The weird issue that I have with ITZY... (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I NEVER like their songs or at least their title tracks on first listen or even the second or third, I have this weird thing where I just really don't like the song at all at first and then a couple months later I'll be scrolling through YouTube, decided to give it another try and then end up really liking it... I mean, I know we all have songs like that but I've never experienced it consistently with a group like this before.​
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I had this with Wannabe
Now I listen so much to it
That's why I made this thread! I just listened to it before and I was like, "this is a BOP!" and then I realised I kinda have a habit of doing that with ITZY songs...
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
That's why I made this thread! I just listened to it before and I was like, "this is a BOP!" and then I realised I kinda have a habit of doing that with ITZY songs...
Their songs aren't really public friendly I think, but very catchy. That's their success
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
f(x) is the inspiration for Itzy. More experimental and less public friendly. But I feel Itzy songs are a little easier to digest than f(x). They aren't quite as extreme. I doubt Itzy will ever release something as jarring as Red Light.
Maybe that is part of my problem... on my first listen I always get kind of annoyed because there is always one part of the song (usually the chorus) that I really like but then the other parts of the song don't really live up to that one part that I like.

I usually really like when kpop groups get a little weird and experimental but to be honest ITZY kinda gives me blue balls because they never seem to commit fully in either direction...
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,398
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think part of it is their songs dont follow the formula quite as much, so you could listen to it and be like what the heck is happening, but once you get used to the differences you appreciate it more. I think Icy is the biggest example of that.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think part of it is their songs dont follow the formula quite as much, so you could listen to it and be like what the heck is happening, but once you get used to the differences you appreciate it more. I think Icy is the biggest example of that.
Yeah, I think that is definitely a part of it.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I love the girls but I do tend to not like some songs and love others of theirs.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's polarizing for me
I either love, love, love it or I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Ever
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread