News Gaon: April 2019 monthly chart (Girl Groups) (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
That is true. It's weird though, they are a K-pop group, yet Korea doesn't want anything to do with them and they do much better Internationally.
I think if they really grow their Japanese fanbase, they can easily get the 40-50K range and beyond.
I don't think they will get that 'one hit song' tbh, since they have a big rock element to their sound, they will always struggle to hit it big in Korea. It may be a big hit to other countries, but not Korea.

Yeah, they are growing in Japan and I think they could really grow with this first Japanese album they will release in the summer.
As long as they grow steadily I think they're fine, although I obviously want them to do well and also get that first win. And true, I do think their sound would do better in Japan and other countries, they're just not what Korea expects from a girl group maybe that's why. Although their visuals and choreo are so good, but maybe the rock sound isn't what idol fans are interested in?
Even if they get an international hit that gets good Youtube numbers and Spotify streams, it'd be pretty cool tbh. And I am optimistic about their Japanese album, I just think their sound and Japan is a great fit :sanapray:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
As long as they grow steadily I think they're fine, although I obviously want them to do well and also get that first win. And true, I do think their sound would do better in Japan and other countries, they're just not what Korea expects from a girl group maybe that's why. Although their visuals and choreo are so good, but maybe the rock sound isn't what idol fans are interested in?
Even if they get an international hit that gets good Youtube numbers and Spotify streams, it'd be pretty cool tbh. And I am optimistic about their Japanese album, I just think their sound and Japan is a great fit :sanapray:
That's true to an extent. I do think that the company, no matter how small they are could promote them much better though. Like they could even say who the artist is they are covering, etc, they could really go a long way because if you think that when they cover a big artist and if that artist found them and let their fans know about it, that would easily bring in a lot more fans for them, like the Maroon 5 song Lucky Strike.

Well although it's a niche, I do think that there are many people who would love this type of style, even in Korea but the thing is, there are still many people who don't know about them. I mean all of their title tracks have less than 10million views on Youtube still. You think how many people don't know about them? Obviously, not everyone will be into them but the more eyeballs viewing them, the more fans they will get.
Well, let's hope for the best! I never want them to lose their original sound as that is what makes them stand out and everyone needs to hear something different every now and again.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,462
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Everyone doing so well! We love women dominating the charts :sj_weary:
Oh also, happy to see Season of Glass and Flowerbud still selling :nekolove:
Hard to say that when bts sold 3.2 million :) 10x the best selling kpop gg of all time.
The gap has only gotten bigger since snsd hung with the boys.
One thing i have wondered is why do they not sell albums at the concerts?
all these acts touring could get a nice bump if they did that.
Particularly catalog sales.
 
Last edited:
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,462
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I knew they were big in China but not like this lol, this literally shook me :jisoosmh:
How are the other 2 girls in comparison?

And tbh if she's having solo success like this, it really doesn't make sense for her to come back to WJSN, much as I'd like it.



And this is all without a hit song, if they get their own Neomu Neomu or Energetic, I think numbers will explode :sanapray:
Fanbase is dedicated af though, which is good.
Struggling to find sales numbers but one album Collide did 2 million + in a combination of formats. Though this looks to be only QQ numbers.
But it was a monster hit according to the tweets below.

but remember Meiqi got 184 million votes in a week, granted that number is crazy inflated because of the voting method.
Xuanyi got 180 and that was after surprising her fans by saying she wanted to be first she made a contest of it.
21597


So Meiqi sold more faster than the group



 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Hard to say that when bts sold 3.2 million :) 10x the best selling kpop gg of all time.
The gap has only gotten bigger since snsd hung with the boys.
One thing i have wondered is why do they not sell albums at the concerts?
all these acts touring could get a nice bump if they did that.
Particularly catalog sales.
Welp let's ignore BTS because they competing on Western Acts level.
Hmm yeah true. Maybe there's a reason, not sure.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Struggling to find sales numbers but one album Collide did 2 million + in a combination of formats. Though this looks to be only QQ numbers.
But it was a monster hit according to the tweets below.

but remember Meiqi got 184 million votes in a week, granted that number is crazy inflated because of the voting method.
Xuanyi got 180 and that was after surprising her fans by saying she wanted to be first she made a contest of it.
21597


So Meiqi sold more faster than the group



Oof, Yuehua has struck gold with Mei Qi and Xuan Yi lol.
What is Cheng Xiao up to btw? Is she only acting and stuff? Idk how her popularity compares to the other two, I miss her in Kpop :umjicry:

Mei Qi is not leaving that to come get 2 lines and 30 sec screentime in a WJSN song lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,462
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Oof, Yuehua has struck gold with Mei Qi and Xuan Yi lol.
What is Cheng Xiao up to btw? Is she only acting and stuff? Idk how her popularity compares to the other two, I miss her in Kpop :umjicry:

Mei Qi is not leaving that to come get 2 lines and 30 sec screentime in a WJSN song lol.
Yep if that. They are still paying the price for the dumb contract fight. Neither will be at the Yuehua family concert :).
And i cannot begin to think Starship is happy with them after screwing them over.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread