My Fellow AKP Refugees... Now Citizens (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I didn’t even know what was going on when I was quoting him, I found out later that he was permanently banning everyone lol. But it was worth it, he was never there to monitor his damn forum until people started getting riled up.

That’s how I feel. Honestly, there are some people who I have no regret calling out but to be fair those were recent, so I didn’t regret any of that but my older stuff ... yeah I feel bad for acting that way towards some people that I actually liked. That site changes people whether they realize it or not unfortunately.

I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with the minion or YGs biggest anti .. whew wee I’m glad I’m here. :sanapray:
That wasnt rly best Time to get into it, lot of people were getting banned and Forum was melting down xd

Im kinda surprised im not banned over my replies there. Maybe i managed to sound polite enough xd
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
I mainly lurked on there. Y'all legit had me scared to comment on that site, smh. When I go back now, it's like a skeleton with some of the meat and gristle stubbornly hanging on.

While lurking, I think @Golden_Wishes dropped the link to KPS and I was like...welp, lemme try this place. And here I am. So thank you GW, so much love! I love it here.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
What makes me sad is that AKP was important to me, which is a miracle considering the owner, but the previous mods made the site work somehow even with the bullies and stalkers.

Then the head mod took over in a nasty way, welp.

As it is now I wouldn't be sad if the site just vanished, I'd even make a party.
I don't think it's fixable anymore.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
What makes me sad is that AKP was important to me, which is a miracle considering the owner, but the previous mods made the site work somehow even with the bullies and stalkers.

Then the head mod took over in a nasty way, welp.

As it is now I wouldn't be sad if the site just vanished, I'd even make a party.
I don't think it's fixable anymore.
Please invite me to the party ~
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I don't visit akp much anymore. If I do go on and check out a few threads, I just get annoyed again and click out of the tabs lol. It's a lot nicer here. :/
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I don't miss AKP for every reason people have said in this thread. It's a nasty place to be and is as much of a gimmick forum as OH.

I occasionally check the news page and forum on AKP, laugh at the ridiculous hate BP gets over there and some of the troll threads that still gets posted about all things K-pop and leave. It's pitiful beyond words on AKP.

KPS is something special to be honest. It's chill, fun and operated VERY well. No group gets hate, all users are mature and pretty much everyone is positive about K-pop here. I think this is something that will last as there are so many users here that actually won't stand for needless hate and the mods seem to dislike such negative attitudes as well. It's fine to have an "opinion", but too much of it in a negative way just brings the mood of the forum down and so far, such negativity is VERY rare here. So like I said, KPS is special and it seems we won't stand for such needless aggravation from anyone.

So thanks KPS admins, mods and users for making this forum a great place to be. Seems like we have built a foundation of what this forum should always be. Chill and Fun! Hopefully all new users in the future learn this and joins us with that in mind!
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't miss AKP for every reason people have said in this thread. It's a nasty place to be and is as much of a gimmick forum as OH.

I occasionally check the news page and forum on AKP, laugh at the ridiculous hate BP gets over there and some of the troll threads that still gets posted about all things K-pop and leave. It's pitiful beyond words on AKP.

KPS is something special to be honest. It's chill, fun and operated VERY well. No group gets hate, all users are mature and pretty much everyone is positive about K-pop here. I think this is something that will last as there are so many users here that actually won't stand for needless hate and the mods seem to dislike such negative attitudes as well. It's fine to have an "opinion", but too much of it in a negative way just brings the mood of the forum down and so far, such negativity is VERY rare here. So like I said, KPS is special and it seems we won't stand for such needless aggravation from anyone.

So thanks KPS admins, mods and users for making this forum a great place to be. Seems like we have built a foundation of what this forum should always be. Chill and Fun! Hopefully all new users in the future learn this and joins us with that in mind!
Well said :)
 
Joined
15 March 2019
Messages
1,777
Reactions Received
6,501
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Gender
Male
What do you think of KPS? Do you miss the drama (be honest)? Do you ever go back to visit the site, simply out of habit or because you wanna see the other 10,000 ways to shit on BlackPink and Blinks?
-
As for me, during the first month, I admit, I did go back to visit AKP quite often (at least three times a week, maybe?) whenever it got dead here or because I wanted to keep up with the drama lol. However, since the end of March, I can proudly say that I haven't gone back to the site in WEEKS. Although, it may not seem like a big deal, it is to me because it means I've finally moved on.
-
What about you guys?
-
Tagging a few new fellow citizens
@BritishLuvie @Ozymandias @Golden_Wishes @Dopamine @Jennie @winwinlucas123 @Pigeon @JungkooksWife @Abeamus @Bopper @Riasama @Peach​
I'll never abandon you Yoda unnie :pandalove:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
What makes me sad is that AKP was important to me, which is a miracle considering the owner, but the previous mods made the site work somehow even with the bullies and stalkers.

Then the head mod took over in a nasty way, welp.

As it is now I wouldn't be sad if the site just vanished, I'd even make a party.
I don't think it's fixable anymore.
It does mean to me a lot too, I have been around forever. And since the place has gone through a lot, there has been changes, but it has persevered I thought it would happen this time too. But idk now, it doesn't seem like AKP is interested of keeping the place up lot longer or that's what I have gathered anyways. There is supposed to be new rules, but it has been months and months without any chances being made and I don't even get what they could change to make place better. Of course there is tweaking to do, but mods have done that time to time in the past anyways, I have no idea what this supposed overhaul is going to be and what it's supposed to accomplish. I'm just kinda shaking my head with whole thing. I don't want to see akp going away really, but it doesn't seem like lot of positive stuff is going around. I'm really just expecting admins to close forum side since they already have discussion threads now on article side and have changed that to community driven instead of journalist driven.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I am still active on both, but a bit more active on here.

Some threads I only post on one forum, depending if they will or won't fit the other.

For example most of my BTS threads stay on this site only, since on here I won't get yelled at for making a thread about them while not being a fan
My threads that are a little more on the toxic side stay AKP only.

And then there are some threads I make on a whim aswell. Those stay only on the site that I post them on first too.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I def don't miss that ish, I only see fighting and I don't want my blood to boil. It's worse than before. Plus all the new people that joined.. yikes
Wow did it really get worse? Hard to believe lol.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I love it here. Honestly, I joined AKP because I wanted to discuss K-Pop and make some friends with similar interests. That all happened but there was the condition of being surrounded by constant toxicity. So I'm glad I can have discussions and make friends here without the toxicity attached. I'm really happy here and I hope the forum behaviour/environment always stays this mature and nice.

AKP: When I first joined here (November), AKP was still my main forum so I would still be there daily. Since I left AKP though (January?) I have only gone back once and that was to pm someone. And aside from that one time, I haven't visited there once. Which is interesting because the first thing I would ever do when I woke up was check the forums. I still do that now but now it's the KPS forum I'm checking. AKP doesn't even cross my mind anymore unless someone mentions it now even though it was always a big part of my K-Pop journey.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
I left akp last year after seeing most threads there regarding groups were always full of negative comments & i was looking around at other options but i can't find any. I believe a forum should be a place for healthy and positive discussion, a place to have fun while doing that so thus began my journey to form this place, it was a lot of hard work, sleep & coffee but i am proud of what we have achieved so far, im happy our users are very active for our small size but i hope we will grow even further in the coming years.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread