COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Who is your favorite superhero? (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Who is your favorite superhero and why? It could be something deep about how relatable they are, how inspirational you find them, or just something basic like you love their design.

How much content of the same have you consumed? Do you read their comics? Did you watch some cartoons? Is your exposure limited to movies/TV shows? How about video games?

Here's my top 3:

1. Spiderman (Peter Parker)

Spiderman, unlike most superheroes is neither a millionaire, nor a God or alien. He's a regular dude with regular problems who can never seem to get his life together. He's got bills to pay, his social life is in shambles, he wants to get a nice paying job, he has academic pressure. He gets scared, but through it all he perserveres. Most relatable superhero.
I prefer the Spidey from the animated series of the 90s and the Tobey Maguire films, not a fan of the Andrew Garfield Spiderman. Tom Holland is good, but the MCU Spidey isn't really the definitive version for me.

2. Nightwing (Dick Grayson)

Greatest character arc for any superhero. Starting off as The Boy Wonder Robin, sidekick kid to Batman, he's an excellent acrobat and hand to hand fighter, great detective, greatest playaa and ladies man, but most importantly, despite living with Bruce Wayne and dealing with the dark underbelly of Gotham, he's been able to retain his bright, positive outlook on life. He's far more approachable and social, the heart and soul of the Bat Family and the Titans. No wonder when Bruce was presumed dead in the whole Battle of the Cowl arc, it turned out to be Dick who took over the mantle and went on to become a pretty fantastic Batman in his own right.

3. Superman (Clark Kent)

Superman is iconic, and for a lot of people today, he's become this lame boy scout, goody two shoes, which honestly pains me lol. Plus, some super Batman fanboys have done their best to put him down as lame to elevate Bats, but in his true form, Supes is the ultimate hero. Not because of his abilities or what he can do, but because of who he is. He might be from Krypton, but in his heart, he's a farm boy from Kansas, choosing to see and protect the good in people. Everyday of his superhero life is a conscious choice to be a beacon of hope and ideal for all humans. Unlike other heroes who's adversity might be the newest overpowered villain, Supes' true adversities are entirely different- his doubts, his insecurities, his feelings of loneliness. Unlike say Batman, who's parents were killed, or other superheroes who had a "call to action" moment, Supes simply realized he wants to do his best to help people.
That being said, I do love asshole Superman in Injustice Universe :haylul:

Zabraks:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Honorable mentions lol:

1. Captain America
2. Batman
3. Wolverine

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Nothing ever beats Deadpool, ship SpideyPool
I do find Deadpool very entertaining but like if he fought with another superhero, I'd probably not root for him lol.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Deadpool's cool tho
And funny

+ a spidey fanboy
Yeah he's pretty cool :haylul:
I haven't read/seen much of him outside the movie tho, so the emotional investment is missing lol.

Also I'm kind of a bigger fanboy of Deathstroke aka Slade Wilson, who he's supposed to be parodying lmao.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Yeah he's pretty cool :haylul:
I haven't read/seen much of him outside the movie tho, so the emotional investment is missing lol.

Also I'm kind of a bigger fanboy of Deathstroke aka Slade Wilson, who he's supposed to be parodying lmao.
I live for Spideypool fanfiction.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I only superhero I can say I'm really into is Batman. Just because the Nolan movies were so damn good. Beyond that, my answers will probably be really weird.
:wimwim:
Can Megamind be considered a superhero? He starts off as a charismatic supervillian who does evil because he was raised that way. But had to become a real hero, when real evil popped up. He's all about presentation and showmanship. Just a great, funny, weird wholesome character overall.

Elastigirl is also a nice superhero :sj_weary:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I only superhero I can say I'm really into is Batman. Just because the Nolan movies were so damn good. Beyond that, my answers will probably be really weird.
:wimwim:
Can Megamind be considered a superhero? He starts off as a charismatic supervillian who does evil because he was raised that way. But had to become a real hero, when real evil popped up. He's all about presentation and showmanship. Just a great, funny, weird wholesome character overall.

Elastigirl is also a nice superhero :sj_weary:
Oh lol I love Megamind, and even the hero in that movie who's name I forgot :haylul: The one who says "And I love you, random citizen" :jisoosmh:

I do like Batman but some fanboys really think he could even beat Thanos with "prep time" lol.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oooh this is hard!

I don't know if he counts as a superhero, but Venom is my all time favourite. I love him so much!!
LOOK AT THIS CUTIE:

My other two faves are Spider Man and Doctor Strange!

Special mentions: Flash and Black Panther.
Yes, I am a Marvel stan... minus Flash but Marvel FTW

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oooh this is hard!

I don't know if he counts as a superhero, but Venom is my all time favourite. I love him so much!!
LOOK AT THIS CUTIE:

My other two faves are Spider Man and Doctor Strange!

Special mentions: Flash and Black Panther.
Yes, I am a Marvel stan... minus Flash but Marvel FTW
Oo yes I do love Venom too. Spidey in general has the best supporting cast outside Batman I believe :sanapray:
I'm the opposite btw, I love DC more :yolk:
Although I know their movies haven't been great but I blame that more on Warner Bros :wimwim:

In general I believe they have the better characters and stories, but haven't done justice to them, while MCU has been handled really well.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oh lol I love Megamind, and even the hero in that movie who's name I forgot :haylul: The one who says "And I love you, random citizen" :jisoosmh:

I do like Batman but some fanboys really think he could even beat Thanos with "prep time" lol.
That's metroman :jenniesmug:
And yeah, batman doesn't even have a superpower really :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Eh I am not much into them.
But I enjoyed the batman triology more than any marvel or DC work so guess I will go with that.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Eh I am not much into them.
But I enjoyed the batman triology more than any marvel or DC work so guess I will go with that.
I know your actual fav superhero tho girl why you lying? :taesip:

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oo yes I do love Venom too. Spidey in general has the best supporting cast outside Batman I believe :sanapray:
I'm the opposite btw, I love DC more :yolk:
Although I know their movies haven't been great but I blame that more on Warner Bros :wimwim:

In general I believe they have the better characters and stories, but haven't done justice to them, while MCU has been handled really well.
I find DC movies really boring. The TV shows start off really good though but then they usually end up dragging and they eventually get pretty boring for me too. I don't have a single Marvel movie I find boring or uninteresting on the other hand. They're all so exciting!

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I have actually think a bit, I tend to like the anti-heroes lot more. So maybe I will cheat a bit and write about anti-heroes as heroes xd

1. Deadpool

Deadpool is first "hero" whose comics I started to read and kinda reason why i got into Marvel's comics in the first place. I started from volume 2, even have bought some. But I have read volume 3, 4 and maybe 5 too I don't remember how they go. And ofc bunch of the extra stories. Ofc seen the movies too that were pretty fun, but not my fav interpretation of him. My favorite Deadpool story is Night of Living Deadpool which is zombie spin-off. It's actually quite sad, and really shows how heroic he can be.. even if it was his fault that zombie apocalypse got worse xd

2. Catwoman (Selena Kyle)

Although Selena is often in the wrong side of the law, she has her heart in right place and often helps out the heroes- making her a hero as well. I have seen the infamous movie (that I liked as teen lol), but what I have enjoyed is seeing her in the telltale Batman game and in the comics. My favorite comic of her is 2014 run where she became Mafia Boss xd

3. Moon Knight

Moon Knight is pretty interesting in that, that you never know what quite is going on with him. Moon Knight is mostly heroic character, or tries to be, even if other heroes don't always see him as such. Suffering from DID, Moon Knight has multiple personalities and often has warped sense of what is reality and going on. The comics about Moon Knight sometimes use this to their advantage to really throw the reader of on what is really going on. You are often as confused as he is. My favorite comic run with him is Volume 6 where he begins from mental hospital and that's definitely trippiest ocmic I have read.

Attachments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread