Can Somebody Please Tell Me What "Organic Success" Is? (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Well there is Big Bang.
But Big Bang still went on many variety shows to promote and promoted at music shows, didn't they? If they didn't, then that really is admirable.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Maybe in kpop we can go for the groups coming from small companies? :nekosweat: those companies who can't support too much advertising, fancy MVs or to cover scandals:wimwim:
But those groups don't ever gradually become famous. They blow up due to circumstance and luck, not hard work over the years, as sad as that is :yolk:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
But Big Bang still went on many variety shows to promote and promoted at music shows, didn't they? If they didn't, then that really is admirable.
Yeah omg they promoted the shit out of themselves, back in the day. There wasn't a variety show they weren't on.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
But those groups don't ever gradually become famous. They blow up due to circumstance and luck, not hard work over the years, as sad as that is :yolk:
there are a few examples who became popular gradually
And I'd honestly name BTS. They got their first prize with I need you, after many comebacks. Then they started to be a bit more popular with Dope, step by step with Fire and then Blood sweat and tears
They didn't have one hit to make them popular, I really think it was step by step
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Honestly, if you think about it, no success is "organic", since BTS had their company supporting them and training them.
I mean the industry itself is structured in a way that only lets their products thrive so yeah. Still, there are different companies with different degrees of influence, some BTS stans do overplay how "nugu" BigHit was , but for me you can still be organic if you go from a not so big agency to being a top group through whatever means- variety skills, visuals, music etc. It was the members' appeal that brought in fans, so I wouldn't consider it that inorganic really.

Organic success isn't just about music to me, it's the whole thing- how the agency implements its strategy, how the members get popular, and so on. It's only when groups get pre-debut stans because of their seniors or company that I find it "inorganic" but I don't have a problem with either.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
there are a few examples who became popular gradually
And I'd honestly name BTS. They got their first prize with I need you, after many comebacks. Then they started to be a bit more popular with Dope, step by step with Fire and then Blood sweat and tears
They didn't have one hit to make them popular, I really think it was step by step
BTS debut in 2013, right? They had two albums chart in the year end gaon charts. One album sold 24K and the other 34K. Isn't that REALLY good for rookies? Omg in 2014 they had an album that sold 100K???? They were doing well since debut. How is that gradual?
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
there are a few examples who became popular gradually
And I'd honestly name BTS. They got their first prize with I need you, after many comebacks. Then they started to be a bit more popular with Dope, step by step with Fire and then Blood sweat and tears
They didn't have one hit to make them popular, I really think it was step by step
BTS is pretty organic by Kpop standards. I mean you're not gonna see indie artists get those international stans and YouTube views coz everyone is signed to an agency. If the agency does it's job well, I don't see what's inorganic about it.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
BTS debut in 2013, right? They had two albums chart in the year end gaon charts. One album sold 24K and the other 34K. Isn't that REALLY good for rookies? Omg in 2014 they had an album that sold 100K???? They were doing well since debut. How is that gradual?
Somehow, but they almost disbanded during N.O era, they used their managers' cars and their managers acted in Run and I need you because they didn't aford to hire someone else and well, BTS debut was in 2013, but before I need you they had lots of others title tracks, but no one got a win in any music show. It took them 2 years to get first win
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I mean the industry itself is structured in a way that only lets their products thrive so yeah. Still, there are different companies with different degrees of influence, some BTS stans do overplay how "nugu" BigHit was , but for me you can still be organic if you go from a not so big agency to being a top group through whatever means- variety skills, visuals, music etc. It was the members' appeal that brought in fans, so I wouldn't consider it that inorganic really.

Organic success isn't just about music to me, it's the whole thing- how the agency implements its strategy, how the members get popular, and so on. It's only when groups get pre-debut stans because of their seniors or company that I find it "inorganic" but I don't have a problem with either.
I honestly just don't understand the term tbh
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I honestly just don't understand the term tbh
It's so overused it doesn't really mean anything rn tbh. Just a deprecating term.

It's just for me that if the members and agency are promoting themselves well like they're supposed to, that's organic enough for me. But that doesn't make it better than "inorganic" success.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Somehow, but they almost disbanded during N.O era, they used their managers' cars and their managers acted in Run and I need you because they didn't aford to hire someone else and well, BTS debut was in 2013, but before I need you they had lots of others title tracks, but no one got a win in any music show. It took them 2 years to get first win
Wow well that is sad considering it took GFriend two national hits before they could start selling like BTS did in their debut year. I mean album sales make way more money than digitals so maybe BTS were gonna disband for another reason? I highly doubt it was because of financial reasons.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid and yeji

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Yeah omg they promoted the shit out of themselves, back in the day. There wasn't a variety show they weren't on.
Pretty much proves my point XD

I've seen the word 'organic' so many times now, I'm tired of looking at word :wimwim:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkyoda47

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Somehow, but they almost disbanded during N.O era, they used their managers' cars and their managers acted in Run and I need you because they didn't aford to hire someone else and well, BTS debut was in 2013, but before I need you they had lots of others title tracks, but no one got a win in any music show. It took them 2 years to get first win
I think BTS is more of a phenomenon than organic
No one will ever be able to do it like then
Especially when you consider their success in the west, which is most what people mean by "organic success"
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47 and yeji
Joined
25 April 2019
Messages
6,439
Reactions Received
3,087
Location
Temple of the Cult of Yoshinori
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,833
Success without using pesticides, antibiotics, or fertilizers.

Lame joke.

The definition for "organic" they are probably referring to is either the financial one or "characterized by continuous or natural development." Imo there's no natural development in kpop. Some of it is continuous but none of it is natural. Recently a group debuted where they were referred to little seeds who needed fans to provide them fertilizer to grow. Kpop is inorganic. Closest thing you can get to "organic" in the music business is an independent unsigned artist with no corporate sponsors and thereforea starving artist.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,476
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I would think more traditional ie not social media or survival show driven.

MMM
gfriend
Apink
even big acts like say
Snsd
RV
WG
tara
kara
21 even though they seem to get a different subset that those above.

its not about how soon but the method. Did they appeal to just a core group or more of a natural music/tv expansion to general success.
bg i an not familiar enough with to really say but maybe.
infinite 2pm 2am botb

But a case can be made that social media driven is the new 'natural' way i guess.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread