COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

TWICE Answer the Web's Most Searched Questions | WIRED (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

TWICE Answer the Web's Most Searched Questions | WIRED
@Once

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I saw this last night lol, looked really awkward barring one or two moments, these English interviews really pick some of the lamest questions instead of just interviewing them like normal people.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I saw this last night lol, looked really awkward barring one or two moments, these English interviews really pick some of the lamest questions instead of just interviewing them like normal people.
For Twice, i think it's cos except maybe Mina-normal spontaneous interview questions are more difficult for them to answer than say ITZY. The English language interviews i saw of ITZY last year i think were okay, even l8r sometime this year- they dint make much mostakes/flubs (ITZY i mean), but you could see they practised hard to get to a certain level of fluency/naturalness/spontaneity(just a certain level mind you).

I dont think Twice are quite there cos there's Sana, Momo n Tzuyu to consider too. If it was a normal interview, i think it'd be more awkward or like SNSD, mostly Tiffany answering in English in those days. (Not sure abt Mina's English since i think she mostly grew up in Japan, i might be totally off base here tho.) With the time spent practising n training n such, i doubt they (Twice) hv much/enuf time to be proficient in English for free form interview. Whereas ITZY has Lia, n i believe JYPE markets them to the west more than Twice. Just my opinion/observation.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
For Twice, i think it's cos except maybe Mina-normal spontaneous interview questions are more difficult for them to answer than say ITZY. The English language interviews i saw of ITZY last year i think were okay, even l8r sometime this year- they dint make much mostakes/flubs (ITZY i mean), but you could see they practised hard to get to a certain level of fluency/naturalness/spontaneity(just a certain level mind you).

I dont think Twice are quite there cos there's Sana, Momo n Tzuyu to consider too. If it was a normal interview, i think it'd be more awkward or like SNSD, mostly Tiffany answering in English in those days. (Not sure abt Mina's English since i think she mostly grew up in Japan, i might be totally off base here tho.) With the time spent practising n training n such, i doubt they (Twice) hv much/enuf time to be proficient in English for free form interview. Whereas ITZY has Lia, n i believe JYPE markets them to the west more than Twice. Just my opinion/observation.
Nah I don't mean the fluency in English itself, they can always just add subtitles.
It's more like the kind of questions they get, those Google search questions were pretty ridiculous and elementary lol, and they didn't really have much to say in the answers as well coz what more can you say really.
I'd rather just have an interviewer there and ask questions or just pick fan questions from Twitter, which would probably be a lot more interesting.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Nah I don't mean the fluency in English itself, they can always just add subtitles.
It's more like the kind of questions they get, those Google search questions were pretty ridiculous and elementary lol, and they didn't really have much to say in the answers as well coz what more can you say really.
I'd rather just have an interviewer there and ask questions or just pick fan questions from Twitter, which would probably be a lot more interesting.
I flopped n watched the video after answering, but still similar reaction. Also i think its the format of WIRED YouTube videos(this is the first iv come across tho). Each brand/channel has their own non-overlapping format(some of which iv been posting on KS, eg Seventeen magazine, Bazaar n others: not sure which brand/channel would hv the format ur describing(beside which im not sure Twice would go ahead n do an interview format like tat, for reasons in my first reply to u). Frex, written/verbal questions are different: even some of the nuances seemed unfamiliar here to them; such as get along, at least it seemed Jeongyeon hesitated slightly at first. Make tat a spoken interview n its magnified many many times. My own experience would be in learning a foreign language from books/tutor: written - im ok. Verbal tat is normal to native speaker(outside my lessons)- i flopped.[if i continued my lessons n practised, i might do better: but see my earlier reply, i dont think Twice hv enuf time after practise/training {unless they forego sleep/rest, which would play havoc with concentration; so net effect-worse still?]

Tldr: im happy with this as they tried rlly hard.(i wouldnt mind if they did an interview as you describe tho).

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I flopped n watched the video after answering, but still similar reaction. Also i think its the format of WIRED YouTube videos(this is the first iv come across tho). Each brand/channel has their own non-overlapping format(some of which iv been posting on KS, eg Seventeen magazine, Bazaar n others: not sure which brand/channel would hv the format ur describing(beside which im not sure Twice would go ahead n do an interview format like tat, for reasons in my first reply to u). Frex, written/verbal questions are different: even some of the nuances seemed unfamiliar here to them; such as get along, at least it seemed Jeongyeon hesitated slightly at first. Make tat a spoken interview n its magnified many many times. My own experience would be in learning a foreign language from books/tutor: written - im ok. Verbal tat is normal to native speaker(outside my lessons)- i flopped.[if i continued my lessons n practised, i might do better: but see my earlier reply, i dont think Twice hv enuf time after practise/training {unless they forego sleep/rest, which would play havoc with concentration; so net effect-worse still?]

Tldr: im happy with this as they tried rlly hard.(i wouldnt mind if they did an interview as you describe tho).
The girls were fine, I just feel Wired barely put any effort in this format/content lol. On the plus side, Sana's spoken English sounds cute af, tho it's just her saying rehearsed lines lol.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
The girls were fine, I just feel Wired barely put any effort in this format/content lol. On the plus side, Sana's spoken English sounds cute af, tho it's just her saying rehearsed lines lol.
I did a quick scroll-through (without watching any) of WIRED's YouTube series: its mostly western celebs answering most searched questions; last kpop i found was Jackson Wang(recently), n NCT (IN 2018!!!) Not sure any in between or before. The format dint give Twice much to work with. Id suggest another gg but since this is my thread, i wont derail it myself. Most of Twice Youtube videos in this type of synergistic pairing are ok tho(iirc, i dont rmbr which Twice hv done, cf Seventeen mag, Bazaar or others). Tbh i just enjoy them(n other kpop ggs) going thru their paces n a little out of their comfort zone in these type of videos. I dont expect similar to Tiffany Young/Jessica/Jennie/Rosé responses, but i think even Rosé had canned/cliched answers(which i did enjoy seeing, i nvr expected similar to Tiffany/Jennie replies: totally different personalities/characters/styles; just watching her answer great).

You can kinda see it on Running Man/Knowing Bros, i think- the preparedness idols/guests go thru to appear : time invested vs reward/payoff of viewer attention/interest. Same with a 10 minute Youtube video/interview. I think its not fair game to totally put it on WIRED being low effort, its kinda the format ig. I still enjoyed the video, personally-so there's tat?

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I did a quick scroll-through (without watching any) of WIRED's YouTube series: its mostly western celebs answering most searched questions; last kpop i found was Jackson Wang(recently), n NCT (IN 2018!!!) Not sure any in between or before. The format dint give Twice much to work with. Id suggest another gg but since this is my thread, i wont derail it myself. Most of Twice Youtube videos in this type of synergistic pairing are ok tho(iirc, i dont rmbr which Twice hv done, cf Seventeen mag, Bazaar or others). Tbh i just enjoy them(n other kpop ggs) going thru their paces n a little out of their comfort zone in these type of videos. I dont expect similar to Tiffany Young/Jessica/Jennie/Rosé responses, but i think even Rosé had canned/cliched answers(which i did enjoy seeing, i nvr expected similar to Tiffany/Jennie replies: totally different personalities/characters/styles; just watching her answer great).

You can kinda see it on Running Man/Knowing Bros, i think- the preparedness idols/guests go thru to appear : time invested vs reward/payoff of viewer attention/interest. Same with a 10 minute Youtube video/interview. I think its not fair game to totally put it on WIRED being low effort, its kinda the format ig. I still enjoyed the video, personally-so there's tat?
Yeah I guess it's the format itself, or even with the format I'm sure they could have picked more interesting questions than stuff like "how many members", "who is Twice leader" etc. I mean they debuted in 2015, have an extremely big fandom, these aren't exactly answers we're dying to know, they could have come up with more fun stuff from either Google searches or stan Twitter lol.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
They really hate these US promos istg :lisalaugh:

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Yeah I guess it's the format itself, or even with the format I'm sure they could have picked more interesting questions than stuff like "how many members", "who is Twice leader" etc. I mean they debuted in 2015, have an extremely big fandom, these aren't exactly answers we're dying to know, they could have come up with more fun stuff from either Google searches or stan Twitter lol.
Its not a perfect match of gg/Twice n WIRED's autocomplete/most searched yt series, but JYPE seems to be on a weird (to me, n maybe others) marketing kick for Twice to Western (or non korean) market, see my "Taste of Love" scavenger hunt thread(s).

I dont see how different questions would be better tho. Ymmv. I think they did fine, n the questions were expected (by me anyway) for Twice. Do you hv any proposed questions tat you think would hv made for a better video? (Not a test or anything, im just genuinely curious; im too afraid to go to google myself n try any questions to autocomplete).:we_kpopsourcing::nekoshy::lazypotato:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
They really hate these US promos istg :lisalaugh:
With questions like these it's hard to be excited :irenecrazy:

Its not a perfect match of gg/Twice n WIRED's autocomplete/most searched yt series, but JYPE seems to be on a weird (to me, n maybe others) marketing kick for Twice to Western (or non korean) market, see my "Taste of Love" scavenger hunt thread(s).

I dont see how different questions would be better tho. Ymmv. I think they did fine, n the questions were expected (by me anyway) for Twice. Do you hv any proposed questions tat you think would hv made for a better video? (Not a test or anything, im just genuinely curious; im too afraid to go to google myself n try any questions to autocomplete).:we_kpopsourcing::nekoshy::lazypotato:
I mean anything fun, for instance if BTS or BP go to one of these interviews and get asked "how many members" can you imagine their faces lol.
You can have questions about the members, what they do, hobbies/interests outside music, dorm stories, fun memories etc. Have them react to fanmade content maybe as well, anyway I know it's the format but I can't imagine the members feel too excited having to answer these lol, but they endure it poor girls :haylul:
I guess with this format you can only do so much, but they'll probably have some other content too where they'll be asked different stuff hopefully.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
With questions like these it's hard to be excited :irenecrazy:

I mean anything fun, for instance if BTS or BP go to one of these interviews and get asked "how many members" can you imagine their faces lol.
You can have questions about the members, what they do, hobbies/interests outside music, dorm stories, fun memories etc. Have them react to fanmade content maybe as well, anyway I know it's the format but I can't imagine the members feel too excited having to answer these lol, but they endure it poor girls :haylul:
I guess with this format you can only do so much, but they'll probably have some other content too where they'll be asked different stuff hopefully.
I cant rmbr which grps/ggs iv posted here of these types of videos - Gfriend, OMG, GIDLE n ITZY come to mind; kinda doubt if i posted any Twice or BP or RV just cos of timing: ie before 2020 late November n after had no cbs(LOL). I forget if WJSN or DC did/hv any either.

Its just the price of marketing to us mon-literate/fluent in korean(for them n us ig).

If we all understood/studied/learnt korean they wouldnt hv to do this in English, swhy i dont begrudge them anything when they participate in this type of video/interview, id be flailing n flopping if my job involved me doing any such video/interview in a different language as hard to learn/practise as it would be for Twice/ggs except BP/Tiffany Young/Jessica/Krys/Amber.

:nekoshy: :welp::reallysadcat::sadcat:

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
What is Twice's genre??? Okay, I admit to asking what the Backstreet Boys' genre was when I first got into current music, but SERIOUSLY???

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
dgmw this interview was adorable af, but some of these questions are so basic...

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
dgmw this interview was adorable af, but some of these questions are so basic...
Yeah, the questions are taken from google(?) n are questions actually asked by random(?) searchers. Its probably as good as it gets for kpop in google(?). Id love to see a similar video for other grps but i dont think there's much ROI for those id be interested in. You might find n watch earlier ones: Jackson Wang or NCT. (Disclaimer- i aint watched any, so i hv no idea if any better or worse; but id guess Jackson/Lucas/Mark respectively would find sth interesting/funny to make the video more enjoyable but im not planning/gonna anytime soon.)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
still adorable girls

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread