COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation Introducing Leyla Blue! (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stay
Pronouns
She/Her
343675321_1215577239139383_3119622824379205007_n.jpg

Who is Leyla Blue?
I'll go with her own description on her Spotify description: ''NYC native Leyla Blue started her musical journey at only 12 years old, after being inspired by Christina Aguilera and the icons of the early 2000's. A teenage obsession with Amy Winehouse finally pushed her to pursue a lifelong music career, crafting her staple sound which combines raw lyricism with nostalgic R&B pop. Leyla who has struggled with depression and an eating disorder, uses music as a tool, to rewrite her own narrative. Now 23 years young, Leyla embarks on a new era with full musical and visual arsenal at her back, ready to command the pop limelight on her own terms.'' She's a very sweet and hard working artist, trying to get her music to more people. Whenever i comment on her channel, she always writes back. Her songs are addicting, but also just touch too close to home with some of the lyrics. Leyla was under Universal Record from 2019 til now, recent tweets allude to her having become independent.

325355523_1324037468392064_663482918344748134_n.jpg

My favourite music from her

Her first viral song, i absolutely loved it. I know there has been a debate over her lyrics shading another female, but i have to counter argue that some other female artists sing about killing their ex's new girlfriend and noone batted an eye, so.... Make of that what you will.

I remember hearing these lyrics and being gutted to the stomach. The song was released 3 years ago, and i wish we could say things are different.
"You’ll say my dress was too short
And if i bring him to court
You’ll let him off with a slap on the wrist
Until he does it again
And you have to pretend
You didn’t know that he was dangerous
You know what?

You can go and Fuck yourself"

Her voice in this song is like the lyrics say ''nicotine'', addicting!

Her newest release!

It's a very telling song about a woman bearing her heart to someone, while knowing she is probably a placeholder for someone else! With lyrics such as:

"Turning off the lights pitch black
telling me to move like that
are u seeing her in me
fantasy or memory?
I can play the part so good
turn into her if I could.
---
Not to be a buzzkill
but i hate that u probably
dont want me,
u just want somebody

filling up the empty space in ur bed."

A song dear to me

"I've been waking up tired
Dead inside but i'm wired
Running low, flying high on autopilot
I've been dressed in disguise
Hiding in broad daylight

I've lost touch with my friends
Don't feel like making amends
Don't have the will to pretend
that i care right now
Cause they've all got a life
And i've spent my last year inside

No it's not easy
But I find in time we get used to things being so hard
Like the rain on roof of my mamma's old silver car
Let it sing me to sleep
Find peace in my dreams
Paradise aint a land too far"

It feels really painful, and personal but also like a comforting hug. Just like the title, it's good to sometimes realize that not everything will be okay, and that's fine too.

d6c5ff75a90b40aaedb8def7a2dddf0a.jpg

My personal opinion
Hugely underrated, when her music is this good! Her recent viral song hopefully propels other people to listen to her too. I'm still waiting for a full album, and maybe more tour dates for her, seeing how her first tour was this spring. Just checked her socials, and it's honestly so sad to see how scared and afraid she still is of negative comments, when she just wants to express herself through music. I remember her posting this video below, a completely impromptu acoustic session for the fans, and someone commented some aweful thing, and she just responded humbly that she will work on it. Which if i was her, i would've slapped a bitch! I'm just so thankful she faces her hardships head on, just to give strength to other people, as she said in an interview: “I can’t control the chemicals in my brain, but I can understand it and direct it towards something productive. My OCD and eating issues have absolutely what has made me who I am, so I’m just telling my story and hope that inspires others to be open about their own story.” (https://plnkwifi.com/2020/10/28/get-to-know-leyla-blue/)
Some of my favourite instances when she felt so close and vulnerable!

Talking about having a vacation away from one's self.

327457003_3352815958304459_3518645229675112949_n.jpg

Her Socials

343209484_619613896733333_6277621375747216865_n.jpg

Last edited:

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
I've never heard of her but she is pretty!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread