COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Solo HUA HUA THE MARTIAN BOY (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Basic Information

Hua Chenyu, also known as Hua Hua, is a Chinese singer and songwriter. Hua Chenyu is widely known for his powerful vocal abilities, dramatic stage performances and talents in composing and arranging. He rose to fame after winning the 2013 Super Boy singing contest produced by Hunan TV, China. He is often recognized as one of the most influential singer-songwriters under 30 in China.

Biography

Hua Chenyu was born on February 7, 1990. His parents divorced when he was young and he lived with his father who owned a silver-mining company. But due to his father always being away to expand his business, Hua Chenyu spent most of his childhood growing up with nannies. It was during this time of loneliness that he found an interest in music. He learned to play the flute, piano, guitar, drums as well as the traditional Chinese instrument erhu. He wrote his first song at the age of twelve after mastering the piano.

In 2013, Hua Chenyu auditioned for the Superboy singing competition (after being lured with the promise of free food) and auditioned with his own self-written song called "A Song with No Words". Just as it's title suggests, “A Song with No Words” has no lyrics and composes of only varied forms of humming. His audition gained him the title of "Martian boy" by Chinese media and a genius by the judges on the show. He passed the audition and even won the entire competition. This earned him a record deal with EE-Media.

Debut and Success

After winning the Superboy competition in 2013, Hua Chenyu gained himself a large and dedicated fanbase.

On June 28, tickets to his debut concert, Mars Concert 2014, sold out in a record time of 1 minute and 35 seconds. Due to the high demand, an additional date was added and the tickets for the additional date broke his original record and sold out for 1 minute and 32 seconds. On September 6 (before his debut album even dropped), his debut concert was broadcasted on Mango TV and amassed more than 400,000 online viewers, which also set a new record for the highest number of viewers of a celebrity concert in China. Over 120,000 online-viewing tickets were sold, which was recorded to be the most tickets sold for a celebrity concert in China. He sold over 10,000 tickets for the first day alone, making him the first mainland singer of this generation to hold concerts in a large arena.
He now has his Mars concerts annually in mutiple cities around China.

On September 12, 2014, Hua Chenyu released his debut album, Quasimodo’s Gift, to critical acclaim. The overseas version of the album stayed at the top of Taiwan’s 5music sales chart for several weeks and had ranked at the top 1 in the Jingdong Top 100 Annual Sales Chart (Music). The On November 24, his episode on the music show Hi Song was broadcasted. His song “Spring (春)” went on to win the Hi Song of the Year award. He released his second physical album in December, 2014.

Information source: (1) & (2)

Last edited:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
DISCOGRAPHY
click on images to listen

Full Albums

----

Singles, OSTS & Special Releases

- - -

cr. Up/Closed

Last edited:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
FILMOGRAPHY

Last edited:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
AWARDS

• 6th Top Chinese Music Chart Break-Through New Artist Award – "Most Popular Male Singer" (2013)
    • 2013 Weibo Awards Ceremony – "Stars of the Year"
    • 21st ERC Chinese Top Ten Awards – "Best New Singer" (2014)
    • 15th Chinese Music Media Award – "Most Notable Male Singer"(2014)
    • 2014 Weibo Awards Ceremony – "Spotlight of the Year"
    • 22nd ERC Chinese Top Ten Awards – "Best Album Performance", "Most Popular Album", "Best Album Production", "People's Choice – Male Singer" (2015)
    • 15th Top Chinese Music Awards – "Most Popular Male Singer (Mainland)", "Best Album (Mainland) – Quasimodo's Gift" (2015)
    • Chinese Music Radio Awards – "Most Popular New Artist", "Golden Songs – Let You Go", "Best Composer – Quasimodo's Gift" (2015)
    • 2015 Weibo Awards Ceremony – "Most Popular Male Musician", "Freshasia Music 2015 Most Wins"
    • 2016 Ali Music Annual Awards – "Most Popular Artist of the Year, "Most Popular Album of the Year – Aliens", "Most Popular Song of the Year – Mayfly", "Pop Album of the Year (Mandarin) – Aliens"
    • 23nd ERC Chinese Top Ten Awards – "Best Concept Album", "Best Vocal Collaboration – Kings and Paupers", "Media Recommendation", "People's Choice – Male Singer" (2016)
    • 2016 KU Music Asian Music Awards – "Album of the Year", "Most Influential Singer of the Year"
    • 16th Top Chinese Music Awards – "Best Album – Aliens" (2016)
    • 2016 LeEco Night Awards – "Most Popular Singer"
    • 2016 Freshasia Music Awards – "Best Male Singer"
    • 18th Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) – "Best Asian Artist – China" (2016)
    • 2016 Netease Attitude Awards – "Musician with Attitude"
    • 24th ERC Chinese Top Ten Awards – "Best Adapted Song – My Skateboard Shoes 2016"
    • 2017 Tencent Video Cstar Awards – "VIP's Choice – Best Singer"
    • 2018 iQiyi All-Star Carnival – "Best Male Singer"

Last edited:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
reserved

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I have made it my goal to turn at least one person into a Martian. I don't understand how such a talented person can have such little international attention... but then again, China sucks at promoting internationally so it makes sense but EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOVE HUA CHENYU.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Pure. Talent.
:pandalove:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
@ReadMyFanfic2 I'm tagging you because you're the only other person I know who actually likes Hua Chenyu

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
U know i like hua chenyu? Who were u on akp? Lol also thank u :pandalove:
oMGOSH YOU DON'T KNOW WHO I AM... I kind of want to keep it that way :P

Joke joke, I'm Suzan on AKP. You're literally the only other HCY fan I know T_T I'm hoping to turn at least one more person. It's so lonely.
Don't ask about the username here, I cringe every time I see it

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm so bad to guess these kinds of things, unless the username was the same I had to ask every single person, I could not learn the identity through guessing
Also yessss I do want to have more people appriciate him (I can't even get my teacher too)
I was more surprised because everyone seems to have known lol. I was happy there was someone who didn't know (yet). Also there's a thread asking everyone for their old usernames :P

He seems super popular in China though so that's good at least. I just wish there was more international attention on him. He's so amazing~

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Of course, he is popular I did not mean to make it sound like he is not, just meant my teacher is a rap person and she said she liked his stuff but that he got surgery and is to much of a flower boy for her now
But it's not like his talents disappeared because of his surgery... :(

But I guess personal preference. I'm just glad he has a dedicated enough following to translate stuff for us i-fans.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I know :(

He does? That's good! I thought you were Chinese?
Me? Nope. I mean, that sure would make stanning Hua Chenyu a lot easier but I'm not which is why I need those translators.
My nationality is Autralian and my ethnicity is Turkish.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I can't stop listening to We Are All Lonely today. 🙁

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
And why did they delete all of his music off of Spotify and Apple Music for?! I hope they upload them back up again someday

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
My favorite dork 🤣

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Hua Chen Yu for CHIC Magazine

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Hua Chenyu Jackdaw Boy and The Vanishing Yesterday - Mars Concert 2018, Beijing

He actually performed it. :pandalove:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

TALENT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread