Comeback I've been waiting all year for Red Velvet and this is what I've got?! (1 Viewer)

Favourite song from The Reve Festival Day 1?


  • Total voters
    21

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
All of these negative comments that I've seen about Bad Boy :pandacop:


Where can we look at your most listened ones list ?


If only I could combine my listens on Google Play, Spotify and Youtube.....

Oooo how does get into the his tag list
Added :sanapray:

You never know what you are gonna get with RV, One minute you get one style of music, next minute, you get another style, next minute after that you get another style and the minute after that, you get another style.
Like, where does it end?
I really like their new title track but they have so many different types of music it is really confusing.
If they were marketers, they'd be all over the place and wouldn't be selling to anyone because it's like they are trying to sell to everyone.

Yes, I like this group in general, but I just can't get into them even though I want to.
This is exactly what makes Red Velvet appealing to so many people though. Because they aren't going for the cute concept. Nor are they going for the girl crush or sexy concepts.
They've set their own style and you never know what you're going to get from them. This is why I love them (and also why other Luvies love them)
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
You never know what you are gonna get with RV, One minute you get one style of music, next minute, you get another style, next minute after that you get another style and the minute after that, you get another style.
Like, where does it end?
I really like their new title track but they have so many different types of music it is really confusing.
If they were marketers, they'd be all over the place and wouldn't be selling to anyone because it's like they are trying to sell to everyone.

Yes, I like this group in general, but I just can't get into them even though I want to.
Just go through their long list of B-sides and you'll find the songs that are just right for you. As you state, Red Velvet has done songs in so many styles.

Well, except for heavy metal. Red Velvet hasn't done metal. At least not yet. Maybe in 2021.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
This is exactly what makes Red Velvet appealing to so many people though. Because they aren't going for the cute concept. Nor are they going for the girl crush or sexy concepts.
They've set their own style and you never know what you're going to get from them. This is why I love them (and also why other Luvies love them)
Yes, that is true, but usually, you would try to find out own sound even if you do a variety of styles, you should still have that distinct sound to separate yourselves from the rest of the pack.
I don't see that with RV and to me, they seem like they are trying to do everything at once.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
Just go through their long list of B-sides and you'll find the songs that are just right for you. As you state, Red Velvet has done songs in so many styles.

Well, except for heavy metal. Red Velvet hasn't done metal. At least not yet. Maybe in 2021.
I have a Red Velvet playlist on spotify, and since they have such a big discography, I have to keep scrolling for the songs I like :yolk:
I'd be pissed off if they did metal or a hard rock type of concept.
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I love it

I wasn't a big fan of the chanting parts in the title, but the rest of it was good. I've also only heard Sunny Side Up from the rest of the album so far, but it's freaking amazing
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I don’t like the title track at all. After the first chorus I didn’t want to finish the song. :/
The mv was pretty cool though.

I just listened to Sunny Side Up and it’s not bad. I’m gonna continue to listen to the album though to see what bsides I like.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Out of the three summer minis, this one is probably my least favourite. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad album, just not my fave. Bing Bing and Parade are my faves, they’re already in my RV Spotify playlist.
I would say that it's almost impossible to beat The Red Summer's quality :maheart:

Yes, that is true, but usually, you would try to find out own sound even if you do a variety of styles, you should still have that distinct sound to separate yourselves from the rest of the pack.
I don't see that with RV and to me, they seem like they are trying to do everything at once.
From my own perspective though Red Velvet are already doing that. They have their own distinct style and it doesn't matter what song you listen to, you can notice the Red Velvet colours within the songs.

Their way of doing things is what sets them apart from other groups and imo RV are the only group who are capable of pulling off the discography that they have.

I love it

I wasn't a big fan of the chanting parts in the title, but the rest of it was good. I've also only heard Sunny Side Up from the rest of the album so far, but it's freaking amazing
You should check out the rest of the album. Especially Bing Bing and Parade :sj_weary:
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
You should check out the rest of the album. Especially Bing Bing and Parade :sj_weary:
I'm listening to the rest of the album right now and oh my :sj_weary:
Parade and Sunny Side Up are probably my favorites from the ep
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I don’t want to say SM peaked too early with The Red Summer but they kinda did.

To know there’ll be day 2 and 3 albums though is exciting, I’m looking forward to them.
I am praying that Day 3 will be a Christmas album :sanapray: You have no idea about just how much I want a RV Christmas album :yolk:

Wait, how do you see your most listened to on Spotify?
I'm not sure either. I only know how to look it up on google play
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I am praying that Day 3 will be a Christmas album :sanapray: You have no idea about just how much I want a RV Christmas album :yolk:
Winter is very much EXO’s thing, but you might be in luck. Xiumin and D.O. are in enlistment mode, and Suho has to go too this year because of the law changes. That might open the door for an RV one, which would be nice as Wish Tree is such a cute song.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Winter is very much EXO’s thing, but you might be in luck. Xiumin and D.O. are in enlistment mode, and Suho has to go too this year because of the law changes. That might open the door for an RV one, which would be nice as Wish Tree is such a cute song.
SCREW THE BOY GROUPS!! :pandamad: I mean. I hope that SM will be kind and give us a Red Velvet Christmas album. Especially as Wish Tree was a lovely song. And you never know what concept you'll get from the girls. Would it be a Velvet Christmas comeback? Would it be a cheesy pop Christmas comeback? Or will SM hire Tim Burton to direct a creepy Nightmare Before Christmas comeback?
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
SCREW THE BOY GROUPS!! :pandamad: I mean. I hope that SM will be kind and give us a Red Velvet Christmas album. Especially as Wish Tree was a lovely song. And you never know what concept you'll get from the girls. Would it be a Velvet Christmas comeback? Would it be a cheesy pop Christmas comeback? Or will SM hire Tim Burton to direct a creepy Nightmare Before Christmas comeback?
TTS have had a winter mini, so SM aren’t against giving their girl groups them. If you campaign for a Red Velvet one then I shall support you :pandacop:
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
TTS have had a winter mini, so SM aren’t against giving their girl groups them. If you campaign for a Red Velvet one then I shall support you :pandacop:
And Taeyeon also had a Christmas album that did well.

and if SM doesn't give us one, we'll riot!
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I am praying that Day 3 will be a Christmas album :sanapray: You have no idea about just how much I want a RV Christmas album :yolk:
I'm hoping Day 3 is released on August 1 (RV's 5th anniversary) and that we get a separate RV Christmas mini.

Winter is very much EXO’s thing, but you might be in luck. Xiumin and D.O. are in enlistment mode, and Suho has to go too this year because of the law changes. That might open the door for an RV one, which would be nice as Wish Tree is such a cute song.
TTS also released a Christmas EP. I think RV can release something similar.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread