Reality [Official] Queendom Thread (1 Viewer)

Who do you want to win?

  • AOA

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • (G)I-dle

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Lovelyz

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Mamamoo

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Oh My Girl

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Park Bom

    Votes: 3 10.3%

  • Total voters
    29

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Is it just me or do the performances have quite lot of lipsyching going on? I heard people saying that Park Bom's lipsynched parts were awkward, then realized that AOA didn't sing everything live either and now GIDLE had quite large portions lipsynched. It's starting to pull my opinions down on these performances, Mnet can u stop..

Also i'm rly confused why Lovelyz didn't perform Oh my girls song, like wasn't that the mission :sanathink:


Ranking the performances and opinions:

1. AOA- Egotistic: I think this performance was most impressive. AOA come out hard first week, but they went even further this week starting from Jimin's rap to sexy suits and ending up with drag queens. I somehow preferred instrumental of songs to original which helps.

2. Oh My Girl - Destiny: i rly love historical concepts like this, the song isn't most my style i have to admit, but all the dance and rap breaks were great additions. Overall looked beautiful. Only minus is that the song just isn't my type at all :jisoosmh:

3. G-IDLE- Fire: Another good version of great song, I loved homage to Dara's pineapple hair. But since I can't put help to compare to original- i'm rly used to 2NE1 always performing live they very rarely do lipsynching at all so that was bothering me with some parts i felt like energy was suffering cause of it. Soyeon did slay her parts though, performed it like 2NE1 would.

3. Park Bom- Hann: There was some awkwarness during the performance, but loved the concept and Bom's voice with it, this is the song I will be listening most. Loved what they did to Hann, I rly like Hann as song, but this is better. I would love to hear GIDLE releasing this ver of Hann as well.

5. Mamamoo- Good Luck: Like some others I thought this was too disjointed and instead of making song better the version was worse. It's nice to have individual parts, but to me they lasted too long and I was just hoping them to get back together to perform it- i rly enjoyed the part where they did.

6. Lovelyz- Sixth Sense : It still feels like Lovelyz is cosplaying, the dancing and expressions is on most of time, but their vocals just aren't intense enough for the song it feels like cute girl group trying to perform prettily girl crush group's song which it is. Some things about it were good like the start was amazing, but it just isn't concept and song they can quite pull off.

Overall I find it rly hard to rank the performances though since I don't know what i should go for xd It's not only merit of artist if the instrumental turns out to be good or lackluster, but ofc if I like the song it will influence how i feel about the performance and would i watch it again or not.

I feel like i was bit mean and critical with these- i did enjoy all the performances :jisoosmh:
Lovelyz won a penalty game that allowed them to choose any song to cover and they picked Sixth Sense.
 
Joined
27 May 2019
Messages
366
Reactions Received
489
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Also i'm rly confused why Lovelyz didn't perform Oh my girls song, like wasn't that the mission
Lovelyz won a penalty game
Game itself is included into Episode 4.
why was it "penalty" game? I've seen these words too, but don't got meaning.
It is probably this from 0:44 in this yet unsubbed clip .
Atm I associate word "penalty" only with penalty which Mnet specifically designed for
contestant with two 6th places in a row and (G)I-DLE probably won't be 6th
given their popularity and also Lovelyz actually received more criticism for their performance.

maybe "game process" was penalty, but for what? For round1 6th place?
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Game itself is included into Episode 4.
why was it "penalty" game? I've seen these words too, but don't got meaning.
It is probably this from 0:44 in this yet unsubbed clip .
Atm I associate word "penalty" only with penalty which Mnet specifically designed for
contestant with two 6th places in a row and (G)I-DLE probably won't be 6th
given their popularity and also Lovelyz actually received more criticism for their performance.

maybe "game process" was penalty, but for what? For round1 6th place?
I think cause of Lovelyz placing 6th from the 1st round yeah and I guess they would either be punished if they lost the game or given a reward if they won.

Lovelyz are definitely in a worrying situation but I don't seriously think Mnet will eliminate them and they have something planned in order for them to stay in for the final round while just using this for some drama.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Also checked Soompis article on the performances and a part of it says "Hyojung, who had shown tears at the first rankings announcement, shared her resolve for the cover battle. She said, “I want to show them this time how scary our presence can be.” " so now I know to never make Hyojung angry
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,784
Reactions Received
93,565
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
191,016
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Well i have watched the ones i would have some interest in and this show is not for me at all.

OMG i liked the Oriental feel with the strings and scarves. Well executed. unlikely to watch again. I did like the mission part with them eating lemons.
Lovelyz dramatically different concept well executed. Not a song i liked in the first place also unlikely to watch again.
AoA could not finish Jimins part with out the other girls to distract me i disliked her voice enough to not continue.
MMM I made it past all 4's solo intro portion and into the grouping up part and was done.

idle why bother its what they do already and i have yet to like it.
bom just do not care.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Lovelyz won a penalty game that allowed them to choose any song to cover and they picked Sixth Sense.
That seems just so unnecessary though, if the mission is to cover song from another group it feels missed opportunity to not to do that. Sucks for OMG whose song didn't get adapted, sucks for viewers who were anticipating.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
That seems just so unnecessary though, if the mission is to cover song from another group it feels missed opportunity to not to do that. Sucks for OMG whose song didn't get adapted, sucks for viewers who were anticipating.
Would've worked out better for Lovelyz too as being compared to Brown Eyed Girls is doing them no favours.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Would've worked out better for Lovelyz too as being compared to Brown Eyed Girls is doing them no favours.
They probably were happy about Sixth sense since they want to change their image a bit, but it's not just working out for them. :jisoosmh:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
They probably were happy about Sixth sense since they want to change their image a bit, but it's not just working out for them. :jisoosmh:
In the Soompi article one of the members talked about getting to cover Sixth Sense and she said they didn't want to cover Oh My Girl because they felt their concepts overlap.

I also saw a Lovelinus on Twitter tweet out before the episode that they were afraid of the hate Lovelyz could get if Lovelyz ranked higher with Sixth Sense than Oh My Girl with Destiny... didn't age well it seems.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Also in case anyone is interested Queendom have been releasing studio versions of the covers which only 3 managed to chart in the top 100 on Melon being AOAs, Mamamoos and Oh My Girls
 

HopeOnTheStreet

⚜ Hopin' around ⚜
.
Joined
12 July 2019
Messages
577
Reactions Received
2,804
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Lovelyz and IDLE got last 2 places because they had to cover iconic songs and the comparisons with the originals didn't do them any favors. I feel like they got played by the nostalgia logic.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Lovelyz and IDLE got last 2 places because they had to cover iconic songs and the comparisons with the originals didn't do them any favors. I feel like they got played by the nostalgia logic.
Their performances weren't bad but I feel like they didn't match the song which made the whole performance feel off
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Also in case anyone is interested Queendom have been releasing studio versions of the covers which only 3 managed to chart in the top 100 on Melon being AOAs, Mamamoos and Oh My Girls
Bom's charted domestically on Bugs and internationally on Itunes.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I like performances from all of them- Mamamoo, AOA and Bom. It's rly hard to say which one I prefer, I feel like they all had some good things goes for them and then some I wasn't 100% behind.

Park Bom: I felt as song this one was best. Hann does match Bom's vocals really well and the instrumental remix they made was rly good, I think i even prefer it to original. I heard it's doing rly good on itunes and no wonder. In other hand the performance wasn't perfect, there was some issues with vocals at times (some parts appeared lipsynched too) and bit of awkwardness. Though i did love styling and how the stage was build, direction was good.

AOA: They kept doing what they did last ep, lot of sexy charisma and presence on stage. Women in suits is never bad theme, Seolhyun especially looked stunning. Playing with gender roles was fun and they had big surprise with drag queens coming on stage. I feel like this was pretty balanced as performance.

Mamamoo: They went hardest on performance and bringing something new to it, showing all their individual skills. Solar's sequence was probably my favorite solo one, but I did like Wheein's too. Solar with bow was just too sexy xd In other hand what i didn't like about this one is that what they come up doesn't rly work as song, it's not sth you would listen on it's own- you need the performance to go with it.

I guess i have to go with middle option and say I liked AOA's best, the mix of song and the performance xd

Ofc, it will be interesting next ep to see gidle, lovelyz and oh my girl.
I believe all of them lipped but Bom was the most noticeable because she's really awful at it. :nekosweat:
I don't have any issue with lipsync on this case, since (I think) was done to avoid mistakes with the lyrics.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I believe all of them lipped but Bom was the most noticeable because she's really awful at it. :nekosweat:
I don't have any issue with lipsync on this case, since (I think) was done to avoid mistakes with the lyrics.
I hate lipsyching so everytime i notice it it's just big minus for me :jisoosmh:

I think GIDLE's at parts was noticeable as well, but then again it was noticeable when they sang live same with Bom i think (i don't think everything was lipsynched just bulk of it).
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread