Groups that seem 'older' than they actually are, & vice versa (1 Viewer)

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Are there any groups that seem older or younger than their actual debut date?

tl;dr
older: Monsta X, iKON, Mamamoo, WINNER, BTOB
younger: Red Velvet, Blackpink

I wouldn't be surprised if Monsta X debuted in 2013. They used to have a similar sound to Block B or B.A.P, and the bad boy concept was most prominent during that time.

Also, the members are quite old for a K-pop group formed in 2015; the oldest member Shownu is nearing 27 (international age). Some 2nd gen idols are way younger than him, I swear.
iKON also seems like an older group, like a 2013/2014 debut. They had 7(?) MVs from their debut album, giving the illusion of many comebacks. Also, Bobby & B.I participated in SMTM predebut, and they had two survival shows, so they were technically active predebut, just not officially debuted yet...

Their performance and confidence were always good, probably due to practice and training together during not one but TWO survival shows.
Mamamoo and WINNER are some other groups that had a mature sound and charisma at their debut, so they seemed older.

Especially WINNER with their sad mopey ballady album (it was a pleasant surprise from a newly-debuted group tbh).

BTOB... just seems comfortable on variety as 2nd gen groups do, and their music gives off an older-group vibe, lol I don't know how to explain it.
Red Velvet seems a little younger, but it's probably because I don't remember them very well in 2014 without Yeri. Their Red music is bright and poppy and just seems young (in a good way). I would have assumed they were a 2015 debut.

Blackpink seems like a young group as well, probably due to their sparse number of comebacks.
 
Last edited:

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
WHAT ABOUT ME!
:pandamad:

lmao, was searching for hyunaspandahoe and never found it on the tag list, then had a spark of hope because I changed my name and STILL didn't find my name >:( C A N C E L L E D
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
WHAT ABOUT ME!
:pandamad:

lmao, was searching for hyunaspandahoe and never found it on the tag list, then had a spark of hope because I changed my name and STILL didn't find my name >:( C A N C E L L E D
: O

I tagged you babe it's under "others," the very first name :pepecry1:
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
: O

I tagged you babe it's under "others," the very first name :pepecry1:
shit I forgot my own freaking username I THOUGHT I WAS FLEURNOIR SINCE IM LISTENING TO SUNMI RIGHT NOW BUT I FORGOT I CHOSE MY 2ND USERNAME CHOICE ARGHHHH >:(
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
shit I forgot my own freaking username I THOUGHT I WAS FLEURNOIR SINCE IM LISTENING TO SUNMI RIGHT NOW BUT I FORGOT I CHOSE MY 2ND USERNAME CHOICE ARGHHHH >:(
This is a sign you shouldn't have changed your iconic username :welp:
jk sometimes I forget I'm not mirella anymore :pepecry1:
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
older:
AOA, for some reason I keep thinking they're second gen. and it keeps surprising me that they're a 3rd gen. group.
Hello Venus, same thing as with AOA, but they debuted in 2012 so they're technically 3rd gen.
Laboum, they have a very mature concept so I thought they debuted earlier
Everglow, they seem very professional already so I feel like they've been around longer but they're actually really new
LOONA, because they were around pre debut too but only recently actually debuted.

younger:
BP, maybe because they haven't gotten many comebacks
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
This is a sign you shouldn't have changed your iconic username :welp:
jk sometimes I forget I'm not mirella anymore :pepecry1:
lmaooooo now you're making me regret it :pepecry1:

oooof, sometimes I do too lol
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Red Velvet seems so much older to me, same with NCT, AOA and EXO
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
older:
AOA, for some reason I keep thinking they're second gen. and it keeps surprising me that they're a 3rd gen. group.
Hello Venus, same thing as with AOA, but they debuted in 2012 so they're technically 3rd gen.
Laboum, they have a very mature concept so I thought they debuted earlier
Everglow, they seem very professional already so I feel like they've been around longer but they're actually really new
LOONA, because they were around pre debut too but only recently actually debuted.

younger:
BP, maybe because they haven't gotten many comebacks
isn't hello venus disbanding? :pepecry1:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
iKON for sure. It’s all about their pre debut activities. People just got to know them earlier, we got alot of pre-debut memories and some really emotional songs happend too. And than the lovely debut album of theirs and how blessed we all were with all the mv‘s.
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Red Velvet seems so much older to me, same with NCT, AOA and EXO
Funny thing is, a lot of EXO's members are older than Taemin (actually, I believe they all are except Kai and Sehun) and most are around Key and Minho's ages. Suho and Xiumin are actually older than both Key and Minho (as were Kris and Luhan) - Xiumin was even born a month before Jonghyun was.

EXO always seem older to me because of the fact that they always seemed to follow more with the 2nd gen groups (probably because of their age and the random time they debuted, sort of on the cusp of generations/during a shift in generations), and because of all the stories of training alongside SHINee and f(x) members
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
isn't hello venus disbanding? :pepecry1:
OMG WHAT???!!!! NINEMUSES WAS HARD ENOUGH BUT HELLOVENUS????? I AM SO ATTACHED TO THEM AND THEY ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITE KPOP GROUPS EVER!!! I CANT TAKE THEIR DISBANDING IS IT ACTUALLY HAPPENING?? :pepecry2:
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
OMG WHAT???!!!! NINEMUSES WAS HARD ENOUGH BUT HELLOVENUS????? I AM SO ATTACHED TO THEM AND THEY ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITE KPOP GROUPS EVER!!! I CANT TAKE THERI DISBANDING IS IT ACTUALLY HAPPENING?? :pepecry2:
sadly its true
I just heard about it a minute ago :(
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
sadly its true
I just heard about it a minute ago :(
that's so sad. :( wow, i'm actually really sad right now, they didn't even get one final comeback. and they had such good music, every single song they had was amazing, and yet they never got recognition for it. these disbandments are really getting to me, it's so sad.
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
that's so sad. :( wow, i'm actually really sad right now, they didn't even get one final comeback. and they had such good music, every single song they had was amazing, and yet they never got recognition for it. these disbandments are really getting to me, it's so sad.
mysterious was like my second kpop song :(
because of them I find bp plus other ggs, so they are kinda the reason I got into kpop

I always waited for their cb tbh
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and yeji
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
mysterious was like my second kpop song :(
because of them I find bp plus other ggs, so they are kinda the reason I got into kpop

I always waited for their cb tbh
yeah mysterious is one of my favorites, it's a classic. all of their songs are. :(
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I always forget AOA is third gen, they seem older :maheart:
Meanwhile, EXO seems like they should be younger to me. It's hard to believe some of them are enlisting soon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread