What I have observed with Army is that many of them aren't kpop fans or at least that's what many of them say themselves. They just like BTS and that doesn't mean they have to be into kpop as a genre or other groups, they might not even listen to kpop outside of BTS.
I'm used to that everyone is into kpop as genre and it's kinda like hobby for people, it's a thing you are into like gaming, comics, anime so it wouldn't make sense to just be into one game or comic or anime show. You might have bias group, but overall everyone is multifans, so for me the mindset of being just Army is it's bit hard to grasp. But I guess it makes sense if you think that you aren't interested of kpop at all just this one group. It's bit same as being really big fan of Rammstein, but not knowing any other band from Germany I guess?
I find this being bit of turn off though, especially if it develops us against them mindset that I have seen around a bit aka Army vs multifans or "kpoppies" (god I hate that term). But I think it comes from on how the Army fandom has started to grown outside of kpop frame- the frame of finding out about kpop, getting into group(s) and seeking out others, finding new groups to be fan of and listening music from various artists.
In other hand it's bit interesting how i-Army have became similar as korean fandoms are- they are lot less accepting about being multifan and lot more about just supporting your bias group against other groups than i-fans are. So somehow the fandom that is least into kpop is most korean like xd
I'm used to that everyone is into kpop as genre and it's kinda like hobby for people, it's a thing you are into like gaming, comics, anime so it wouldn't make sense to just be into one game or comic or anime show. You might have bias group, but overall everyone is multifans, so for me the mindset of being just Army is it's bit hard to grasp. But I guess it makes sense if you think that you aren't interested of kpop at all just this one group. It's bit same as being really big fan of Rammstein, but not knowing any other band from Germany I guess?
I find this being bit of turn off though, especially if it develops us against them mindset that I have seen around a bit aka Army vs multifans or "kpoppies" (god I hate that term). But I think it comes from on how the Army fandom has started to grown outside of kpop frame- the frame of finding out about kpop, getting into group(s) and seeking out others, finding new groups to be fan of and listening music from various artists.
In other hand it's bit interesting how i-Army have became similar as korean fandoms are- they are lot less accepting about being multifan and lot more about just supporting your bias group against other groups than i-fans are. So somehow the fandom that is least into kpop is most korean like xd