TV Ever watched kdrama dubbed? (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I was surprised to find that this is option on Netflix (at least for some shows). I tried eng dub but it just felt off :haylul: the dwlivery was so different than what I'm used to with kdramas
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I was surprised to find that this is option on Netflix (at least for some shows). I tried eng dub but it just felt off :haylul: the dwlivery was so different than what I'm used to with kdramas
Let me see.... *goes and pulls up random k-drama with eng dub* I can't really describe this. I feels like they pulled some people off the street. They all have either flat affect or are newish to voice acting. I'd say it seems forced, but... its worse than that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
@blueberries But even if the voice acting was good I would still prefer to hear the sound of Korean in a K-Drama
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Let me see.... *goes and pulls up random k-drama with eng dub* I can't really describe this. I feels like they pulled some people off the street. They all have either flat affect or are newish to voice acting. I'd say it seems forced, but... its worse than that.
i'm watching vincenzo so i just wanted to try how it would sound.. it wasn't good. Even the volume seems different, but they kept the italian parts from the original so the main character is speaking with two different voices and volumes :jisoosmh: it's just not natural at all it sounds dubbed
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
@blueberries But even if the voice acting was good I would still prefer to hear the sound of Korean in a K-Drama
same, i rarely watch dubbed stuff. part of the feeling of the show is watching it with original voice acting. disney films are almost only thing i watch dubbed
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
same, i rarely watch dubbed stuff. part of the feeling of the show is watching it with original voice acting. disney films are almost only thing i watch dubbed
The only thing that I can watch dubbed is anime. and while some is cringey it does carry and you are able to get adjusted to it, unlike dubbing of live acting stuff like this. lol. Like when I finally continue the Seven Deadly Sins Anime I likely will use the dub since its not bad and its easier to binge when its in my native language. lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The only thing that I can watch dubbed is anime. and while some is cringey it does carry and you are able to get adjusted to it, unlike dubbing of live acting stuff like this. lol. Like when I finally continue the Seven Deadly Sins Anime I likely will use the dub since its not bad and its easier to binge when its in my native language. lol
i'm not big on anime dubs either. well i prefer watching pokemon either with english or finnish dub cause i'm not used to japanese names of the pokemons and characters. and there is couple dubs that are as good, madoka magica's dub is one i like i think they nailed some va choices. but overall i still prefer sub 95% of time.

And it does seem like they put less qualtiy in kdrama dubbing than in anime, idk why netflix even attempted it if this the level of quality :jisoosmh:
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
And it does seem like they put less qualtiy in kdrama dubbing than in anime, idk why netflix even attempted it if this the level of quality :jisoosmh:
Maybe it would help if they knew korean too... Like. For the next dubbed drama lets just get Somi and her dad to do the dubbing :lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Maybe it would help if they knew korean too... Like. For the next dubbed drama lets just get Somi and her dad to do the dubbing :lisalaugh:
Itd help, nth is worse than horrible pronounciation of names!
 
  • Like
Reactions: raymondchouku

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread