COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do you think entertainments and idols should start calling out bad fan behavior? (1 Viewer)

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
some idols do that already.
entertainment companies are a different story. They mostly care about money and that‘s what any kind of fan is.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Absolutely.
Dumbasses (especially those that risk other peoples' safety) deserve to be called out. If there are those who can't follow the rules given, then let them hear it. It may actually be even more effective if the idiots hear it straight from the idols right there and then, and not from the company afterwards, lol.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
Yep. Increasingly, in fact.

While I don't hold the big wigs and idols accountable for the actions of their fans (unless they are directly or indirectly but obviously encouraging the bad behavior for the sake of monetary gain or whatever), I do think it should be a common practice for them to check some of their behavior. Huge negative hashtag trending against a group? Check that. Photoshopped images spread depicting murder or making fun of someone's relative, alive or deceased? Check that. Hate campaigns launched on the false accusation of sajaegi (whether it's an idol, idol group, or solo artist not as well known by i-fans)? Check that.

It's harder to check regular internet trolls, regardless of what kind of fandom (sports, comic, k-pop, what have you) you're in. Trolls are trolls. I think, though, that there are certain behaviors that transcend being a troll, and that is something that should not be encouraged...or ignored. True, folks are gonna do what folks are gonna do regardless, but at the very least the companies/idols/groups/whatever don't have to be all "I just work here" about it.

Small change is better than no change, methinks.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yes. As entertaining as it would be to see an all out fanwar between EXO-L's and ARMY's in the streets- people are crazy nowadays. If fans won't listen to anyone else, they'll definitely listen to their idols telling them to stop. But tbh it doesn't just have to be violence; if idols notice that their fans are saying certain things or bothering other idols they should speak up against it. Even one tweet or IG post can stop a lot more than people think.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
of course

or at least be more strict, companies say that stalker fans will be blacklisted from events but still allow them to interact with their groups makes me :susPepe:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
Not calling out other’s behavior is sometimes more toxic than the behavior itself.

arieam

Reactions Received
Website
youtube.com
KS Coins
imo they don't even have to do it explicitly. like just make exo and bts collab and that'll sort out 90% of the problem and make my life
but for the most part i wish they'd do more to curb toxic behaviour in fandoms...
on the other hand tho in a lot of cases toxic behaviour gets them more money...so are they inclined to call it out? idk

Reactions Received
KS Coins
They should but they won't, these obsessive fans are the one giving them the most money so sad to say, kpop is a business after all.

The Korea government also can prevent it by making stalking a serious offence but they too have so far been quiet and slow to act about the issue, most of the crazy sasaeng fan have only been fined and jailed for afew weeks.. They just resume stalking their idol afterwards which is plain stupid....

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i wish they would but i don't think the companies allow it sometimes.. but it'd be really nice if they could cuz i think the fans would straight up listen.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I think they should, but I don’t think it will anytime soon. After seeing how Army’s and Blinks act, I wish something could be done about it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
Chanyeol’s done it numerous times on instagram, but it’s fallen on deaf ears :nekosweat:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Some idols tried but nobody listened to them at least in the long run and sometimes they were criticized for it like Chanyeol. I think that it’s an uncomfortable position but idols. Companies should do more about this matter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread