- Joined
- 18 November 2018
- Messages
- 3,403
- Reactions Received
- 17,163
- Location
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 2,412
- Fandom
- Reveluv & Uaena
Looking back on the past decade of releases (2010 - 2019) what would you say has been your favourite song of the decade?
My favourite song of the decade shouldn't be that all too surprising (or it might be surprising. Who knows...). I had a long thought at my favourite songs of each year. Red Velvet's Red Flavor comes to mind. So does iconic classics such as SNSD's Oh!, T-ARA's Roly Poly, After School's Shampoo and f(x)'s Electric Shock.
However none of those can be defined as my favourite song of the decade. That recognition goes to Taeyeon and her solo debut song 'I' that was released in 2015.
What makes this song stand out from all the rest though? Well firstly I have been a Sone since I first discovered SNSD & K Pop in 2009 and I instantly fell in love with Taeyeon's vocals. I listened to her OSTs and I craved for her solo debut. I waited for years and finally the day came that news broke about her solo debut.
I was excited and highly anticipating what she would come out with. I was half expecting a ballad track like 'If' which is loved by all ages across Korea. However what she released was a soft rock song that perfectly showcased the voice that I fell in love with back in 2009.
I was instantly captivated on Taeyeon's vocals as she belted out the high notes against the guitar riffs. I can't even remember just how many times exactly I listened to that song on the day of it's release or in the subsequent years since. But I do remember my excitement and the sensation of my expectations being met for her solo debut.
Taeyeon's solo debut was everything that I wanted and that is why 'I' is defined as my favourite song of this decade.
How about everyone else though? What is your favourite song of the decade? Discuss below.
My favourite song of the decade shouldn't be that all too surprising (or it might be surprising. Who knows...). I had a long thought at my favourite songs of each year. Red Velvet's Red Flavor comes to mind. So does iconic classics such as SNSD's Oh!, T-ARA's Roly Poly, After School's Shampoo and f(x)'s Electric Shock.
However none of those can be defined as my favourite song of the decade. That recognition goes to Taeyeon and her solo debut song 'I' that was released in 2015.
What makes this song stand out from all the rest though? Well firstly I have been a Sone since I first discovered SNSD & K Pop in 2009 and I instantly fell in love with Taeyeon's vocals. I listened to her OSTs and I craved for her solo debut. I waited for years and finally the day came that news broke about her solo debut.
I was excited and highly anticipating what she would come out with. I was half expecting a ballad track like 'If' which is loved by all ages across Korea. However what she released was a soft rock song that perfectly showcased the voice that I fell in love with back in 2009.
I was instantly captivated on Taeyeon's vocals as she belted out the high notes against the guitar riffs. I can't even remember just how many times exactly I listened to that song on the day of it's release or in the subsequent years since. But I do remember my excitement and the sensation of my expectations being met for her solo debut.
Taeyeon's solo debut was everything that I wanted and that is why 'I' is defined as my favourite song of this decade.
How about everyone else though? What is your favourite song of the decade? Discuss below.
@emanresu @lexus @Darkyoda47 @spacebanana @Jichuus @yerewenseuljoy @Chahee @OnlyCalB @Ozymandias @goyo @Mangoey @kodoku @mirella @RandAlThor @Baechu @Minuteman @WhiteWadeWilson @KurdishLuvie @seoulgi @RedVelvendetta @SoneLuv @kuro @itzybitzyblink @Mayah @TwentyOneJongdae @SakinoSweety @Seulgiyee @twentyfivedollar @KidLeader112
@raja @Reo @JakeyWantsCakey @wayvoutsold @MiraeTheFuture @Tpse @Crackhead @mysteric @Darkyoda47 @perhapz @kuro @baekk @BritishLuvie @Riasama @Soleski @twentyfivedollar @Baechu @Walnutt @AnotherKpopTrash @planetarium @Luvtwice @joshuaology @Queen @Jichuus @yerimiese @FANCY @Rhythmixx @itzybitzyblink @InTooManyFandoms @ohmywheein @FrenchRose @Skinnny @Chahee @potato @MashiroQueen @Joy @Jihyooo @Jungkook @Foxia @Minuteman @SiggyStan @Moon @mcflxrry @FingerStress @HopeOnTheStreet @JoanaIsHere @glitterpill @WooSanHwa @Yangi @umpheri
@raja @Reo @Pigeon @Crackhead @GoldenBunny @MsJimin @baekk @Soleski @Darjeeling @RainbowDevil @Wingfrost @planetarium @Izz @Queen @yerimiese @stinksplinter @jungshook @Rhythmixx @InTooManyFandoms @potato @Joy @Jungkook @Foxia @HopeOnTheStreet @YeonhaIsTheBest @chvnle @MinSquishy @WooSanHwa @Yangi
@raja @Reo @JakeyWantsCakey @wayvoutsold @MiraeTheFuture @Tpse @Crackhead @mysteric @Darkyoda47 @perhapz @kuro @baekk @BritishLuvie @Riasama @Soleski @twentyfivedollar @Baechu @Walnutt @AnotherKpopTrash @planetarium @Luvtwice @joshuaology @Queen @Jichuus @yerimiese @FANCY @Rhythmixx @itzybitzyblink @InTooManyFandoms @ohmywheein @FrenchRose @Skinnny @Chahee @potato @MashiroQueen @Joy @Jihyooo @Jungkook @Foxia @Minuteman @SiggyStan @Moon @mcflxrry @FingerStress @HopeOnTheStreet @JoanaIsHere @glitterpill @WooSanHwa @Yangi @umpheri
@raja @Reo @Pigeon @Crackhead @GoldenBunny @MsJimin @baekk @Soleski @Darjeeling @RainbowDevil @Wingfrost @planetarium @Izz @Queen @yerimiese @stinksplinter @jungshook @Rhythmixx @InTooManyFandoms @potato @Joy @Jungkook @Foxia @HopeOnTheStreet @YeonhaIsTheBest @chvnle @MinSquishy @WooSanHwa @Yangi