MV BLACKPINK - 'Kill This Love' M/V (1 Viewer)

how was the song

  • AMAZING

  • GOOD

  • OKAY

  • NOT THAT GOOD


Results are only viewable after voting.
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
the MV is beautiful and so are the girls
I loved Rose's and Jisoo's part

but the full song itself is not my taste

the dance in the end was awesome tho


I give a listen to the album now, I liked forever young the last time more than d4
 
Last edited:
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm just okay with it, I expected more from the chorus tbh.I think it needed to be a bit longer and to have a little more lyrics at the end of the chorus (like the one in the last chorus but with the first two choruses_

Parts that I love:
The tomb raider set and outfits. Lisa's gray/silver hair looks so good and a nice change from the usual blonde.
Jennie and Lisa's rap together. THEY SHOULD DO THIS MORE OFTEN!
ROSE HOLY FUCK THE DRIVING SCENE AND THE WINDY FLOWER CLOVER LEAF SCENE OH MY GOD.
Jisso's second verse scene was amazing. The first one would've been better if that style of having tiny bits of hair stuck on her face weren't there. I was living for the 5 Minute Craft Glue Gun project she was wearing after that.
The last chorus with all the dancers.

Parts that I didn't like:
The screechy parts during Jennie's first rap
THE MINIMAL EXPOSURE OF THE THE TOMB RAIDER SET AND OUTFITS. WHAT THE FUCK YG I WANTED SLOW-MO ACTION SHOTS WITH GUNS AND BULLETS.
The fact that the street scene didn't fit with the other parts of the video.
Jennie's fake bangs lmao
Last chorus was too short, I wish they repeated it again with more hype or added a dance break after the bridge.
I wish the MV had more cohesion between the scenes. I get the opposites theme but meh I want more.
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pre-chorus with Jisoo and Rose is actually great and the way it builds up.. but the chorus is a let-down.

Don't get me wrong but there's no creativity whatsoever in Teddy's production, involving even those he co-produces these songs with (namely 24 who produced latest KARD's Bomb Bomb which I don't like either). He doesn't even try at this point. I'm sure most of Blinks accept whatever he gives to BP because it's better than having no comeback at all even if the song isn't great and I mean that's fine but if you're a non-fan then you probably want to hear something different eventually? I don't even understand who exactly are they catering to. To the fans who were there since the beginning or the new fans?

This song made me think of Boombayah and their previous title track but with less power? I mean if I had to pick a song out of these three, I'd go with Boombayah, because the other two just seem watered down versions (even if they go hard) with a lack of creativity on top of it. Then again I'm not really fond most of Teddy's production in general.

I just can't warm up to their latest songs. I mean I am definitely more critical of girl group songs, I can't deny it, because I tend to listen to them less as I don't like many female voices but even then there are multiple gems that I absolutely love and I actually think Playing With Fire is one of these few gems that also has Teddy name to it so this is quite sad. I just don't think they cater to me because if I do listen to girl groups, it's cuter girl groups and that's fine as well I guess.

:pepesad:
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
The MV is very nice and aesthetic, but the song is... just ok. I kinda expected more :pandabeg:
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I just listened to it and I actually like it. The only part I didn't like when Rosé and Jisoo built up the chorus, but then the chorus just suddenly became a let down. :/
I still prefer their last comeback over this one, but I'll try giving the album a listen.
Also, the girls looked stunning. :sanapray:
 

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think both Rosé's verses and the second Jisoo's verse are really good, also that Rosé part near the end followed up by a fast paced chorus is really really good.

But I don't like the chorus that much. It feels like the song keeps building up, but the chorus never gets to explode into something, idk.

So I think it was just okay. Maybe not at my taste (or maybe it grows on me over time, who knows). I'll try the b-sides later.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
MY NEW FAVORITE BP SONG. KILL THIS LOVE ALREADY HAS OVERTHOWN WHISTLE FOR ME
:sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary::sj_weary:
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm so late! I forgot they released this already. I also forgot RV's collab was released omg

I literally screamed as soon as Jisoo started singing. She looks and sounds so good! :pandalove:

Not the biggest fan of the song though. It's definitely not their catchiest but it's not bad either. I like the singing parts but the rap parts do need to grow on me. I feel like I'll be all over it after a few more listens. Love love LOVE the ending part though. Time to listen to the rest now of the album now!
And I can't leave without saying, THEY ALL LOOK SO STUNNING!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread