COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

TV Ever watched kdrama dubbed? (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I was surprised to find that this is option on Netflix (at least for some shows). I tried eng dub but it just felt off :haylul: the dwlivery was so different than what I'm used to with kdramas

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Now we can all fall asleep to k-dramas :lisalaugh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I was surprised to find that this is option on Netflix (at least for some shows). I tried eng dub but it just felt off :haylul: the dwlivery was so different than what I'm used to with kdramas
Let me see.... *goes and pulls up random k-drama with eng dub* I can't really describe this. I feels like they pulled some people off the street. They all have either flat affect or are newish to voice acting. I'd say it seems forced, but... its worse than that.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
@blueberries But even if the voice acting was good I would still prefer to hear the sound of Korean in a K-Drama

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Let me see.... *goes and pulls up random k-drama with eng dub* I can't really describe this. I feels like they pulled some people off the street. They all have either flat affect or are newish to voice acting. I'd say it seems forced, but... its worse than that.
i'm watching vincenzo so i just wanted to try how it would sound.. it wasn't good. Even the volume seems different, but they kept the italian parts from the original so the main character is speaking with two different voices and volumes :jisoosmh: it's just not natural at all it sounds dubbed

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
@blueberries But even if the voice acting was good I would still prefer to hear the sound of Korean in a K-Drama
same, i rarely watch dubbed stuff. part of the feeling of the show is watching it with original voice acting. disney films are almost only thing i watch dubbed

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
same, i rarely watch dubbed stuff. part of the feeling of the show is watching it with original voice acting. disney films are almost only thing i watch dubbed
The only thing that I can watch dubbed is anime. and while some is cringey it does carry and you are able to get adjusted to it, unlike dubbing of live acting stuff like this. lol. Like when I finally continue the Seven Deadly Sins Anime I likely will use the dub since its not bad and its easier to binge when its in my native language. lol

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
The only thing that I can watch dubbed is anime. and while some is cringey it does carry and you are able to get adjusted to it, unlike dubbing of live acting stuff like this. lol. Like when I finally continue the Seven Deadly Sins Anime I likely will use the dub since its not bad and its easier to binge when its in my native language. lol
i'm not big on anime dubs either. well i prefer watching pokemon either with english or finnish dub cause i'm not used to japanese names of the pokemons and characters. and there is couple dubs that are as good, madoka magica's dub is one i like i think they nailed some va choices. but overall i still prefer sub 95% of time.

And it does seem like they put less qualtiy in kdrama dubbing than in anime, idk why netflix even attempted it if this the level of quality :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
And it does seem like they put less qualtiy in kdrama dubbing than in anime, idk why netflix even attempted it if this the level of quality :jisoosmh:
Maybe it would help if they knew korean too... Like. For the next dubbed drama lets just get Somi and her dad to do the dubbing :lisalaugh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
No in fact i think the only k drama i have watched is the songs from joys.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Maybe it would help if they knew korean too... Like. For the next dubbed drama lets just get Somi and her dad to do the dubbing :lisalaugh:
Itd help, nth is worse than horrible pronounciation of names!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread