COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

WTH is going on in Korea this summer. (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
melon is a train wreck
folks are roofing with 600k ul
It like they are all so depressed by that ost that and Aladdin are all they are listening to.
Summi crashed and burned after a day.
Chrush has all of 600k ul.

Its a weird freaking year.

I think i dis like IU even more now :)

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
melon is a train wreck
It like they are all so depressed by that ost that and Aladdin are all they are listening to.

I agree, Melon has been very unpredictable these months.
Tbh Sunmi's cb is so-so. Like, the MV is great but I'm not feeling much the song...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
melon is a train wreck

What did Queen IU do? Disliking IU is not allowed on this forum.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
melon is a train wreck

Hotel Del Luna :jisoosmh::nayeonisdone:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
2019 just ain't it

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Hotel Del Luna :jisoosmh::nayeonisdone:
Hotel de Luna has superior songs, OST line up and, the drama is also popular that’s why the OST is doing well. Groups need to release better songs to beat the OSTs. Almost all the top groups songs have been underwhelming in terms of quality. I have spoken :joysip:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Hotel de Luna has superior songs, OST line up and, the drama is also popular that’s why the OST is doing well. Groups need to release better songs to beat the OSTs. Almost all the top groups songs have been underwhelming in terms of quality. I have spoken :joysip:
even as they dominate the chars the number are abysmal 100's of k ul down for last year at the top.
As much as i love Taeyeon.... seriously an unpromoted ost is still top 5

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Idol music in general hasn’t been doing well this year. Few songs topped the charts and even fewer stayed at the top.

Also, OSTs from popular shows have always done well. Ailee’s OST for Goblin was the #1 song on GAON at the end of the year. And you’ll almost always see an OST at the top at year end charts

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Descendants of the Sun, Goblin and now Hotel Del Luna, when a drama gets big, it's big :nekosweat:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Idol music in general hasn’t been doing well this year. Few songs topped the charts and even fewer stayed at the top.

Also, OSTs from popular shows have always done well. Ailee’s OST for Goblin was the #1 song on GAON at the end of the year. And you’ll almost always see an OST at the top at year end charts
Aliees song though had huge numbers, this ost is just controlling the charts but the numbers are much lower.
Aladdin is still multiple songs in the top 20.

last year numbers

old songs charting as high as new ones now

this week

week before

before that the only song in a month to break 50million

its a mess the numbers are way off across the board especially for new songs.

Taeyeon is 2nd with 39 m that is not top 5 most weeks last year.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Descendants of the Sun, Goblin and now Hotel Del Luna, when a drama gets big, it's big :nekosweat:
Thats just it .. the drama is not big, its successful but no where near the numbers of the other years.

its like the charts are dead. Ie a sea change in listening pattern's.

20-30% of the listeners have disappeared.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
They've disappeared cos they were sajaegi bought by YG in previous years, n now tat money is kept for lawyers fees to defend him/those involved in court case(s).
But seriously, if the year to year comparisons shows when the drop happens, if in January or during/after the news/reports broke; maybe my joke above is truer than I first thought of it [except not sajaegi just gp/fans turning off out of disinterest]. (Sfhuhfdghkkhggjjjhfd.)
Stream Taeyeon n all Hotel Del Luna osts.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
It's been like it for ages, I don't see it recovering any time soon either as when Melon roughly sunk was the same time Burning Sun exploded and nothing has really happened on the charts since N.Flying climbed Melon with Rooftop and that was at the start of the year.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Thats just it .. the drama is not big, its successful but no where near the numbers of the other years.

its like the charts are dead. Ie a sea change in listening pattern's.

I'm guessing Sky Castle was THE big drama this year, and there was Arthdal Chronicles too, but Del Luna has more buzz than that one maybe, not sure.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I feel like this year has been odd.
No real big hit song has been there yet. I literally wouldn't be able to predict anything for this years awards.
We still have some months left but a real national hit to appear this year seems unlikely for now

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I feel like this year has been odd.
No real big hit song has been there yet. I literally wouldn't be able to predict anything for this years awards.
We still have some months left but a real national hit to appear this year seems unlikely for now
Apart from Song of the Year I think BTS will likely win the other daesangs but for Song of the Year my guess for the candidates being something like Four Seasons, Boy With Luv, Bom, Fancy and something like MC The Maxs song from the start of the year or Rooftop.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Apart from Song of the Year I think BTS will likely win the other daesangs but for Song of the Year my guess for the candidates being something like Four Seasons, Boy With Luv, Bom, Fancy and something like MC The Maxs song from the start of the year or Rooftop.
yeah I only think a soloist could win SOTY. I doubt one group will get everything so I think BTS will get either Album or Artist. Maybe Bol4 will kill it with their comeback but idk. Even Four Seasons, Fancy, etc. wasn't as huge as the previous SOTY's or National Hits like Cheer Up, MGT, Rough, Love Scenarion etc.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
All of the songs from the OST are so good though :sanapray:

And I'm happy that Aladdin is doing so well. As a brown person, it's nice to know that the only big musical that has been made centred around brown is doing so well :yolk:

I guess idols aren't doing so well this year but in the end, I'm here for the music. I like seeing my faves do well but it doesn't mean that it's the only thing I care about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread