Reality [Official] Queendom Thread (1 Viewer)

Who do you want to win?

  • AOA

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • (G)I-dle

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Lovelyz

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Mamamoo

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Oh My Girl

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Park Bom

    Votes: 3 10.3%

  • Total voters
    29

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Queendom did rly dirty to both Bom and Eunjin with that dance challenge. I can't think who thought it was fair to have one competitor without solo dance stage, that's crazy handicap it almost made no sense for Eunjin to be there.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Queendom did rly dirty to both Bom and Eunjin with that dance challenge. I can't think who thought it was fair to have one competitor without solo dance stage, that's crazy handicap it almost made no sense for Eunjin to be there.
agree. it makes no sense. I really don‘t get why Eunjin didn’t get to persom a solo stage too
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
agree. it makes no sense. I really don‘t get why Eunjin didn’t get to persom a solo stage too
It felt like her inclusion was just after thought, if they wanted to do it properly i think they should have introduced her during the first dance lesson. It wouldn't have been crazy scretch time wise to include her properly that's why it feels so annoying. Ofc she's going to get 6th place, not like plp will play as much attention to her dancing in group as they would watching solo stage :nekopout:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
Queendom did rly dirty to both Bom and Eunjin with that dance challenge. I can't think who thought it was fair to have one competitor without solo dance stage, that's crazy handicap it almost made no sense for Eunjin to be there.
Makes me think back to when the lineup was announced everyone was asking why is Bom there and now after seeing that happen with the units why is she there?
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Makes me think back to when the lineup was announced everyone was asking why is Bom there and now after seeing that happen with the units why is she there?
I wonder if her inclusion was rly after thought. I like her in the show and it works well enough most of the time, but it makes it even more confusing why they choose to arrange missions this way and then why didn't they commit to this guest performer properly.

To throw bit of conspiracy theory here, maybe they were expecting or Bom's company was promising them someone who would have been bigger surprise like CL, Minzy or Dara, and then when they couldn't follow through and had former member of Brave Girls instead Mnet lost interest and wanted to less than bare mininum.

Also these chance cards that they supposedly won in games.. they were just there so that Lovelyz doesn't have to perform Oh my Girl's song and Bom doesn't have to dance. Like it's so obvious that there never was actual games, they just want to give leeways to artist.

Queendom isn't bad show, but i just hate when korean shows do things like these. I get that variety shows are more and less scripted, but viewer wants to at least believe the competition parts are fair.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
I wonder if her inclusion was rly after thought. I like her in the show and it works well enough most of the time, but it makes it even more confusing why they choose to arrange missions this way and then why didn't they commit to this guest performer properly.

To throw bit of conspiracy theory here, maybe they were expecting or Bom's company was promising them someone who would have been bigger surprise like CL, Minzy or Dara, and then when they couldn't follow through and had former member of Brave Girls instead Mnet lost interest and wanted to less than bare mininum.

Also these chance cards that they supposedly won in games.. they were just there so that Lovelyz doesn't have to perform Oh my Girl's song and Bom doesn't have to dance. Like it's so obvious that there never was actual games, they just want to give leeways to artist.

Queendom isn't bad show, but i just hate when korean shows do things like these. I get that variety shows are more and less scripted, but viewer wants to at least believe the competition parts are fair.
There was never any universe in my mind where CL came out on stage as she can't even get music released let alone being promoted in any way. Eunji being there was pretty strange though as she's not even a dancer in Brave Girls, her roles are lead vocalist and rapper so having her be part of a dance unit especially when Minzy would fit perfectly.

I saw people still waiting on Oh My Girl getting the queen treatment for being 1st like (G)I-dle got, you can tell who Mnet are putting effort into.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
There was never any universe in my mind where CL came out on stage as she can't even get music released let alone being promoted in any way. Eunji being there was pretty strange though as she's not even a dancer in Brave Girls, her roles are lead vocalist and rapper so having her be part of a dance unit especially when Minzy would fit perfectly.

I saw people still waiting on Oh My Girl getting the queen treatment for being 1st like (G)I-dle got, you can tell who Mnet are putting effort into.
CL wasn't that viable yes, but maybe Dara or Minzy even who knows. Minzy could rly do with some push and Dara has collabed with Bom on Spring already.

I actually didn't know she wasn't dancer that rly doesn't make sense. Bom probably got her via Brave Brothers connection, but yea seems weird. They were even promoting of this other half thing that made me think 2NE1 members not someone Bom doesn't even seem to be that close with.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
CL wasn't that viable yes, but maybe Dara or Minzy even who knows. Minzy could rly do with some push and Dara has collabed with Bom on Spring already.

I actually didn't know she wasn't dancer that rly doesn't make sense. Bom probably got her via Brave Brothers connection, but yea seems weird. They were even promoting of this other half thing that made me think 2NE1 members not someone Bom doesn't even seem to be that close with.
I know Eunji promoted The Spring with Bom in place of Dara but that made sense at least versus a vocalist in a group not known for dancing going up against YooA and not even getting a solo stage makes viable choices very limited since even if Bom grabbed like SinB it would've been an uphill battle to get 1st in that scenario.

 
Joined
14 July 2019
Messages
2,532
Reactions Received
8,405
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Tell us your thoughts
What do you think so far? :jenniesmug:
Well, I like Mamamoo a lot more now! I liked them before but I wasn't that much of a big fan.
My faves to least faves so far goes like this, though I don't dislike any of them:
OMG/AOA
Mamamoo
(G)I-dle
Bom
Lovelyz

I thought that from (G)I-dle's first preliminary stage performance, they were so good and their second performance wasn't as good, although I still enjoyed it.

Jimin is hilarious lol

That's all I'll say for now ^-^
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
This will be my birthday present guys...💅

I am still confused about the Queendom singles as it's supposed to be the same day they drop but i've seen Mamamoos supposedly being the 24th
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
EP 8 performances:

G(IDLE): I really liked their performance overall. The styling and choreo was on point, they really helped to tell their story. Probably acting and choreo were most impressive part. In other hand I think the vocals weren't loud enough or backtrack was too loud for vocals at some points. Minnie (i think that's minnie) was particularly stunning.

Mamamoo: I have bit hard time rating this song since I'm not usually big on ballads and it was also aimed at fans. The vocals were definitely there as the performance, but it didn't make me particularly emotional or awed though it was bit heartwarming I guess? Not winning performance, but solid.

AOA: This was pretty interesting performance. First you have AOA CREAM doing some kind of mix between cute and sexy concept, but throw some rock flavor and badass stuff there in the mix too to tease of Jimin's part. Then we have really long solo part of Jimin first performing with band and then Puss with member of N.Flying. I did enjoy both parts though Jimin's solo stuff correlated with me bit more, but i did like AOA CREAM's part too. I'm not sure how i feel about this as group performance though since half of it was Jimin going solo rampage xd

Side note: Jimin was freaking savage with that "I'm tree colored" comment too. Doesn't really work without background, but she got actually both praise and hate about rapping how she doesn't want to be a flower and rather be a tree (that lasts long unlike flower). Lot of knetz were saying the lyrics are feminist and anti sexy image AOA has, I wouldn't really go that far, but i think she was definitely running with the talk about her line and it was quite bold to just state it again like that, props for her. And she even sang bit of Love Scenario :jisoosmh: She was really killing it this ep.


At the moment G(IDLE)'s performance is probably my favorite since it has coherent story that i enjoyed. Everyone did great job though so far. I'm hoping Lovelyz will also kill it, rooting for them!


Also, one of highlights of this show for me has been getting to know the members of the group, like i have seen some in shows before like Jimin and Soyeon on unpretty rapstar and know some else by the face like Seolhyun, but I feel like i'm getting interested of members I didn't even know existed before. In top of that the girls are really funny together and i love the interactions between groups too. And overall i think this show is doing wonders not only to image of groups (poor Lovelyz though), but also to members like Jimin and Park Bom, i feel like perceptions towards them has become more positive.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I am still confused about the Queendom singles as it's supposed to be the same day they drop but i've seen Mamamoos supposedly being the 24th
I'm a little bit confused as well, some say Bom will perform her song on Queendom but the official release would be a day later. I've also heard that she actually has two songs and one of them is an official cover.
We will have to wait to see what happens but I'm excited nonetheless.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,348
Reactions Received
76,683
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,130
Ship
Wreck
I'm a little bit confused as well, some say Bom will perform her song on Queendom but the official release would be a day later. I've also heard that she actually has two songs and one of them is an official cover.
We will have to wait to see what happens but I'm excited nonetheless.
I'd be surprised if that happened as there's still Lovelyz, Boms and Oh My Girls pandoras box performances as well as the results from that and then all 6 performances of the original songs as well as the final results.

If one of these last 2 episodes is just performances than maybe it'd work but this is a lot for how they've been doing things so far.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread