U can level a character to 20 with a trial account but that's the only free thing. You have to buy the game (which is gonna be whichever expansion the game is currently in), I also preordered the next expansion since it's only 6 months away, and on top of that it's a £10 monthly subscription. The base game is £40, and the preorder for the next expansion was £20. I played on my dad's account since I was 10 so it's been a decade and all of my achievements and stuff were under his account except we couldn't play at the same time so recently I bought my own subscription, it's all under my dad's account so we can share account wide things like achievements and mounts but we can play at the same time since we're paying seperately now. I bought a package that had the base game, pre order, and one month sub along with a few extra things like a mount and the total was £74.