♫ The [SPOTIFY] Thread ♫ (2 Viewers)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Wow, I didn't know! This is really cool. :pepecheer:

And I've been trying to get into Turkish music because my boyfriend of almost one year is Turkish! I'm also trying really hard to learn Turkish because I have plans of moving next year but so far I like Bengü's music a lot and Edis, I really need to check out others as well. But a lot of the songs aren't really my taste, I definitely am more pickier when it comes to Turkish music.

:pepesad:
Oh wow. Why are you moving to Turkey? Sorry if that's a personal question, you don't have to answer it.

Yeh I think it takes some time getting into it. I personally like Turkish rock and ballads over the pop/dance music whereas usually I would prefer pop over any other genre. I think the Turkish love songs are the cutest though and I hate love songs lol. I'm personally not into Bengu or Edis's music but I do enjoy Edis's songs when I'm in the mood to dance sometimes.
My 2 favorite Turkish artists are Cem Adrian and Mabel Matiz and my favorite rock singers are Can Bonomo, Kalben & Model.

If you would like any music recommendations or even any help with the language at all, I'd be more than happy to help. :)
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oh wow. Why are you moving to Turkey? Sorry if that's a personal question, you don't have to answer it.

Yeh I think it takes some time getting into it. I personally like Turkish rock and ballads over the pop/dance music whereas usually I would prefer pop over any other genre. I think the Turkish love songs are the cutest though and I hate love songs lol. I'm personally not into Bengu or Edis's music but I do enjoy Edis's songs when I'm in the mood to dance sometimes.
My 2 favorite Turkish artists are Cem Adrian and Mabel Matiz and my favorite rock singers are Can Bonomo, Kalben & Model.

If you would like any music recommendations or even any help with the language at all, I'd be more than happy to help. :)
No problem! Because it's almost impossible for him to come to the EU as a Turkish citizen. One of us has to move for us to be together. And I realised that it's a lot easier for me to do so + my parents/grandma would have no problem visiting me because they can stay 180 days in Turkey visa free while as Turkish person has to go through so much just to get visa for visiting. It's unfair but what can one do. I know a lot of people are like why would you go there when you're from a country that's a lot better off but it's not like I am happy here either. I've been going to Turkey since 2007 so it's almost like a second home to me. I'm going again on July 1st and then in September but I'm going to a hotel for now.. so after this I'm planning to save up as much as money as I can to get a short-term residence permit and to stay with him. He lives in Antalya and has his own apartment so I don't have to worry about a place to live. I already stayed there for 12 days in December. His mother lives in Gaziantep so we're planning to go meet her in July as well. I think I've got really lucky because he can speak English and he's an atheist just like me. And his mother is really open-minded. I'm trying to learn as much as Turkish as I can so I can help him with English because obviously he doesn't speak it as well as me and to have all the other opportunities such as getting work, even if it's in tourism for now.

And I haven't had time to explore them! I know about Can Bonomo from Eurovision. :o I also know Ceza because of boyfriend. I mean Bengü and Edis are quite basic pop but I listened to some other artists on the channels their music is uploaded to and I didn't like them as much. But I should check out the artists you mentioned! And thank you! :')
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
No problem! Because it's almost impossible for him to come to the EU as a Turkish citizen. One of us has to move for us to be together. And I realised that it's a lot easier for me to do so + my parents/grandma would have no problem visiting me because they can stay 180 days in Turkey visa free while as Turkish person has to go through so much just to get visa for visiting. It's unfair but what can one do. I know a lot of people are like why would you go there when you're from a country that's a lot better off but it's not like I am happy here either. I've been going to Turkey since 2007 so it's almost like a second home to me. I'm going again on July 1st and then in September but I'm going to a hotel for now.. so after this I'm planning to save up as much as money as I can to get a short-term residence permit and to stay with him. He lives in Antalya and has his own apartment so I don't have to worry about a place to live. I already stayed there for 12 days in December. His mother lives in Gaziantep so we're planning to go meet her in July as well. I think I've got really lucky because he can speak English and he's an atheist just like me. And his mother is really open-minded. I'm trying to learn as much as Turkish as I can so I can help him with English because obviously he doesn't speak it as well as me and to have all the other opportunities such as getting work, even if it's in tourism for now.

And I haven't had time to explore them! I know about Can Bonomo from Eurovision. :o I also know Ceza because of boyfriend. I mean Bengü and Edis are quite basic pop but I listened to some other artists on the channels their music is uploaded to and I didn't like them as much. But I should check out the artists you mentioned! And thank you! :')
Wow good luck in Turkey! I hope everything works out for you.

And honestly Turkish music really is a hit or a miss for me too. I usually end up liking the songs more for their lyrics than their beats most of the time. Of course there's the good old pop songs that are easy to dance along to (Tarkan never fails to make me dance) but most of the time, it's the lyrics and meaning. Like the main reason I like Turkish rap even though I hate rap in general is because the rappers (that I listen to) talk about real issues that I can relate to. Ceza is amazing in that aspect which is why I listen to him. 😍
 

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
.
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
2,581
Reactions Received
10,912
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i see you there listening to lovebug...taste!!!!
 

Peach

Always there for Daniel
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
1,356
Reactions Received
5,025
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wow good luck in Turkey! I hope everything works out for you.

And honestly Turkish music really is a hit or a miss for me too. I usually end up liking the songs more for their lyrics than their beats most of the time. Of course there's the good old pop songs that are easy to dance along to (Tarkan never fails to make me dance) but most of the time, it's the lyrics and meaning. Like the main reason I like Turkish rap even though I hate rap in general is because the rappers (that I listen to) talk about real issues that I can relate to. Ceza is amazing in that aspect which is why I listen to him. 😍
Sorry for the late reply and thank you!

I don't understand the lyrics, yet, so it's hard for me to judge based on them so for now I care more about the beat/background music in Turkish pop music. I like Tarkan's Yolla! Boyfriend showed me his M/V from 1992 and I was like wow because it sounded nothing like Turkish music, haha.

Talking about hit or miss, there are some quite awful songs I've come across too and I was surprised that they have millions of views (even hundreds).. one that comes to my mind is Banu Parlak's Narin Yarim and then I remember that one boy group whose song title had Döner in it, I cringed so much! I think K-pop definitely has ruined it for me because now I'm a lot more critical towards other music. ;;

Turkish sounds really nice while rapped, imo. It's almost impossible for me to understand what Ceza raps though but he's great nevertheless.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
To whoever is listening to Love Me Love Me by Winner, I love you and I will forever stan you :maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread