COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Event [Ho Ho Holigames] Winter Story (1 Viewer)

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
nice that we once again were not tagged and I randomly had to find out there was a winner posted.
this isnt the first time either.
also, why was this not decided by public voting like the other events?
the events here are always such a mess.
apologies, i thought that if you interact with a thread you automatically watch it, and i forgot that option can be disabled. i didn't even think of tagging, and i'll make sure to do so next time.

as for the voting, each event is decided whether we choose to do public or private voting. if voting is public we mention it, but if not mentioned, the judging is staff only. next time in the thread op i'll make that more clear.

generally, we try to uphold a good standard for our events. with the holiday season as well as a transition period for our new interns, it's been a bit more messy. if you would like to discuss this further, feel free to open a dm. we'd love to hear your thoughts. However, if you feel like an event may not be a good fit for you, or too messy for your liking, none of our events require participation

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
nice that we once again were not tagged and I randomly had to find out there was a winner posted.
this isnt the first time either.
also, why was this not decided by public voting like the other events?
the events here are always such a mess.
I have to agree that tagging at least the people who submitted a work would be nice next time.
Also have to agree, that it was nowhere stated that it wouldn't be a public voting. Well, actually we got zero information about how the winner will be chosen.
One other thing is that I still didn't get my winner badge with said that I need to wait until the whole events end, while the snowball winners get their badges immediately after the mini game ended. What's the difference between the mini games that some got their badges and some not?
That seems messy. @Events Lead sorry to tag you, I didn't want to tag all the Events, we just have some feedback on this event and please, take it as a
constructive feedback.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have to agree that tagging at least the people who submitted a work would be nice next time.
Also have to agree, that it was nowhere stated that it wouldn't be a public voting. Well, actually we got zero information about how the winner will be chosen.
One other thing is that I still didn't get my winner badge with said that I need to wait until the whole events end, while the snowball winners get their badges immediately after the mini game ended. What's the difference between the mini games that some got their badges and some not?
That seems messy. @Events Lead sorry to tag you, I didn't want to tag all the Events, we just have some feedback on this event and please, take it as a
constructive feedback.
Different people were in charge of different minigames, which is why some miscommunications seemed to have happened, versus a more typical event where everyone is generally included in parts of every aspect. We will keep what you guys said in mind of course if we do another event like this, and we don’t mind constructive criticism if it is indeed constructive criticism vs being mean. Not saying you were mean here but mean comments in the name of “constructive criticism” have occurred before here so for the sake of all who read this I’m adding that note. Additionally, if you have concerns the easiest and most effective way of relating them to us would be through a dm with one or more events members, as it’s more likely we’ll see it quickly and be able to answer your questions/respond to feedback. As for voting, daesuki explained it above, whenever voting is public it’s announced in the intro thread. We could have specified that staff will judge them and next time will do so, but for future reference if public voting isn’t stated as part of it it’s pretty safe to say it won’t be a part of the event. Again, for future reference. I hope this answers why the differences here arose, and if you’re still worried about getting badges you will get the winning ones soon. We haven’t forgotten about them, don’t worry.

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Congratulations! All of your stories were wonderful :excitedcat: :pandahappy:

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Different people were in charge of different minigames, which is why some miscommunications seemed to have happened, versus a more typical event where everyone is generally included in parts of every aspect. We will keep what you guys said in mind of course if we do another event like this, and we don’t mind constructive criticism if it is indeed constructive criticism vs being mean. Not saying you were mean here but mean comments in the name of “constructive criticism” have occurred before here so for the sake of all who read this I’m adding that note. Additionally, if you have concerns the easiest and most effective way of relating them to us would be through a dm with one or more events members, as it’s more likely we’ll see it quickly and be able to answer your questions/respond to feedback. As for voting, daesuki explained it above, whenever voting is public it’s announced in the intro thread. We could have specified that staff will judge them and next time will do so, but for future reference if public voting isn’t stated as part of it it’s pretty safe to say it won’t be a part of the event. Again, for future reference. I hope this answers why the differences here arose, and if you’re still worried about getting badges you will get the winning ones soon. We haven’t forgotten about them, don’t worry.
My point about the badges was not me worrying about why I didn't get it yet, but to point out that the hosts in different mini games handled it differently. Just like some Event members tagged participated users at the end of the games and some didn't. I understand that different people were in charge of different minigames, but if the games are kinda similar, everything else needs to be similar too, I guess.
I didn't try to be mean for sure and I wrote “constructive criticism” because it was, on my part. I had no malicious intentions with a simple feedback and I thought we can give public feedbacks on the forum. Next time, I will do it through a dm, as you said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread