COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News SEUNGRI'S SCANDAL UPDATE: THE KAKO TALKS WERE REAL.... (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
So basically it is being reported the reason why Seungri was changed to a suspect was because the police discovered the Kako talks with Seungri and others about prostitution was in fact real and not made up by the press.

He is a "suspect with evidence." Seungri is reportedly being charged with being a pimp/ broker for prostitution.

While there is no official police statement from the police behind the reasoning, the police announced he is a suspect after obtaining search warrants and
executing searches.

I also just want to say, this is a serious charge with police backed evidence. Even if you are VIP or Seungri stan you have to listen to what is going on.

EDIT: I'M NOT MAKING JUDGEMENT BUT I'M JUST TRYING TO GIVE UPDATED INFORMATION AND TELL PEOPLE HOW SERIOUS THIS IS. IF ANYTHING I HOPE SEUNGRI IS INNOCENT AS HE IS MY FIRST ULTIMATE BIAS IN KPOP.

UPDATE: THESE ARE KOREAN SOURCES VERIFYING THAT THE KAKO TALKS ARE CONFIRMED TO BE REAL AND INVOLVING SEUNGRI.

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
There hasn't yet been police statement that this is the case though, so far the evidence they have had has been excel file they couldn't authenticate and I haven't heard Seungri being charged either, instead of him being suspect and recently being banned for leaving the country. This can be development of the case, but I don't think there is yet official sources that it is? The video was released yesterday and must have been filmed before it so I don't think it has the newest information in hand when there is lot of stuff that came out today..

So I'd still say this is speculation of recent developments of him being moved from person of interest to suspect and what people think might be behind that move?

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
There hasn't yet been police statement that this is the case though, so far the evidence they have had has been excel file they couldn't authenticate and I haven't heard Seungri being charged either, instead of him being suspect and recently being banned for leaving the country. This can be development of the case, but I don't think there is yet official sources that it is? The video was released yesterday and must have been filmed before it so I don't think it has the newest information in hand when there is lot of stuff that came out today..

So I'd still say this is speculation of recent developments of him being moved from person of interest to suspect and what people think might be behind that move?
Yeah, I think it's still not been 100% confirmed.
A LOT of what is coming about around the case, the KKT chat and those involved is literally coming out as we speak.
In the past two hours alone, so much has been revealed in SK and internationally regarding this case and the investigation, most of which is based strictly on rumors and only a few things that have been confirmed and/or mostly confirmed x.x

Reactions Received
KS Coins

No this is the latest in the case coming from Korea. At first he was simply a person involved or as the man explains a "person involved without evidence". Then after raiding the clubs and authenticating the Kako talks he was changed to a "person with evidence", I guess this was translated to a suspect in English. This is why Seungri can not leave the country because he is a suspect in such a case, the same thing happened to R. Kelly and the brothers in Jussie Smoellt's case because investigators had evidence. This is also why Seungri has announced his retirement from the music industry.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
As I told before, It wouldn't be surprising if Seungri hired prostitutes to treat investors but Idk if that makes him a pimp...
poor thing:zoomeyes:
I mean that's what a pimp is they hire and coordinate people to sell themselves for money...if this is true I don't feel sorry for him one bit. If this is all misunderstood then I will.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
wow I really hope that this gets cleared up quickly so that justice is served and no innocents get ruined by rumours etc

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
He hasn't been announced guilty yet, this is all before he announced his retirement if I'm right. Still waiting on more developments to emerge.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
No this is the latest in the case coming from Korea. At first he was simply a person involved or as the man explains a "person involved without evidence". Then after raiding the clubs and authenticating the Kako talks he was changed to a "person with evidence", I guess this was translated to a suspect in English. This is why Seungri can not leave the country because he is a suspect in such a case, the same thing happened to R. Kelly and the brothers in Jussie Smoellt's case because investigators had evidence. This is also why Seungri has announced his retirement from the music industry.
Isn't that just speculation though I mean to me the Katalk being confirmed would be that official source had looked into them aka police investigators or court and released statement; these are the authentic Katalk messages, we were able to secure them from the phone or sth like that since earlier they just had the excel file that wasn't enough to prove they were authentic messages.

Like I haven't just seen source saying they the messages were proven authentic, i have seen people just speculating that based on his status being changed. But earlier police did claim it was simply to get search warrant and pretty much implied it was to prove his innocence or so i took it from statement. Like i'm not saying the police don't have evidence, but that i don't know if that evidence is the katalks finally being authenticated, sth else or has the situation really changed in terms of evidence.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
to my knowledge, while writings are real, he is still considered as a suspect not on and on criminal. You might think there is no difference but yep there is lol
Well of course they have due process. Its just that it seems the international community thinks this is some k-nietzen hit job and don't understand this is a serious case and apparently evidence to back up the charges.

Also because most are fans of kpop they don't understand that the average person in Korea/ Asia are not kpop stans, they will not automatically back Seungri but are trusting not only the police but the reporters. The lead reporters breaking this case are respected journalist who uncovered previous celebrity scandals.

Not to mention corruption, prostitution and the like are real problems in Korea that people want to solve and not let those in power get away with any longer. The feelings from the impeachment of the former President are still strong.

I just hope for Seungri's and BIGBANG' sake this is all proven untrue.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
VIPs will still defend him though he can admit to rape and they will still support him.. never knew i was a part of such a fandom.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
As I told before, It wouldn't be surprising if Seungri hired prostitutes to treat investors but Idk if that makes him a pimp...
poor thing:zoomeyes:
Poor thing? i hope this is sarcasm.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm getting really confused by just how much info there seems to be flying around - the legitimate stuff that is. Does SK have no laws that protect criminal investigations and the suspects? Why is so much information allowed to leak all over the place?

Lighterxx

See my DP? Kiss it.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Well of course they have due process. Its just that it seems the international community thinks this is some k-nietzen hit job and don't understand this is a serious case and apparently evidence to back up the charges.

Also because most are fans of kpop they don't understand that the average person in Korea/ Asia are not kpop stans, they will not automatically back Seungri but are trusting not only the police but the reporters. The lead reporters breaking this case are respected journalist who uncovered previous celebrity scandals.

Not to mention corruption, prostitution and the like are real problems in Korea that people want to solve and not let those in power get away with any longer. The feelings from the impeachment of the former President are still strong.

I just hope for Seungri's and BIGBANG' sake this is all proven untrue.
Ah i get what you are talking, I did saw twitter. There seem to be people that think these are baseless rumours, and international community is using it to trash BigBang. Even Knetz are baffled and ask if international fans are crazy.

I do know reporters. 2 main reporters of this case are highly respected. That is why I lost my hope after I saw them talk. I honestly, never saw them make a mistake.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Isn't that just speculation though I mean to me the Katalk being confirmed would be that official source had looked into them aka police investigators or court and released statement; these are the authentic Katalk messages, we were able to secure them from the phone or sth like that since earlier they just had the excel file that wasn't enough to prove they were authentic messages.

Like I haven't just seen source saying they the messages were proven authentic, i have seen people just speculating that based on his status being changed. But earlier police did claim it was simply to get search warrant and pretty much implied it was to prove his innocence or so i took it from statement. Like i'm not saying the police don't have evidence, but that i don't know if that evidence is the katalks finally being authenticated, sth else or has the situation really changed in terms of evidence.
I don't know if your from the USA or not but what is happening is similar to those cases, information is coming out in the press before the police are releasing a official statement. But what is confirmed is that 1) Seugri is a suspect or a "person with evidence" 2) He can't leave Korea which can only been done if the investigators have some type of evidence and view him as a suspect as we have seen in the Smollet and R. Kelly cases and 3) Seungri announced his retirement from the industry.

As Seungri is a suspect, without a official statement from the police its clear they have evidence they think is incriminating, which would back up the reports of them authenticating the Kako Talks. Which explains him being banned from leaving SK and his announcement of retirement.

Of course we have to wait for official statement from the police but this is what is currently being reported.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm getting really confused by just how much info there seems to be flying around - the legitimate stuff that is. Does SK have no laws that protect criminal investigations and the suspects? Why is so much information allowed to leak all over the place?
Its the same thing that happened with Jussie Smollet and R. Kelly cases, reporters have their teams investigating and tell the press who tells the public. But Seungri is now a "person with evidence" as stated by the police officially. Update: Seungri Booked On Charges Of Allegedly Violating Anti-Prostitution Law

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yes, poor thing. I don't have the right to make any judgement esp. if nothing has been cleared out in court.
God some people.. yeah hes the poor thing not the victims.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't know if your from the USA or not but what is happening is similar to those cases, information is coming out in the press before the police are releasing a official statement. But what is confirmed is that 1) Seugri is a suspect or a "person with evidence" 2) He can't leave Korea which can only been done if the investigators have some type of evidence and view him as a suspect as we have seen in the Smollet and R. Kelly cases and 3) Seungri announced his retirement from the industry.

As Seungri is a suspect, without a official statement from the police its clear they have evidence they think is incriminating, which would back up the reports of them authenticating the Kako Talks. Which explains him being banned from leaving SK and his announcement of retirement.

Of course we have to wait for official statement from the police but this is what is currently going on.
I'm not from USA- Finland so yes it's still far from Korea and different. I know i'm being perhaps unnecessary pedantic, but in terms of the evidence and what it is, there is no official statement and well media and journalist aren't most trustworthy they have gotten terms wrong and spread misinformation of the case already so i'm not putting my eggs in that basket. I also know there is confusion over the suspect, since Seungri being booked to some meant he was already charged, but this didn't appear to be the case and police did confirm then that he was changed as suspect only to get search warrant on him and nothing about evidence. This could have been since changed which can be why he's not permitted to leave the country and why he announced his retirement, but that's speculation and not exactly factual, especially the last part since his motivations could be only guessed right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread