COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Teaser Dune | Official Main Trailer (2nd if u count the first ) (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

Dune | Official Main Trailer (2nd if u count the first [from September 2020], i hvnt read whether a full cut final edit of the movie exists from 2020, or if its been amended for the October 2021 release). I kinda want to see it in IMAX to experience the full scope of it but im not sure if i will.
@RandAlThor (will u watch this, im guessing not)

I hvnt read the book in yrs, im not sure how many but i read the whole series'tho i cant rmbr much of it rn. I also read some of the prequels by his son n Kevin Anderson. I quite liked the Dune mini series n Children of Dune, im a little disappointed they nvr continued on into Dune Messiah, God Emperor of Dune n Heretics of Dune, but i always had an impression these 3 titles themselves were too problematic to be used, n the characters from Dune n Children of Dune not appearing in any meaningful way in those books set much later than 'em, dooming the continuation. So it wasnt too much of a surprise. In the same way, i think maybe Dune parts 1 n 2 might happen, then Children of Dune. But i dont expect Dune Messiah, God Emperor of Dune of Heretics of Dune to continue any possible franchise; maybe Dune pt 4, 5, 6 like how Twilight saga was the series name (and appended to the following works titles) after the success of the first bk/movie.

Still cant rmbr much of wat happens from any/all of the books or shows apart from bits n pieces of the first Dune movie by David Lynch.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

Dune | Official Main Trailer (2nd if u count the first [from September 2020], i hvnt read whether a full cut final edit of the movie exists from 2020, or if its been amended for the October 2021 release). I kinda want to see it in IMAX to experience the full scope of it but im not sure if i will.
@RandAlThor (will u watch this, im guessing not)

I hvnt read the book in yrs, im not sure how many but i read the whole series'tho i cant rmbr much of it rn. I also read some of the prequels by his son n Kevin Anderson. I quite liked the Dune mini series n Children of Dune, im a little disappointed they nvr continued on into Dune Messiah, God Emperor of Dune n Heretics of Dune, but i always had an impression these 3 titles themselves were too problematic to be used, n the characters from Dune n Children of Dune not appearing in any meaningful way in those books set much later than 'em, dooming the continuation. So it wasnt too much of a surprise. In the same way, i think maybe Dune parts 1 n 2 might happen, then Children of Dune. But i dont expect Dune Messiah, God Emperor of Dune of Heretics of Dune to continue any possible franchise; maybe Dune pt 4, 5, 6 like how Twilight saga was the series name (and appended to the following works titles) after the success of the first bk/movie.

Still cant rmbr much of wat happens from any/all of the books or shows apart from bits n pieces of the first Dune movie by David Lynch.
lol reread dune this year also just the first book.

saw the dune 2 trailer was there when i saw that awful foundation one.

Dune books reading order
  • Dune.
  • Dune Messiah.
  • Children of Dune.
  • God Emperor of Dune.
  • Heretics of Dune.
  • Chapterhouse: Dune.
1 i love and reread alot.
2 is ok
after that i read em all once which is a pretty strong condemnation :)

the son and Anderson stuff i read but its fluff. The house books were a fun ret con.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
lol reread dune this year also just the first book.

saw the dune 2 trailer was there when i saw that awful foundation one.

Dune books reading order
  • Dune.
  • Dune Messiah.
  • Children of Dune.
  • God Emperor of Dune.
  • Heretics of Dune.
  • Chapterhouse: Dune.
1 i love and reread alot.
2 is ok
after that i read em all once which is a pretty strong condemnation :)

the son and Anderson stuff i read but its fluff. The house books were a fun ret con.
I think i read 9 or 10 of the books overall, maybe slightly more (including all first 6 at least once). 1 or more problems might be not actually owning the books when i was younger n had lots more time (dearth of wider reading material, not enuf books/same dozens of books i had from young with additions but not including Dune/books unavailable here/or incomplete sets at tat time; eg Tad Williams, Lous McMaster Bujold, Steven Brust or deciding based on the covers, which turned me off Terry Pratchett; until a newspaper review made me give it a new chance-which was fortuitous when i later read Going Postal n Tiffany Aching). Also to flip bk to Dune, nth in the series was retained by me beyond a few broad strokes; like in the new trailer- i cant rmbr/differentiate Gurney Halleck, Stilgar n Duncan Idaho beyond the fact tat Khal Drogo/Aquaman is now a bodyguard/security personnel. I dont rmbr Gurney, Stilgar or Duncan from the previous shows other than the names. I forgot/dint retain anything from so many hrs of reading, n hv no intent to reread again to try n do so. Too little RoI imo. Not even Dune 1. I would reread other books b4 i consider Dune.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think i read 9 or 10 of the books overall, maybe slightly more (including all first 6 at least once). 1 or more problems might be not actually owning the books when i was younger n had lots more time (dearth of wider reading material, not enuf books/same dozens of books i had from young with additions but not including Dune/books unavailable here/or incomplete sets at tat time; eg Tad Williams, Lous McMaster Bujold, Steven Brust or deciding based on the covers, which turned me off Terry Pratchett; until a newspaper review made me give it a new chance-which was fortuitous when i later read Going Postal n Tiffany Aching). Also to flip bk to Dune, nth in the series was retained by me beyond a few broad strokes; like in the new trailer- i cant rmbr/differentiate Gurney Halleck, Stilgar n Duncan Idaho beyond the fact tat Khal Drogo/Aquaman is now a bodyguard/security personnel. I dont rmbr Gurney, Stilgar or Duncan from the previous shows other than the names. I forgot/dint retain anything from so many hrs of reading, n hv no intent to reread again to try n do so. Too little RoI imo. Not even Dune 1. I would reread other books b4 i consider Dune.
Well gurney in the lynch version is the Dr X/john luke picard actor :)

Tad Williams i own the green angle set got em used in hard back first editions super cheap.
Steven Brust the Jeherg set i have all of also.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Well gurney in the lynch version is the Dr X/john luke picard actor :)

Tad Williams i own the green angle set got em used in hard back first editions super cheap.
Steven Brust the Jeherg set i have all of also.
I was more into Eddings/Donaldson/Feist at tat age/point in time as they were available here/released before TW/Brust/Jordan. I guess i overloaded b4 TW, as i did give up on Brooks/Feist too. Finally reasd all Feist Midkemia solo till the finale in ebook from library but only once 2/3 yrs ago so retained little post 1st trilogy/Mara trilogy(very little even of those 6 books).

I wish Brust Jhereg/Bujold Vorkosigan were more widely available here earlier. But i love Gavriel Kay from Tigana onwards, (Fionavar seemed underwhelming to me at the time n seldom reread l8r).

I tried TW Dragonbone Chair n Stone of Farewell recent 2 or so yrs ago in ebook from library also n finished DC but made it maybe 150~200 pages in SoF before i got bogged down cos i wasnt getting the feeling of getting anywhere, in terms of 'getting' the book, the characters n the world, or the plot. Im getting too old maybe to start new complex series, or its just me not 'getting' it/long complex stories at all. Malazan abt 10 or so yrs ago i also couldnt 'get'into, maybe im a simple fool who needs simple, linear stories. Robin Hobb, GRRM, Rothfuss, Scott Lynch were great (Lynch i could only finish 2 of his books, either cos of too long a gap between books or the story being too complex for me in the 3rd or forgot too much of 1 n 2).

More series/books but this is too long already.ill stop here for now.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I was more into Eddings/Donaldson/Feist at tat age/point in time as they were available here/released before TW/Brust/Jordan. I guess i overloaded b4 TW, as i did give up on Brooks/Feist too. Finally reasd all Feist Midkemia solo till the finale in ebook from library but only once 2/3 yrs ago so retained little post 1st trilogy/Mara trilogy(very little even of those 6 books).

I wish Brust Jhereg/Bujold Vorkosigan were more widely available here earlier. But i love Gavriel Kay from Tigana onwards, (Fionavar seemed underwhelming to me at the time n seldom reread l8r).

I tried TW Dragonbone Chair n Stone of Farewell recent 2 or so yrs ago in ebook from library also n finished DC but made it maybe 150~200 pages in SoF before i got bogged down cos i wasnt getting the feeling of getting anywhere, in terms of 'getting' the book, the characters n the world, or the plot. Im getting too old maybe to start new complex series, or its just me not 'getting' it/long complex stories at all. Malazan abt 10 or so yrs ago i also couldnt 'get'into, maybe im a simple fool who needs simple, linear stories. Robin Hobb, GRRM, Rothfuss, Scott Lynch were great (Lynch i could only finish 2 of his books, either cos of too long a gap between books or the story being too complex for me in the 3rd or forgot too much of 1 n 2).

More series/books but this is too long already.ill stop here for now.
I love eddings belgariad and madorallen series. ( the first 2 5 book sets) also reread many times. they are old friends.
Donaldson i read the Thomas convent sets.
Feist something buti am not sure what.
TW is hard a super slow starting set. it was just so cheap is why i bought em .
I am lucky and buy Brust from amazon super cheap.
Malazan seems hit or miss for ppl. I started with Deadhouse gates and went back to gardens then read em. Was fun to talk about em with a guy a work. But its a huge set with like a 400k time line that he pings around in. Also ists a darker world than i normally go for, it just so .....strange though is i think why i kept going back.

Grrm i hate. I just do not like his world or his toons.
i have tried american gods like 3-4 times and crash out.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I love eddings belgariad and madorallen series. ( the first 2 5 book sets) also reread many times. they are old friends.
Donaldson i read the Thomas convent sets.
Feist something buti am not sure what.
TW is hard a super slow starting set. it was just so cheap is why i bought em .
I am lucky and buy Brust from amazon super cheap.
Malazan seems hit or miss for ppl. I started with Deadhouse gates and went back to gardens then read em. Was fun to talk about em with a guy a work. But its a huge set with like a 400k time line that he pings around in. Also ists a darker world than i normally go for, it just so .....strange though is i think why i kept going back.

Grrm i hate. I just do not like his world or his toons.
i have tried american gods like 3-4 times and crash out.
In more recent yrs, iv tried n love Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner; n Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series. Before tat even, Susan Dexter Channadran, Lyndon Hardy's Magic by Numbers(first 3 only, since those came out when i was younger), Barry Hughart's Master Li n Number Ten Ox(published earlier but read by me quite a bit l8r) n Roger Taylor's Hawklan(maybe just first 3 or 4 the originals, a trilogy?).

It was wat was available, or at tat point there was a specialty books rental (actually many either franchise or standalones), but i couldnt get there regularly or get too many books, plus i had to return them or lose the deposit. So it limited my reading material, plus i had bought hundreds or maybe a 1000 plus comics, Marvel n DC; so my budget (n reading time) was split between them(comics n sff books). I was actually really into sf by Asimov, Heinlein n Anthony more than fantasy, except Lotr, Eddings, n Donaldson. Guy Gavriel Kay with his non bookstop/non trilogy works was a favorite as i mentioned above.

I did read many/almost all Goodkind Sword of Truth, at least all with the main character Richard Rahl (who i had to googwikisearch to know/rmbr his name). Borders opening in S.E.A. was a godsend/two edged sword?

Go sleep Rand, it must be late for u now. LOL.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
In more recent yrs, iv tried n love Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner; n Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series. Before tat even, Susan Dexter Channadran, Lyndon Hardy's Magic by Numbers(first 3 only, since those came out when i was younger), Barry Hughart's Master Li n Number Ten Ox(published earlier but read by me quite a bit l8r) n Roger Taylor's Hawklan(maybe just first 3 or 4 the originals, a trilogy?).

It was wat was available, or at tat point there was a specialty books rental (actually many either franchise or standalones), but i couldnt get there regularly or get too many books, plus i had to return them or lose the deposit. So it limited my reading material, plus i had bought hundreds or maybe a 1000 plus comics, Marvel n DC; so my budget (n reading time) was split between them(comics n sff books). I was actually really into sf by Asimov, Heinlein n Anthony more than fantasy, except Lotr, Eddings, n Donaldson. Guy Gavriel Kay with his non bookstop/non trilogy works was a favorite as i mentioned above.

I did read many/almost all Goodkind Sword of Truth, at least all with the main character Richard Rahl (who i had to googwikisearch to know/rmbr his name). Borders opening in S.E.A. was a godsend/two edged sword?

Go sleep Rand, it must be late for u now. LOL.
it was i did .

Asimov, Read almost all of his even the crazy circus spies series which i really liked.
Heinlein I love his younger titles. much of the older targeted stuff is very weird. some good (stranger) but most bad :)JOB number of the beast ect
n Anthony that man is so hit or miss. the first 3 Xanth books were really good blue adept was fun. On a pale horse was terrific (the rest of the Incarnations series was weak at best) bio of a tryant got so awful i stopped some books in.

Julian may you may like the Saga of Pliocene Exile and Galactic Milieu Series books sets try many colored land.
1627227156071.png

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
it was i did .

Asimov, Read almost all of his even the crazy circus spies series which i really liked.
Heinlein I love his younger titles. much of the older targeted stuff is very weird. some good (stranger) but most bad :)JOB number of the beast ect
n Anthony that man is so hit or miss. the first 3 Xanth books were really good blue adept was fun. On a pale horse was terrific (the rest of the Incarnations series was weak at best) bio of a tryant got so awful i stopped some books in.

Julian may you may like the Saga of Pliocene Exile and Galactic Milieu Series books sets try many colored land.
1627227156071.png
Iv tried the Julian May works, either this series bk 1 or Black Trillium collab, i kinda bounced of their style/story/thematic angles/structure. There's a few authors/works i kinda bounced off cos it strays too far/not available where i am when younger; including Niven, Poul anderson, Pournelle, Cherryh, n many others from tat same few decades-i rlly liked McCaffreys dragon series especially the Music Hall, MasterHarper but mostly not the others. Also dint get into Lackey, Duane, Wynne Jones, n others.

I love Asimov, Heinlein n Pohl unequivocably i think, Foundation, Robots, Double Star, Door into Summer, Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Star Beast, Have Space Suit Will Travel, Friday, Time Enough for Love, To Sail Beyond the Sunset, The Cat Who Walks through Walls, Friday, even NotB n Job i hv uncritical love for, i musta read each book at least 6-8 times each if not 10 or more. Also the Heechee saga 1-4 but only those by Pohl. Also various leGuin, Harry Harrison Steel Rat, Gibson, Simmons, Stephenson, n too many others to rmbr/write here. Ill stop here for now.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Iv tried the Julian May works, either this series bk 1 or Black Trillium collab, i kinda bounced of their style/story/thematic angles/structure. There's a few authors/works i kinda bounced off cos it strays too far/not available where i am when younger; including Niven, Poul anderson, Pournelle, Cherryh, n many others from tat same few decades-i rlly liked McCaffreys dragon series especially the Music Hall, MasterHarper but mostly not the others. Also dint get into Lackey, Duane, Wynne Jones, n others.

I love Asimov, Heinlein n Pohl unequivocably i think, Foundation, Robots, Double Star, Door into Summer, Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Star Beast, Have Space Suit Will Travel, Friday, Time Enough for Love, To Sail Beyond the Sunset, The Cat Who Walks through Walls, Friday, even NotB n Job i hv uncritical love for, i musta read each book at least 6-8 times each if not 10 or more. Also the Heechee saga 1-4 but only those by Pohl. Also various leGuin, Harry Harrison Steel Rat, Gibson, Simmons, Stephenson, n too many others to rmbr/write here. Ill stop here for now.
Citizen of the Galaxy , Tunnel in the sky , Starship Troopers(these 3 are my more reread) , Rolling stones, Farmer in the sky, puppet masters, revolt in 2100 , the sixth column. I have a ton of him and reread his work often.

wait maybe Asimov did the lucky star stuff to read all those.

All the tarzan books.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Citizen of the Galaxy , Tunnel in the sky , Starship Troopers(these 3 are my more reread) , Rolling stones, Farmer in the sky, puppet masters, revolt in 2100 , the sixth column. I have a ton of him and reread his work often.

wait maybe Asimov did the lucky star stuff to read all those.

All the tarzan books.
All these titles i nvr found for sale when i was younger so hardly or nvr read them, let alone reread 6 times. Maybe a few times or 1 time each from library.

Asimov dint hv circus spies tho? No lucky star or norby the robot for me as not seen here.

No Tarzan or John Carter either.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
All these titles i nvr found for sale when i was younger so hardly or nvr read them, let alone reread 6 times. Maybe a few times or 1 time each from library.

Asimov dint hv circus spies tho? No lucky star or norby the robot for me as not seen here.

No Tarzan or John Carter either.
yep https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Starr_series

Teh circus spies is EE doc smith. whos lensman and skylark stuff i have too )
1627229954831.png

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
IIhv only 1 E.E.Smith which i bought when i visited my brother in London looong ago, it was First lensman n it took me yrs before i finally read Children of the Lens, Gray Lensman, Masters of the vortex, Galactic Patrol, Second Stage Lensman, Triplanetray; they were library copies n scattered at various branches. I nvr even thot to just keep em n not return them, so i think i only read those at least 1 time n not sure if i ever did read more. Dalembert n Skylark i nvr came across any copies to read at all.

The same trip i bought A.E. van vogt 2 bks, not sure which now.

Many yrs l8r Borders had Cordwainer Smith's instrumenatilty of Man complete stories collection but now i regret not buying at the time cos the price. I did borrow it from the library as well as the Norstrillia(?) or Planet Buyer book.

James Tiptree Jr's Crown of Star postthumous collection/book is my favorite of hers.

Also i want to mention Connie Willis, Nancy Kress, Greg Egan, Kage baker for their stories/novels/books. Also david marusek. Again i must stop cos its nearly 1am here now.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
IIhv only 1 E.E.Smith which i bought when i visited my brother in London looong ago, it was First lensman n it took me yrs before i finally read Children of the Lens, Gray Lensman, Masters of the vortex, Galactic Patrol, Second Stage Lensman, Triplanetray; they were library copies n scattered at various branches. I nvr even thot to just keep em n not return them, so i think i only read those at least 1 time n not sure if i ever did read more. Dalembert n Skylark i nvr came across any copies to read at all.

The same trip i bought A.E. van vogt 2 bks, not sure which now.

Many yrs l8r Borders had Cordwainer Smith's instrumenatilty of Man complete stories collection but now i regret not buying at the time cos the price. I did borrow it from the library as well as the Norstrillia(?) or Planet Buyer book.

James Tiptree Jr's Crown of Star postthumous collection/book is my favorite of hers.

Also i want to mention Connie Willis, Nancy Kress, Greg Egan, Kage baker for their stories/novels/books. Also david marusek. Again i must stop cos its nearly 1am here now.
we are trading keeping each other up :)

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
we are trading keeping each other up :)
U r a couple yrs older than me n half a world away, but iv been reading sff a looong time, i read Tom Swift from my primary school library(at least tats wat i tell myself, is it a dream of a memory or a memory of a dream?).

But there's so much in common tho we hv slightly or much different tastes. Iv tried to join SFF forums (long ago maybe mid 2000s) but diffrent time zones n pacing led me to drop bk, Iv joined their discord servers now tho.

To continue somewat trading bk n forth, i hv affection for Sandman comic by Neil Gaiman so iv read American Gods, Anansi Boys, various of his younger audience works but none as interesting/compelling to me as Sandman. I did read n enjoy Good omens way looong ago. Also Douglas adams'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, books n tv show.

The end for now, for real this time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread