COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Ive never understood the appeal of big cities (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
Do you live in a big city? If so what are the pros and cons of where you live?

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
Nope small rural town this one.

all the shops are close
and people are friendly.

kiki

you will be forever missed
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Wiz*one frvr
Ship
I personally love big cities better, theres more things to do and everything is more accessible like food delivery, regular post arrives faster etc

Also just being always surrounded by other ppl feels kinda comforting in a way

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
More stuff to do in big cities.
I personally love big cities better, theres more things to do and everything is more accessible like food delivery, regular post arrives faster etc

Also just being always surrounded by other ppl feels kinda comforting in a way
i dont now, but i used to. and like the best thing was accessibility. whether it be stores, public transport, malls etc, everythings within reach
I get that. If you like to go out for a night on the town then a big city is where it's at. But traffic alone turns me off of wanting to do anything.

BlueBelle320

fka sunghooked
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, there's the advantage of accessibility, but there's also, especially if you live next to a busy road like me (and in my case, this is quite literal), the possibility of hearing loud traffic noises like sirens, horn honks, trucks backing up, and car alarms going off.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I live in a seaside town and it's just about the acceptable size for me, anything bigger and I wouldn't like it.

I prefer a quieter residential area to live which a city wouldn't/doesn't provide much of. Cities have too many people in one place and traffic is awful. My town has just the right amount and traffic is fine. Being in a seaside town too there are a good number of Nightclubs, restaurants (big chain and small local), cafes, shops and recreational/leisure facilities (sport centres, gyms, cinemas etc). So tbh I kinda live in a place that provides plenty of what a large city does, just without all the overcrowded mass of people + bad traffic.
:icgyu: :jenniesmug:

Oh, and I live only 20 miles from a city and all the prices there are literally double of what I pay in my local shops. Be it food, clothes etc. It's crazy that everything is so expensive in cities. I guess it's due to the jobs/wage available in cities.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
It would take an awful lot of money to get me to live in a vertical city. especially in the US.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
is 500,000 pop a big city? If so I do. . . Originally, the appeal when living in rural area to live in big city is for opportunities. When all you have is a walmart, a movie theatre, some supermarkets, and some suveneir shops... a metropolitan area with many malls and not having to order everything online is a dream.. but things about these areas is bulls**t. Ooh a 2 bedroom apartment for $900?! that seems good right? Wrong. In order for you to get into there you must make 2.5-3x the rent. It isn't this way in smaller areas. It is way more difficult to get into places in bigger areas than small cities and/or towns.

It would take an awful lot of money to get me to live in a vertical city. especially in the US.
because of money? or too dense a population?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I like it because of the variety of things you have access to. For example foreign restaurants or specific things you might wanna purchase, ofc I could purchase online but going in person is more fun and convenient. My city has a population of 1M ish so I think it's medium sized. I liked the idea of living in our capital with the population of 8M+ but sadly I'm moving to a city in Sicily in few months which is like 300K, way too small for my taste.

Soogi

radical kyeominist
Reactions Received
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
KYEOM CULT
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
my town is midsize but well-known, which is nice because we have everything close by and plenty of fun things to do but it's relatively peaceful and quaint with lots of greenery. public transport is also much better than it would be in a smaller town, super convenient for someone like me who doesnt have their drivers license

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
is 500,000 pop a big city? If so I do. . . Originally, the appeal when living in rural area to live in big city is for opportunities. When all you have is a walmart, a movie theatre, some supermarkets, and some suveneir shops... a metropolitan area with many malls and not having to order everything online is a dream.. but things about these areas is bulls**t. Ooh a 2 bedroom apartment for $900?! that seems good right? Wrong. In order for you to get into there you must make 2.5-3x the rent. It isn't this way in smaller areas. It is way more difficult to get into places in bigger areas than small cities and/or towns.

because of money? or too dense a population?
its just there is zero appeal.
8 figures a year might get me to NY or any of the NE cities for 1 year. long enough to get retirement money and i am out.
Seoul wasn't awful but it was vacation.

i like my space. I like to drive ect :)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
its just there is zero appeal.
8 figures a year might get me to NY or any of the NE cities for 1 year. long enough to get retirement money and i am out.
Seoul wasn't awful but it was vacation.

i like my space. I like to drive ect :)
Yeah. A lot of people like NY.... but I'd rather get f***d by a railroad spike than live there. I do live in a bigish city and I miss being able to walk to the library or even buy a gyro for $5 at a real Greek restaurant... Meanwhile the only Greek place charges twice that price and the arbys near me doesn't even have authentic gyros :yolk:

liliya

Thunder ⚡️
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stingray
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I lived in small country for the first 20 years of my life and moved to the city about a month and a half ago. The big things I’ve noticed is the scents are different (no more manure lol), convenient (don’t have to drive 20-30mins to the nearest grocery store, and I am only a 15min walk from school instead of an hour and a half drive). Granted there is more traffic on the main road. Both have their positives and negatives

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
she/her/her's
I lived in small country for the first 20 years of my life and moved to the city about a month and a half ago. The big things I’ve noticed is the scents are different (no more manure lol), convenient (don’t have to drive 20-30mins to the nearest grocery store, and I am only a 15min walk from school instead of an hour and a half drive). Granted there is more traffic on the main road. Both have their positives and negatives
The same for me! I grew up in a small town, and then moved to a big city. I enjoy having necessities closer to me, but yeah traffic is TERRIBLE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread