COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation Somi X Louis Vuitton- Dazed Korea CF (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

It's good to see her booked and busy through various brand deals, CFs and photoshoots even though her music career is kinda just there rn. I think she's being set up better as a model/actress for the long run.

Anyway she looks good so appreciate :sanapray:

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
i think she needs that one song to blow up.. like Chungha had with Roller Coaster
well, teddy oppa, its your turn

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
i think she needs that one song to blow up.. like Chungha had with Roller Coaster
well, teddy oppa, its your turn
I've actually come round on What you waiting for lol, it's not amazing but now I find it pretty catchy :haylul:
She also needs a more active schedule, just a single a year isn't gonna cut it :yolk:

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I've actually come round on What you waiting for lol, it's not amazing but now I find it pretty catchy :haylul:
She also needs a more active schedule, just a single a year isn't gonna cut it :yolk:
maybe they should just focus on the SK market and not global.. like its the trend nowadays :pepecry1:but what GP likes in s-korea )
True just a single each year wont do it for soloist, but there we go, typicall YGE

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
maybe they should just focus on the SK market and not global.. like its the trend nowadays :pepecry1:but what GP likes in s-korea )
True just a single each year wont do it for soloist, but there we go, typicall YGE
I think Somi might have more appeal internationally so it's not a bad thing but they should have her be more active and promote more, right now she looks more like an influencer and model than an idol :reallysadcat:

dooh

Jensetter <3 Jennie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I think Somi might have more appeal internationally so it's not a bad thing but they should have her be more active and promote more, right now she looks more like an influencer and model than an idol :reallysadcat:
i get what you mean, she kinda feels in between right.. weird position to be in :jisoosmh: ( well even BP is kinda like that )

They could push her so much more, she has so many fans inside and outside sk. Even her vlogs blow up..

YGE is a riddle to me :sanathink:

Last edited:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
i get what you mean, she kinda feels in between right.. weird position to be in :jisoosmh: ( well even BP is kinda like that )

They could push her so much more, she has so many fan inside and outside sk. Even her vlogs blow up..

YGE is a riddle to me :sanathink:
Yeah but BP has a massive fandom and also gp popularity so that kinda schedule works for them and only them :jisoosmh:
Anyone else looking to use the same strategy, idk how well that's gonna turn out :jisoosmh:

It's actually remarkable Somi is still as popular as she is despite doing so little lol. And she's incredibly well-connected in the industry, her networking skills are A+.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Yay, Somi. Get tat coins.

With regards to the undercurrent of wat is being discussed in this thread, maybe YGE is a hybrid mysic/celebrity agency/company. The musical career synergises with the modelling/cf/everyone of a thing else, so it works better for Somi n BP. I wont comment more at this time on others at YGE.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yay, Somi. Get tat coins.

With regards to the undercurrent of wat is being discussed in this thread, maybe YGE is a hybrid mysic/celebrity agency/company. The musical career synergises with the modelling/cf/everyone of a thing else, so it works better for Somi n BP. I wont comment more at this time on others at YGE.
Well technically Somi is in The Black Label but that modelling thing works only for BP I feel and not the rest of YGE although G Dragon and Mino are pretty popular.
TBL is supposed to be more musically inclined but Somi is on that BP comeback schedule which doesn’t work as well for her. Outside her music she’s still popular tho, but her songs don’t really do that well. Atleast with BP, everything they do is successful so their schedules can be somewhat forgiven.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Well technically Somi is in The Black Label but that modelling thing works only for BP I feel and not the rest of YGE although G Dragon and Mino are pretty popular.
TBL is supposed to be more musically inclined but Somi is on that BP comeback schedule which doesn’t work as well for her. Outside her music she’s still popular tho, but her songs don’t really do that well. Atleast with BP, everything they do is successful so their schedules can be somewhat forgiven.
From wikipedia:
"Current artists include Sechs Kies, Big Bang, Dara, Akdong Musician, Winner, iKon, Blackpink, and Treasure as well as actors and actresses including Kang Dong-won, Choi Ji-woo, Cha Seung-won, Lee Sung-kyung, Jin Kyung, and Yoo In-na. Other notable artists include Somi and Anda who are under YG Entertainment's subsidiaries The Black Label and YGX respectively.

Former artists include Wheesung, Epik High, 1TYM, Gummy, Seven, Minzy, Park Bom, 2NE1, Nam Tae-hyun, Lee Jong-suk, Psy, Seungri, B.I, One, CL, Lee Hi, and Jinusean."

I was going more by wat was discussed upthread, if you compare past n present artists(non-actor specifically)- musically independant artists eventually left YGE to pursue their own path musically(for one reason or another).
Exception seems the idol groups n Akmu.
I might lump in Somi with Dara as (post IOI), Somi might be expanding her horizons to not be focusing exclusively on her musical path. Also Somi is still so young compared to others with her years of experience. It would be nice to hv more cbs per yr, but at her age maybe she has time to spread her wings n take her time. This is just from when i started liking her with her solo debut. I just started thinking of this when i read this thread tho.(n compared/observed her situation to her predecessors in YGE.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread