Your favourite song of the decade? (2 Viewers)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Looking back on the past decade of releases (2010 - 2019) what would you say has been your favourite song of the decade?

My favourite song of the decade shouldn't be that all too surprising (or it might be surprising. Who knows...). I had a long thought at my favourite songs of each year. Red Velvet's Red Flavor comes to mind. So does iconic classics such as SNSD's Oh!, T-ARA's Roly Poly, After School's Shampoo and f(x)'s Electric Shock.
However none of those can be defined as my favourite song of the decade. That recognition goes to Taeyeon and her solo debut song 'I' that was released in 2015.



What makes this song stand out from all the rest though? Well firstly I have been a Sone since I first discovered SNSD & K Pop in 2009 and I instantly fell in love with Taeyeon's vocals. I listened to her OSTs and I craved for her solo debut. I waited for years and finally the day came that news broke about her solo debut.
I was excited and highly anticipating what she would come out with. I was half expecting a ballad track like 'If' which is loved by all ages across Korea. However what she released was a soft rock song that perfectly showcased the voice that I fell in love with back in 2009.
I was instantly captivated on Taeyeon's vocals as she belted out the high notes against the guitar riffs. I can't even remember just how many times exactly I listened to that song on the day of it's release or in the subsequent years since. But I do remember my excitement and the sensation of my expectations being met for her solo debut.

Taeyeon's solo debut was everything that I wanted and that is why 'I' is defined as my favourite song of this decade.



How about everyone else though? What is your favourite song of the decade? Discuss below.

 
Joined
18 August 2019
Messages
1,773
Reactions Received
3,304
Location
In the SHINee World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,895
Fandom
Multistan
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
They/them preferred
Taeyeon's I is one of my favorites as well, definitely in my top 10 for the decade <3
Choosing just one is so difficult but this is what came to mind first
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'll choose 2, one BG and one GG coz it's hard to decide :yolk:

For girl groups, it's Rough by GFriend (2016). It just takes me on such an emotional ride, unlike any song. It doesn't sound overly sad like a ballad would, it's upbeat but also very nostalgic, makes you yearn for days gone by and the passion in the vocal delivery coupled with that instrumental really sets that mood perfectly. And when the guitar solo comes in, it's like the icing on the cake. Of course, having GFriend with that choreo helps too.




And for boy groups, it had to be The Chaser by Infinite (2012). Unlike Rough, which lets the instrumental come in and take over between verses, this one is basically a non stop romp from start to finish. The momentum never lets up, and even towards the end, it feels like the song is constantly building up. The only release you get is by hitting that replay button mercilessly again and again. It even makes me think of something cyberpunky- neon colored landscapes and bikes racing past you like in Akira lol. Either way, this is Sweetune's masterpiece.

 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Before 2017, I listened to no music at all. So my choice is some of the recent songs. However, you put it hard to me because this thread is on the K-music section while my absolute favourite is not kpop. So if I'm to limit myself to kpop, I'd say Piri by Dreamcatcher.

But let me break the thread's kpop rule and state my real absolute favourite which is PassCode's Taking You Out.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
If you could have given me 3 years earlier I could have listed my No. 1 single favorite song in the entirety of kpop. The whole damn thing... So Nyeo Shi Dae by So Nyeo Shi Dae. Alas......


This decade! Okay!

Let's see.



There are so many songs I hold dear.

But ultimately.

I have to keep it with the song that was still near to my entrance into kpop. Just a few years into my kpop adventure.

When it was still new to me. Still had that fresh magic. Like anything was possible in this new world with 9 special girls.


Star Star Star





I'll just list 378 HMs.... All crying shit.


Honorable Mentions:

TWICE - Like A Fool
SNSD - Indestructible
GFRIEND - Rough
SHINEE - The Reason
EXO - Don't Go
FX - Sorry (Dear Daddy)
Lee Hi - Breathe
Gayoon - 12:30
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I'll choose 2, one BG and one GG coz it's hard to decide :yolk:

For girl groups, it's Rough by GFriend (2016). It just takes me on such an emotional ride, unlike any song. It doesn't sound overly sad like a ballad would, it's upbeat but also very nostalgic, makes you yearn for days gone by and the passion in the vocal delivery coupled with that instrumental really sets that mood perfectly. And when the guitar solo comes in, it's like the icing on the cake. Of course, having GFriend with that choreo helps too.




And for boy groups, it had to be The Chaser by Infinite (2012). Unlike Rough, which lets the instrumental come in and take over between verses, this one is basically a non stop romp from start to finish. The momentum never lets up, and even towards the end, it feels like the song is constantly building up. The only release you get is by hitting that replay button mercilessly again and again. It even makes me think of something cyberpunky- neon colored landscapes and bikes racing past you like in Akira lol. Either way, this is Sweetune's masterpiece.

You listed Rough.

That magical song.

Makes me want to cheer and put you on my shoulders and run you around in celebration in slow mo like they do in Oscar winning sports movies.
 
Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
You listed Rough.

That magical song.

Makes me want to cheer and put you on my shoulders and run you around in celebration in slow mo like they do in Oscar winning sports movies.
And I can hold a Tzuyu and Sana banner high in my hands for that victory lap :haylul:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,415
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
RDR- if i never saw rdr i might have not have ever found the joy and music that have enriched my life in the past decade.


video for the gotta have a mv folks :)



Then
Oh!
Happiness
MGT
My My

Slow songs
Not Alone
One of these nights Piano version.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Red Light by f(x) ... it‘s just the most perfect song, album, era, everything.
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Red Light by f(x) ... it‘s just the most perfect song, album, era, everything.
:sanapray: so tasteful again, not surprised :taesquish:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Bopper and Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread