Appreciation A girl group title truly ahead of it's time. (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Alas, when it dropped, the Kpop world and fans at large weren't ready.



Fast forward a few years, and this sound is everywhere- the moody aesthetic, the lyrical message, and of course the beat drop chorus. Something that's so common place and successful now found no takers back in 2016, and although Skrillex oppar gave us one of the best beat drops in Kpop, it went by largely unappreciated.

To make matters worse, this turned out to be 4Minute's swan song, as this comeback flopping basically served as the final nail in the coffin. The other 4 members would go on to nugudom (although Jiyoon aka Jenyer and Gayoon deserved much better), and HyunA would go solo as Cube's shining star, until she got fired for dating :wimwim:

Unlike most lazy drops today, I actually really like the drop here lol. Appreciate :pepeheart:

@Girl Group
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I miss 4Minute!
:maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I miss 4Minute!
:maheart:
I wasn't even a stan lol but I do think they had more legs and could have gone for a lot longer. Also I realized I had quite a few 4Minute songs on my Kpop playlist :jisoosmh:





And ofc Crazy was 1st non big 3 GG MV to hit a 100 million views I think, pretty wild :pepeheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread