COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Dazed picks the top 20 Kpop songs of 2018 (1 Viewer)

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
British magazine Dazed picked the best 20 songs of 2018.

They voted for both the MV as the song itself and only includes one song per artist.

1. Baby Don't Stop - NCT U (Taeyong & Ten)
2. Fake Love - BTS
3. Hann - (G)I-DLE
4. Bad Boy - Red Velvet
5. Good Evening - SHINee
6. Now or Never - SF9
7. Tempo - EXO
8. Jealousy - Monsta X
9. I'm So Sick - Apink
10. District 9 - Stray Kids
11. Lil'Touch - Oh!GG
12. Love Bomb - fromis_9
13. Nanana - IMFACT
14. Egotistic - Mamamoo
15. Oh! My Mistake - April
16. Bboom Bboom - Momoland
17. Not That Type - Gugudan
18. Shine - Pentagon
19. What - Dreamcatcher
20. Killing Me - iKON

Congrats to every group (and their fandoms) who made the list!
Read the full article here

Do you agree with the list? Which one should have been higher/lower? Which one should've been chosen?​

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm surprised Momoland didn't end up higher and that iKON placed with another song than Love Scenario.
well LS has a simple MV, there was better MV production for Killing Me. I thinl KM deserves to be placed:D
and same. Thought Momoland would be higher

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Dreamcatcher being in the list makes me super happy 😍

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
My bae at #1:maheart:
Im surprised they picked Good Evening over Our Page, but the list is overall pretty good. I dont like every song on the list obviously but a lot of them are some of my favorites of the year.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
I'm shocked about lack of D4 and that already puts the list odds with me ^^;

More of unpopular opinion, although Baam is just copy of Bboom Bboom it's superior copy.
I think it was not their taste or it didn't impact enough in their opinion, D4. Tho, D4 had quite some buzz, AIIYL had more buzz around it, as I recall ^^
They did mention it in the OP

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think it was not their taste or it didn't impact enough in their opinion, D4. Tho, D4 had quite some buzz, AIIYL had more buzz around it, as I recall ^^
They did mention it in the OP
It was probably taste thing which is ok to me, they pulled there quite many songs I wasn't familiar with either. In terms of impact, it's most watched kpop mv of the year so I doubt it was about that. Still due to the impact, it feels bit odd to leave it out completely, bit like they really didn't like it then to not include it.

Though in terms of popular they also left out I-Zone's debut that did quite well.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
It was probably taste thing which is ok to me, they pulled there quite many songs I wasn't familiar with either. In terms of impact, it's most watched kpop mv of the year so I doubt it was about that. Still due to the impact, it feels bit odd to leave it out completely, bit like they really didn't like it then to not include it.

Though in terms of popular they also left out I-Zone's debut that did quite well.
True. Tho in terms of views: YG uploads their MVs in a different YT-section than other MV's so views don't get deleted there so it's kinda unfair. I think it could be at least in the top 20 but I didn't read the article thoroughly so idk why they didn't chose them.

As for I-Zone, I think they already compiled the list before their debut or didn't count them in (like awards shows have a particular period in which cb's have to be released)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
True. Tho in terms of views: YG uploads their MVs in a different YT-section than other MV's so views don't get deleted there so it's kinda unfair. I think it could be at least in the top 20 but I didn't read the article thoroughly so idk why they didn't chose them.
Huh this is first time I hear about this? Aren't they in same music section as all mv's?

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Nope, YG posts their MV's in people&blogs, so views won't get deleted. Fans recently noticed this
Well for me it just gave "Music" as section D4 and some others I looked at were posted in. It's sounds bit weird to me, but I'll look into it bit more ^^

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Well for me it just gave "Music" as section D4 and some others I looked at were posted in. It's sounds bit weird to me, but I'll look into it bit more ^^
Strange cuz I read it and went to check it and they were uploaded there...
Lemme check...

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
So I checked, seems like they moved it. However, I did see them under people&blogs.
Here's an SS someone made that proves their MVs were initially uploaded there
1545229944969.png

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
So I checked, seems like they moved it. However, I did see them under people&blogs.
Here's an SS someone made that proves their MVs were initially uploaded there
1545229944969.png
So for me it gives People and Blogs to all Black Pink's songs expect D4 and Jennie's Solo who are just in Music. Boombayah is still under People and Blogs for me.

I also checked bunch of Big Bang, 2NE1, PSY, Winner and Ikon and everything I checked was under Music only, didn't matter if the mv was old or new.

I read about this on AKP too, couldn't find another source. There was user posted article claiming Blackpink had switched categories from People and Blogs to Music once mv gets popular, but since the SSes were of different mv's (Stay being in People and Blogs and D4 in Music). There was another user who posted proof that D4 was in Music category YG's Trick to increase VIEWS for BLACKPINK's MVs in Youtube! , top comment's ss.

So I'd conclude that this is something YG used to do with Blackpink only for weird reason, maybe to trick youtube's system and competition, but doesn't seem like they do anymore.

In terms of D4's views, I don't think they are inflated by this category thing, but BP's other mv's might be ^^

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
So for me it gives People and Blogs to all Black Pink's songs expect D4 and Jennie's Solo who are just in Music. Boombayah is still under People and Blogs for me.

I also checked bunch of Big Bang, 2NE1, PSY, Winner and Ikon and everything I checked was under Music only, didn't matter if the mv was old or new.

I read about this on AKP too, couldn't find another source. There was user posted article claiming Blackpink had switched categories from People and Blogs to Music once mv gets popular, but since the SSes were of different mv's (Stay being in People and Blogs and D4 in Music). There was another user who posted proof that D4 was in Music category YG's Trick to increase VIEWS for BLACKPINK's MVs in Youtube! , top comment's ss.

So I'd conclude that this is something YG used to do with Blackpink only for weird reason, maybe to trick youtube's system and competition, but doesn't seem like they do anymore.

In terms of D4's views, I don't think they are inflated by this category thing, but BP's other mv's might be ^^
Ye, Boombayah is still under blogs&people. D4 not anymore, I saw it as well
I got it from a k-buzz site.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ye, Boombayah is still under blogs&people. D4 not anymore, I saw it as well
I got it from a k-buzz site.
Well wayback machine only gives me Music for example on Jun 16th (released 15th Jun), Jun 30th, Jul 18th, Sep 19th etc, you get the pattern. So i'd rather trust that right now in terms of D4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread