COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official Trading update (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Personally I feel like this is more of a bandage to the problem that there's so many cards in the game that just having a cards page display all cards isn't really viable anymore especially when there's no ways to filter it at all and you can only just search the name of the card which even then there's like 10 cards of some idols.

I don't know how viable it is to add a way to filter or hide sections of the cards page but as long as people keep playing the game and the cards page stays the way it is then any actions on the pages is just going to keep getting longer and longer.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Personally I feel like this is more of a bandage to the problem that there's so many cards in the game that just having a cards page display all cards isn't really viable anymore especially when there's no ways to filter it at all and you can only just search the name of the card which even then there's like 10 cards of some idols.

I don't know how viable it is to add a way to filter or hide sections of the cards page but as long as people keep playing the game and the cards page stays the way it is then any actions on the pages is just going to keep getting longer and longer.
I think this has been suggested a few times and I think it’s just not a feature avaliable that we can implement. Some things are just out of our hands with what features are available, especially with cards. It’s true the card pages will keep getting longer but we haven’t come up with a solution for that that we can use, aside from Tiffany optimizing the card help page which has been done. But the main issue isn’t that. Having someone’s profile take an extra second to load does add to it but if someone makes a massive 30 for 30 card trade it’ll take a long time no matter how fast the page loads just because of the sheer number of cards. That’s really the bigger issue that this is addressing, not profiles being a second slower.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I think this has been suggested a few times and I think it’s just not a feature avaliable that we can implement. Some things are just out of our hands with what features are available, especially with cards. It’s true the card pages will keep getting longer but we haven’t come up with a solution for that that we can use, aside from Tiffany optimizing the card help page which has been done. But the main issue isn’t that. Having someone’s profile take an extra second to load does add to it but if someone makes a massive 30 for 30 card trade it’ll take a long time no matter how fast the page loads just because of the sheer number of cards. That’s really the bigger issue that this is addressing, not profiles being a second slower.
An extra second depends entirely on how good someones internet is as I can scroll through the entirety of the cards page and images are still loading as well as sometimes I can search up Moonbyul for example and I end up at Monsta X from images loading and pushing it down meaning I have to use the arrows to get back to the card I want.

If nothing can be done though then it is what it is.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Code:
U r trading with user A
card giving: card 01
card receiving: card 02

U r trading with user B
card giving: card 02
card receiving: card 03
So in the example above, does my count for the day equal 4 or 3? Asking for a friend :rosedance: :takingnotes:

BlueBelle320

fka sunghooked
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
You can only trade five cards total per day now??? I guess I'm confused. Like, imagine this scenario: I go on, say, Harmony's trading thread and see a card I want, but Harmony has already hit her trade limit. Then what? You didn't think about that, did you lol

Nina

🧜🏼‍♀️ 𝓜𝓼. 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱 🦄
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
Fish/Mermaid
Ship
Code:
U r trading with user A
card giving: card 01
card receiving: card 02

U r trading with user B
card giving: card 02
card receiving: card 03
So in the example above, does my count for the day equal 4 or 3? Asking for a friend :rosedance: :takingnotes:
2 separate trades. That’s still 4 cards.
10 trades in a day sounds like a nightmare. Good decision! :taesip:
A nightmare is moving around 100 plus cards :pepecry2:

You can only trade five cards total per day now??? I guess I'm confused. Like, imagine this scenario: I go on, say, Harmony's trading thread and see a card I want, but Harmony has already hit her trade limit. Then what? You didn't think about that, did you lol
Post the trade when the days resets.

Last edited:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
An extra second depends entirely on how good someones internet is as I can scroll through the entirety of the cards page and images are still loading as well as sometimes I can search up Moonbyul for example and I end up at Monsta X from images loading and pushing it down meaning I have to use the arrows to get back to the card I want.

If nothing can be done though then it is what it is.
It does but for my massive trade with you for example where it was 30 for 30 or so the profiles loading an extra second wasn’t adding much time because it was only a second, but the trade took ages anyways because there were so many cards. Either way if we had a solution for the cards page loading slowly we would implement it, it just isn’t the major issue that this trade cap is addressing.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
It does but for my massive trade with you for example where it was 30 for 30 or so the profiles loading an extra second wasn’t adding much time because it was only a second, but the trade took ages anyways because there were so many cards. Either way if we had a solution for the cards page loading slowly we would implement it, it just isn’t the major issue that this trade cap is addressing.
You are free to do as you wish but with your current solution I will simply just close my trading center as 10 cards total in a trade is extremely restrictive.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
That’s not really an issue, it’s 5 per day so you can just wait however many hours are left to post it. You’d still need agreement from them anyways so you’d be waiting most likely.

ningholic

worlds best girlfriend
Reactions Received
Website
2xning.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
🍀🌱🦎
Pronouns
they/she (prefer they more)
Ship
Wreck
lets not overwork the cards team guys !! :itsokay:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@Cards Users we also have a couple notes and questions to answer. The op will be updated with this info too.

Firstly, in a 3 way or anything more than 2, each trade is counted as one trade. So if you do Miyeon 4 for Somi 2, then trade the Somi 2 for Jonghyun 1, that's 4/10 used up that day.

Secondly, trades count differently based on who's posting. For the poster of the original trade, the trade counts when it's posted. For the person agreeing, it's counted as when the person agrees. So you can have a trade counted on different days for the different participants, as long as neither one exceeds the 10 cards per day. If the agreeing person has more than 10 already, they will have to reagree the next day. If the person posting has more than 10 the trade will need to be reposted the next day, but the person agreeing will be able to use the previous agreement as long as the repost reminds the team of the agreement being done already.

If anyone else has questions, feel free to ask :sanapray:

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
@Cards Users we also have a couple notes and questions to answer. The op will be updated with this info too.

Firstly, in a 3 way or anything more than 2, each trade is counted as one trade. So if you do Miyeon 4 for Somi 2, then trade the Somi 2 for Jonghyun 1, that's 4/10 used up that day.

Secondly, trades count differently based on who's posting. For the poster of the original trade, the trade counts when it's posted. For the person agreeing, it's counted as when the person agrees. So you can have a trade counted on different days for the different participants, as long as neither one exceeds the 10 cards per day. If the agreeing person has more than 10 already, they will have to reagree the next day. If the person posting has more than 10 the trade will need to be reposted the next day, but the person agreeing will be able to use the previous agreement as long as the repost reminds the team of the agreement being done already.

If anyone else has questions, feel free to ask :sanapray:
Oooh, nice idea/implementation about different user's card count leading to user A posting 10 cards but being able to get user B's count to. Brain freeze, can't describe succinctly, know it's useful for trading tho hv to budget ddas in advance if user goes over limit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread