Heart A Door Way
Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. There were some books that were made better by the audiobook. Like Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkin Reid...I would've been so bored without the audiobook for it. Also, The Turn Of The Key by Ruth Ware was creepy because of the audiobook.

Also found out a book that was supposed to creep me out didn't because I didn't listen to the audiobook (though the writing should've stood on it's own in my opinion). I will say I still prefer reading physically but audiobooks usually help me get out of slumps or continue to read through them because I don't really have to think about it?

Oh also they help me read multiple books at once.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. There were some books that were made better by the audiobook. Like Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkin Reid...I would've been so bored without the audiobook for it. Also, The Turn Of The Key by Ruth Ware was creepy because of the audiobook.

Also found out a book that was supposed to creep me out didn't because I didn't listen to the audiobook (though the writing should've stood on it's own in my opinion). I will say I still prefer reading physically but audiobooks usually help me get out of slumps or continue to read through them because I don't really have to think about it?

Oh also they help me read multiple books at once.
Hmmm I see.

Also, Every Heart A Doorway sounds really good. I'll be checking it out for sure!!

On another note, have you finished the Red Queen series? :seokeyes:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Hmmm I see.

Also, Every Heart A Doorway sounds really good. I'll be checking it out for sure!!

On another note, have you finished the Red Queen series? :seokeyes:
I'm REALLY enjoying it so far. It's also a quick read and the series is mostly completed.

And yes I finished Red Queen. Read War Storm last year actually XD

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm REALLY enjoying it so far. It's also a quick read and the series is mostly completed.

And yes I finished Red Queen. Read War Storm last year actually XD
Omg really???? Omg last time I checked you were still reading the 4th book XD Tell me opinions!! I keep on rereading it cause I just love it

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Omg really???? Omg last time I checked you were still reading the 4th book XD Tell me opinions!! I keep on rereading it cause I just love it
Oh, my goodness I'm glad you loved it!

So personally I loved the finale. I thought it had all the action, war, and strategy that I wanted from it. I was a little sad at how Maven died I thought there should've been more to it given the circumstances but I also cried like a little bitch baby because he was my bitch baby. It's been a while since I read it though tbh so I can't say more than that.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Oh, my goodness I'm glad you loved it!

So personally I loved the finale. I thought it had all the action, war, and strategy that I wanted from it. I was a little sad at how Maven died I thought there should've been more to it given the circumstances but I also cried like a little bitch baby because he was my bitch baby. It's been a while since I read it though tbh so I can't say more than that.
So you can't imagine how grateful I am to you for suggesting that series! They are my favorite series out of everything I've read so far and I'm just not getting tired rereading them. The ending was a bit bittersweet for me cause I wanted Mare and Cal to be together and not the way they are with both of them being away from each other etc. Altho the future is promising for them and I gotta admit the ending was perfect.
Also, I loved the way Maven died tbh. And the significance of the whole room full of silent stones etc cause it just tied up so well with the whole story and Mare's ordeal from the 3rd book. Overall I was so happy with the book. Also, who doesn't love a good lesbian ending for Evangeline!

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So you can't imagine how grateful I am to you for suggesting that series! They are my favorite series out of everything I've read so far and I'm just not getting tired rereading them. The ending was a bit bittersweet for me cause I wanted Mare and Cal to be together and not the way they are with both of them being away from each other etc. Altho the future is promising for them and I gotta admit the ending was perfect.
Also, I loved the way Maven died tbh. And the significance of the whole room full of silent stones etc cause it just tied up so well with the whole story and Mare's ordeal from the 3rd book. Overall I was so happy with the book. Also, who doesn't love a good lesbian ending for Evangeline!
I mean maybe I liked it I just wanted the scene to be bigger than it was and for me at the end of book 3 I wanted Mare to be alone so I was actually satisfied with how it ended in that regard. And of course I adore Evangeline's ending. I don't know to me the way it ended was good. I'm so glad you really like it.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I mean maybe I liked it I just wanted the scene to be bigger than it was and for me at the end of book 3 I wanted Mare to be alone so I was actually satisfied with how it ended in that regard. And of course I adore Evangeline's ending. I don't know to me the way it ended was good. I'm so glad you really like it.
Yeah the ending was perfect. Bittersweet but perfect. It's just fits with the whole book and with the way things are.

Also, I think I might have mentioned it before but I love how every single character has flaws and they aren't the perfect beings like other books potray their characters. The author really did a great job with her characters

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yeah the ending was perfect. Bittersweet but perfect. It's just fits with the whole book and with the way things are.

Also, I think I might have mentioned it before but I love how every single character has flaws and they aren't the perfect beings like other books potray their characters. The author really did a great job with her characters
Hey I finished the fourth book and what the actual fuck

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I've finally read The Ghost Bride by Yangtze Choo. It's quite the story. I was a little averse to it for a while, but it's okay, I guess. The plot was fairly easy to follow, and I didn't hate how it ended. It was a little weird to read. Some of it was confusing, but I think it was a pretty easy read, and quite enjoyable.

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
THE GREAT LIBRARY!!!!! And I started the final book now XD
Lol okay then time to reread the books then XD

Good cause I'm not too into the book I'm currently reading. I started the Red Sparrow series but so far I'm meh (altho I haven't read too much of it yet so who knows I might change my mind)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Lol okay then time to reread the books then XD

Good cause I'm not too into the book I'm currently reading. I started the Red Sparrow series but so far I'm meh (altho I haven't read too much of it yet so who knows I might change my mind)
YOU!?!? NOT LIKE A BOOK!?!? WHAT!?!?!

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
YOU!?!? NOT LIKE A BOOK!?!? WHAT!?!?!
Ikr??? Something is definitely wrong with me! I can't seem to put myself to read any new book for some reason and I have so many that I love based on the description x.x

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Ikr??? Something is definitely wrong with me! I can't seem to put myself to read any new book for some reason and I have so many that I love based on the description x.x
Well shit maybe you've finally fallen into a reading slump!

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well shit maybe you've finally fallen into a reading slump!
Lmao it could happen! Or maybe I became a mood reader like you XD Altho I find this a bit hard tbh :P

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
Reactions Received
KS Coins
MAYBE ITS TRUE THOUGH!
Sooooo I'm inclined to say I became a mood reader. I just can't seem to be able to pick up The Great Library to read o.o Or anything for that matter o.o

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Sooooo I'm inclined to say I became a mood reader. I just can't seem to be able to pick up The Great Library to read o.o Or anything for that matter o.o
OR you're in a reading slump hun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread